Economy in the crapper

dunefreak

i work for Rey M. at silverstate. i worked for billy patton for years as well. i've been to your store under both employers.

you gotta get that commercial thing goin' mike. you're on the right track, if you need any help go ask billy because he's going through the same thing.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i work for Rey M. at silverstate. i worked for billy patton for years as well. i've been to your store under both employers.

you gotta get that commercial thing goin' mike. you're on the right track, if you need any help go ask billy because he's going through the same thing.

I figured you where talking about Patten when you mentioned water jetting. We are working on the commercial thing very hard. It is a long and slow process to get done though

fue; prices have dropped and there helping the dumbasses that bought 400,000 dollar homes on 60000 a year. and dropping the intrest rate its gotta help i agree with ynot the econemy isnt that bad . but yes houses are in the crapper.

Housing is like stocks and investments. They are only worth what there worth when you sell them. If my house was worth $650,000 2 years ago and now is only worth $550,000 what have I lost? If your not selling then it is worth what ever the market is. If your not moving then it doesn't matter what it's worth, even if the house is worth less than you owe or paid for it if you can afford/make the payments just hang in there and it will all shake out.

I am older than most of you and i have seen the cycles before. How many of you remember being in line for gas and having to get into a fight cause someone tried to cut in after you had been waiting for an hour to get gas. Been there, Fuel costs are indeed up as are food and everything else as we pay $1.50 for 16 ozs. of water in a bottle it's our standard of living that has changed. The average income is up and things are still tight. Don't you remember the conversations your parents had about you wanting something and you got the old "we just can't afford that right now" conversation?

Nothing is different, maybe I have to much faith and am definetly NOT blaming the President for higher fuel prices nor would I stretch to believe that he would have anything to do with a terroist attack that killed 3000 Americans. I am not blind but I see to much hatred amongst the ragheads for anybody else to blame. :thumbsdown:

While I will admit that the ecomomy is not as strong as it was say a couple of years ago it is still stronger than most people think. I also am in the mortgage business and I have seen the decline in income and the demise of companies that were to liberal in their underwriting and loan programs. But the ultimate responability falls on the consumer.

I can't tell you how many loans were done under the guise of "stated income" or No income type loans of people making $60K per year but wanting a $400,000 home. Was it stupidity on their part or greed? Most of it was greed pure and simple on the part of the builders, realtors, mortgage companies and the consumers who lied about their income and the industry looked the other way. Most people in "trouble" told the mortgage companies and builders that they were occuping the new house as a primary residence but their true intention was to flip it or rent it out and then sell it down the road. Guess what by the time most of there houses were finished the housing market train had left the station!

I spent countless hours trying to talk people out of option arms and Interest only products only to have the customer flat out tell me that's what they wanted.I sleep well at night knowing I tried my best to do the right thing by each one of them. But greed won and they are stuck with properties they can't afford and can't rent for the payment.

The truth of the matter is that only 5% of sub prime loans are in foreclosure. Most of the bank owned stuff is from investors and people who lied to try to make money.

I believe the ecomomy is strong enough to support new and existing businesses. People who owned companies and made lots of $ during the good times may have gotten spoiled and tried to hold to high of a margin or stopped marketing and or many other reasons. If you were in business before the "mad rush" it is my opinion that you should be in business now just having to work harder and hoping that you stacked some cash away for the not so good times.

For those looking for jobs are you only looking in your fields? Are you trying to expand out to other businesses that are doing well? You might have to work 2 part time jobs just like I did a long time ago. I am not lecturing here i am just speraking my mind.

I totally agree I was living well beyond my means when I was making killer money. Wasnt putting anything away either. Im definately paying for it now. I have looked in all fields trying to find a job and not having much luck. Im not even looking in the mortgage field anything, just to unstable right now.

And yes I could go out and get 2 part time jobs paying sh*t wages, but for me, being a single parent, rather my child not suffer me never being around and getting in trouble like I did when I was his age. Its kind of a catch 22 as far as Im concerned right now. It may come down to me having to do that to survive, but im not that desperate yet. Trying to keep my chin up and pray something comes thru.

I totally agree I was living well beyond my means when I was making killer money. Wasnt putting anything away either. Im definately paying for it now. I have looked in all fields trying to find a job and not having much luck. Im not even looking in the mortgage field anything, just to unstable right now.

And yes I could go out and get 2 part time jobs paying sh*t wages, but for me, being a single parent, rather my child not suffer me never being around and getting in trouble like I did when I was his age. Its kind of a catch 22 as far as Im concerned right now. It may come down to me having to do that to survive, but im not that desperate yet. Trying to keep my chin up and pray something comes thru.

hey scb dont forget even if you have to take a lesser job just keep looking youll find somthing that makes you :drinkbeer: that and some praying and youll get through. :thumbsdown:

Alot of this downward spiral is caused by the oil companies that are still making record profits.

and applying those profits to their conglomerates OUTSIDE the US :thumbsdown:

on to farming for minute

food costs are going to soar...i live in the san joaquin valley...the world's fuggin bread basket and food king. farmers are selling and have been selling thier land at alarming rates......less food production

also.....the govt is subsidizing this e 85 flexfuels B.S..so farmers are more than happy to quit growing what the consumer needs food-wise, and grow corn for flexfuel

Edited by RICHARDCHEESE

i'm not attempting to get all politco on yer :thumbsdown: 's.....

...........a good idea nonetheless

NewsMax: That's the thing; the subtitle of your book is "Savage Solutions." Tell me about some of the remedies.

SAVAGE: Well, I'll give you a quick one. We all wring our hands over illegal immigration, and no one has a solution. We come up with mad solutions such as deport them all, which we know is technically almost impossible. We have another solution, which is grant amnesty to them all, which is equally crazy, if not more so.

Well, I've come up with a solution, which is oil for illegals. There are 20 million of them, roughly, in this country. Mexico is sitting on one of the largest proven oil reserves in the world. They can afford to pay us one barrel of oil per illegal per month. By giving us 20 million barrels a month, it would go a long way towards helping us in many different ways. We consume 20 million barrels a day, roughly, of oil; so if we got 20 million barrels a month, that would take care of one-thirtieth of our needs.

NewsMax: That's essentially a double solution because we would be addressing energy dependency and illegal immigration at the same time.

from this website

http://www.firstliberties.com/conservatism_tsunami.html

i'm not attempting to get all politco on yer :drinkbeer: 's.....

NewsMax: That's the thing; the subtitle of your book is "Savage Solutions." Tell me about some of the remedies.

SAVAGE: Well, I'll give you a quick one. We all wring our hands over illegal immigration, and no one has a solution. We come up with mad solutions such as deport them all, which we know is technically almost impossible. We have another solution, which is grant amnesty to them all, which is equally crazy, if not more so.

Well, I've come up with a solution, which is oil for illegals. There are 20 million of them, roughly, in this country. Mexico is sitting on one of the largest proven oil reserves in the world. They can afford to pay us one barrel of oil per illegal per month. By giving us 20 million barrels a month, it would go a long way towards helping us in many different ways. We consume 20 million barrels a day, roughly, of oil; so if we got 20 million barrels a month, that would take care of one-thirtieth of our needs.

NewsMax: That's essentially a double solution because we would be addressing energy dependency and illegal immigration at the same time.

from this website

could be a start :thumbsdown:

i'm not attempting to get all politco on yer :booty: 's.....

from this website

no deport them.......................................................

yeah, illegal aliens who access social services, i think, is my biggest gripe of illegal immigration.

thy don't put into a system that they get services for...education, health care, welfare, food stamps...the sad part about itis.....our political leaders ALLOW this to happen

from my standpoint...it costs twice as much to educate a student that doesn't speak english

were they to immigrate legally...learning english is THEIR burden...not the taxpayers.

:booty:

why are they burdening the taxpayers, when, imo, dumont issues should be taken care of strickly with taxpayer money?

:laughing:

Well it seems this thread has taken a turn................ Well along those lines the REAL SOLUTION (at least in my mind)is to give the Jews Mexico!!!!!!!!!!!!! Better border security, all the illegals will go home and the anti zionist anti americans can have that piece of desert they have been fighting over for thousands of years back.

Looks like I picked the right industry to go into :booty:

It's funny that with all problems with gas prices and no one being able to travel, public aquariums pretty much double their previous years #'s consistantly.

I'm still glad I live in this counrty and no other; unless we get another crap-a$$-Clinton in the office :laughing:

Good call RichardCheese, I totally agree with you :laughing:

Would anyone care if we just took over Mexico? It probably wouldn't be hard... Oh wait, then American business wouldn't have anywhere to go to ignore environment and labor laws except China.

I usually dont get too involved in political discussions (my blood pressure soars) but lets look at it honestly.

As for the housing market, ynot is correct. The buyers got themselves into the mess, the developers and builders just cashed in on thier greed. What would make people think a new home worth $170G the year prior was now worth $500G's? Locals above all should have known something was gonna happen.

As for the illegal immigration thing, my wife is from Canada, and we did everything legally and realistically, its not that hard. It just costs some money and takes a little time.

Here's a question, if they grant amnesty, will all of us who did things legally get a refund of the money we spent? There's a class action lawsuit waiting to happen.

And lastly for government, I dont blame Bush or anyone in particular, I blame them all.

Lets look at the way you become set for life.

Step 1 : Watch the polls and find the most popular stands on the people's opinions and make them your own.

Step 2 : Get elected by promising the people you're going to do everything they want (from the polls of course)

Step 3 : Now in congress, the people no longer matter to you. You are now ready to be on the payroll of lobbyists and special interest groups.

Step 4 : Make sure to "borrow" as much as possible from Social Security, because now that you've been elected, you have your "Golden Parachute" retirement (more money than most make annual income) and will never have to go on it.

Step 5 : Next election watch the polls again so you know what BS to spew to try and get re-elected.

Step 6 : repeat Steps 3 and 4

Does anyone really and honestly believe after someone gets elected they even give a rats a$$ about the people anymore?

Just my opinions of course.

yeah, illegal aliens who access social services, i think, is my biggest gripe of illegal immigration.

thy don't put into a system that they get services for...education, health care, welfare, food stamps...the sad part about itis.....our political leaders ALLOW this to happen

from my standpoint...it costs twice as much to educate a student that doesn't speak english

were they to immigrate legally...learning english is THEIR burden...not the taxpayers.

:icon_twisted:

why are they burdening the taxpayers, when, imo, dumont issues should be taken care of strickly with taxpayer money?

:driver:

How about this idea. We need to change the tax program. We get taxed on our pay cks and pay taxes on our purches. This would work if no one got payed cash or under the table. My suggestion is to do away with the income tax. now every one is getting pad the same as the person who is getting paid under the table. Now raise the sails tax to compensate. now every one is paying the same taxes. Thus, taxes should be less $ because EVERY ONE is contributing to tax, even the illegals. What do you think of this idea.