Raptor 700 techlusion

offroadracer

What exactly does this do? Is it a CDI box? im confused :beercheers: lol

Its a fuel control managment system Or as alot of people say a chip..it helps adjust the fuel injection especially after changing the exhaust to aftermarket.."I think I said that right"

Its a fuel control managment system Or as alot of people say a chip..it helps adjust the fuel injection especially after changing the exhaust to aftermarket.."I think I said that right"

yes ur right and read ur other post i left ya some info

Capt

• 1 month later...

I just bought a raptor 700 and im also new to dumont dune riders and would like to know is the aftermarket tfi good with the stock pipe or should i just wait till i get a aftermarket pipe.

wait until you get an aftermarket exhaust.. there's no benefit to installing the progammer with a stock bike.

i don't have the techlusion programmer, but in my 700r i have the trinity III kit (trinity full exhaust, trinity programmer, and trinity k&n filter w/ adaptor). works like a champ.

in my gf's 700r (dust collector) we have the cobra fi2000 fuel controller, k&n filter w/ adaptor, and gytr muffler. works well also.. sits in the garage nicely. maybe i should ride it sometime and get a better idea of how ir performs.

we run them with the airbox lid off. dan tuned 'em magnificently.

shouldnt you also change out the intake to a k and n, or similiar type intake before the fuel system management programmer is used?

I mean, the fuel should be changed when the amount of air going into the efi unit is changed, right? does an exhaust change that? i wouldn't think it did

without extra air, and adding fuel, you will be running lean, causing problems with your motor, right?

Edited by RICHARDCHEESE

shouldnt you also change out the intake to a k and n, or similiar type intake before the fuel system management programmer is used?

no mine isnt, its just the management system and exhaust, abbott did the setup but thats all that is done to it

I just bought a raptor 700 and im also new to dumont dune riders and would like to know is the aftermarket tfi good with the stock pipe or should i just wait till i get a aftermarket pipe.

buy the pc3 and dont waste your money on the tfi. the pc3 has way better adjustment and you can load and unload maps with a laptop.. very easy.

I mean, the fuel should be changed when the amount of air going into the efi unit is changed, right? does an exhaust change that? i wouldn't think it did

without extra air, and adding fuel, you will be running lean, causing problems with your motor, right?

you need the programmer if you change pipe or intake. if not , like you said it runs lean.

go and get ya a k and n filter with a trinity adapter(with outer wear) buy a ron woods single exhaust or go for the barker or lte duals and a pc3 (trust me on the pc3) I had the tfi and i traded it out for the pc3 and gaind 1.5 hp on the trade(after pipeand intake was already done) now i have a crap load of things done to mine and i dyno'd today at 66.71hp on mine. fun to ride and race with. i have spent the money already and if you have question plz ask 1st before you waste your money!!!! pm me!!

Capt

buy the pc3 and dont waste your money on the tfi. the pc3 has way better adjustment and you can load and unload maps with a laptop.. very easy.

you need the programmer if you change pipe or intake. if not , like you said it runs lean.

go and get ya a k and n filter with a trinity adapter(with outer wear) buy a ron woods single exhaust or go for the barker or lte duals and a pc3 (trust me on the pc3) I had the tfi and i traded it out for the pc3 and gaind 1.5 hp on the trade(after pipeand intake was already done) now i have a crap load of things done to mine and i dyno'd today at 66.71hp on mine. fun to ride and race with. i have spent the money already and if you have question plz ask 1st before you waste your money!!!! pm me!!

Capt

IS this the setup you had at the night ride that took a dump??

IS this the setup you had at the night ride that took a dump??

what do you mean by dump?

never seen an exhaust,intake or pc3 break b4 so not sure what ya mean by that..? please explain ur question?

what these do is help the engine breath and the pc3 adjust the ratios so you can run them.

if your talking about my mods in the motor then that is totally different than what is above here. yes i run these plus others. valve sheared of at the retainer clip and piston hit it. head is fine, only damage is the guide and the 1 valve. bought the best products out there for the mods but they are never fail-safe. failure due to a kibble white valve (again very good product).

maybe i missed your point

Capt