Solved our problem

sand chick

Tonight we finally solved our traveling problem!!

:thumb:

After 2yrs of thinking about getting this and thinking about getting that. Bob pulling the 5th wheel and me hauling the toys, twice the gas to get anywhere :blury: The frustration was too much. We had come to the conclusion that a toyhauler won't work for us, not with having the boat to pull around as well as the sand toys. So a couple of months ago we started looking for cabover campers. I think we have seen every freaking camper from Phoenix to LA. My only two real requirements, besides the basic fit, was that it had to have A/C and a toilet.

We thought we had the one we wanted picked out, after much debate. However the 19,000.00 price tag was a little steep for me :idea: We also looked at an 01 for 10,000.00 but it was TRASHED!! Who knew these things were so expensive :shake:

Yesturday we went over to a friends house and spotted this one way off the road, in a garage with the door open, teeny bright orange for sale sign in the window.

She's older 1988, one owner-little old man, kept her covered, imaculent condition, didn't use her much the whole time he's had her. NEW A/C unit just installed!! She's going to need a few things like a mircowave and I am not too keen on the "I painted the stripes to match my truck"

NO more sleeping in the truck bed on quick Dumont trips!! :dunno:

post-2396-1185246618.jpg

post-2396-1185246632.jpg

post-2396-1185246644.jpg

post-2396-1185246655.jpg

post-2396-1185246668.jpg

post-2396-1185246681.jpg

Oh yes AND we went from $19000.00 to $2000.00 :ahhhhh:

Edited by buggychick

Congrats! :thumb:

I know what you mean having to drive two things not fun and not cheap! That is why we got the moho and got ride of our 5th wheel. Boat is another problem learned not to launch with moho. :blury: We had to get something big enough for extended family to stay in too otherwise your setup would have been perfect.

Great price, good things come to good people. :ahhhhh:

Thank You!! :D

Also don't have to pay for licensing fees!! :ahhhhh: The plate from the truck goes right onto the camper!!

Yes that was our combined anniversary and BOTH our birthday presents :D

We were a little worried about the fridge, took a long time to start to cool down, but its getting there!! :blury:

I grew up camping in one of those things, it was hard to get rid of and it worked well, i wish they made them a bit bigger for the fam but that is nice. I always remember sleeping in there the night before then waking up half way to our destination, it was awsome looking out the top window in the master bed room while we were driving....GOOD TIMES and CONGRATS..

NO more sleeping in the truck bed on quick Dumont trips!! :laughing:

I like the "Fridge Tied to the Back" idea! Easy to get beer that way. :drinkbeer:

Thats not a fridge. Its extra storage and thats going to be the first thing to go!!

Yes she is SUPER clean. Light colored upholstry and not a stain or wear and tear on it. It is in better shape then the 05 that we almost bought for 19,000. Excellent use of that down payment. Very well taken care of!!

Its just perfect for the two of us and the pups. And the occasional time when the kid is here. And no more "can I sleep in the 5th Wheel" from a few of our friends!! :thumb: The hard part is going to be trying to figure out what is not coming over from the 5th Wheel, although this baby is packed with storage compartments. That I had already packed for the trip to HAVASU!! :eatdrink021:

Its all going to be worth it. And this year we can make double the trips out then last year only driving one vehicle :D

Edited by buggychick

I was just kidding 'about the fridge thing :drinkbeer:

Does it have a bathroom of sorts. It is gonna be fun as heck. Not having to take two trucks :eatdrink021: My ex and I used to have to do that sometimes. The people acrossed the street take two every time they go to Dumont. They seems to almost like it. :thumb:

Nice find, Jodi and Bob. :clap:

That is clean. Well taken care of. :barf:

Those are cozzzzy little homes.

Easy to haul around too.

We'll have to check it out in a couple days in Havasizzzzle.

:drinkbeer::thumb: :fro: :fro: :laughing::barf: .......... :eatdrink021:

I was just kidding 'about the fridge thing :cry:

Does it have a bathroom of sorts.

Yes it has a sh*t, shower, shaver!!

I know you were kidding post-2396-1185327860.gifpost-2396-1185327860.gif about the fridge thing. I thought the same thing when we look at it. And then Bob started talking about putting a keg in there and a nice long hose so he wouldn't have to get up and get a beer from the cooler :barf::drunk::shake:

We'll have to check it out in a couple days in Havasizzzzle.

:drinkbeer::thumb::booty::blury::barf::barf: .......... :eatdrink021:

YES!! We will be doing that!! :fro: :fro: :swim: :swim: CAN'T FREAKING WAIT!! :clap:

He's got it on my truck now!! You have to watch that last step its a long way down :laughing:

Oh yeah A/C works perfectly! BRRRRR its COLD in there!!

Edited by buggychick