"PINKS" out at the LVMS dragstrip

dunefreak

There should be some pretty fast, badass cars out there this weekend. :DDRrocks: There is a test-n-tune tonight, but I'm gonna try and make it out for Saturday.

full4871.jpg

SATURDAY! SpeedTV's PINKS All Out at The Strip

Thursday, September 6, 2007

The hottest show on television - SpeedTV's PINKS All Out Las Vegas - will invade The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway Saturday, Sept. 8. A burnout contest -- billed as the largest-ever in the history of LVMS -- has been added.

The entry allotment recently was increased to 425 cars to accommodate the unprecedented demand.

"The buzz continues to build for this incredible show," said Chris Blair, LVMS' vice president of racing operations. "We've received a unique mix of entries from across the U.S. and many more racers are hoping to earn a place in the show. As a result of this huge demand, PINKS All Out host Rich Christensen and the management of SpeedTV agreed to allow us to add an additional 25 positions to the field."

This open-competition event will feature the fastest cars in a heads-up (first car to the finish line wins), $10,000-to-win shootout (with a total purse of $18,000).

The event, which is not a typical PINKS "race-for-titles" competition, is open to any full-bodied "door car" (no dragsters, Altereds, roadsters, etc.). Cars must run 12.99 sec. or quicker in order to be able to register. :lol:

PLEASE NOTE: Entrant's car and its safety equipment will undergo an extensive technical inspection. Tech inspectors from the National Hot Rod Association (NHRA), LVMS and PSCA will be scrutinize each vehicle. Entrant's car and its equipment must meet the minimum safety guidelines as established by the NHRA. The Strip at LVMS is an NHRA Member Track and the NHRA rulebook will be followed without exceptions Anyone who has any questions regarding the legality of their car and/or safety equipment should contact the NHRA Tech Dept. at (800) 859-9111.

All participants will receive two qualifying runs on Saturday, Sept. 8. Following qualifying, PINKS host Rich Christensen and his crew will select 16 racers to compete in the $10,000-to-win, heads-up shootout. The selection of cars is at the sole discretion of the PINKS production staff. The first-round winners will receive $1,000 from a total posted purse of $18,000 (in addition to prizes from PINKS sponsors).

Spectator tickets are now on sale and may be purchased at www.LVMS.com and http://www.ticketmaster.com/.

For more information, please call The Strip's office at (702) 632-8213, or visit http://www.lvms.com/ and www.speedtv.com/pinks.

For more information on the PSCA, please visit http://www.pscaracing.com/.

Well we didn't make it out to the track tonight. We stayed at the Intnl. Ska Circus all day and most of the night. It was a great show with some really good ska bands. :beerpint::grin: Buck-o-Nine was the shizzle.

To whoever went to the track, how was it? Any pics or video? :beerpint:

Well we didn't make it out to the track tonight. We stayed at the Intnl. Ska Circus all day and most of the night. It was a great show with some really good ska bands. :laughoff::grin: Buck-o-Nine was the shizzle.

To whoever went to the track, how was it? Any pics or video? :DDRrocks:

Well i didn't make it cause i sat by the phone all night waiting from a call from the "El Presidente" to go but as usual I got disrespected by him and was left out in the cold. :beerpint: That's what I get on depending on those young wippersnappers! :laughoff::beerpint:

Well i didn't make it cause i sat by the phone all night waiting from a call from the "El Presidente" to go but as usual I got disrespected by him and was left out in the cold. :DDRrocks: That's what I get on depending on those young wippersnappers! :MBdance::laughoff:

Sorry Terry I dont have your number.

Pete and I were texting back and forth it was already late when he decided not to come out.

It was cool but they only ran the high 10 second cars which made for .001-.003 second differances :grin:

I guess the faster classes couldnt keep it together,they would all jump him and run too fast...damn sandbaggers :laughoff:

They had alot of exhibition runs,some jet cars which are always cool.

PSCA was still out there so some 6 secons street cars :beerpint::beerpint:

They also had a couple of top alcohol dragsters and a top fuel altered<this was really cool.

Well i didn't make it cause i sat by the phone all night waiting from a call from the "El Presidente" to go but as usual I got disrespected by him and was left out in the cold. :beerpint: That's what I get on depending on those young wippersnappers! :clap::DDRrocks:

:laughoff::laughoff: "disrespected"...... :driver::MBdance:

I didn't call you when I went because I didn't go! :thumb::grin: I even posted up that I was going to the ska show before hand and that I'd try to make afterwards. Don't tell me you too are like those that need me to hold their hand to do anything these days. :blury::driver: You should have just gone....or called me to see what was up. :booty::beerpint:

:laughoff::laughoff: "disrespected"...... :flipoff::laughoff:

I didn't call you when I went because I didn't go! :dunno::bawl: I even posted up that I was going to the ska show before hand and that I'd try to make afterwards. Don't tell me you too are like those that need me to hold their hand to do anything these days. :dope::laughoff: You should have just gone....or called me to see what was up. :idea::laughing:

Hey it's ok I know where I stand! But I could have gotten us handicap parking!! Naw no problem, It allowed the wife to DRAG me to RC Wiley to buy furniture for a business I don't even own yet and she woke up this morning and decided it wasn't the "right" furniture after all! Sometimes I just wish they would listen :banghead::dope:

Edited by ynot

Hey it's ok I know where I stand! But I could have gotten us handicap parking!! Naw no problem, It allowed the wife to DRAG me to RC Wiley to buy furniture for a business I don't even own yet and she woke up this morning and decided it wasn't the "right" furniture after all! Sometimes I just wish they would listen :laughing::banghead:

:bawl:

Hey it's ok I know where I stand! But I could have gotten us handicap parking!! Naw no problem, It allowed the wife to DRAG me to RC Wiley to buy furniture for a business I don't even own yet and she woke up this morning and decided it wasn't the "right" furniture after all! Sometimes I just wish they would listen :bawl::laughoff:

The appropriate man language responses at rcwilley.. is

"great honey lets go home now"

"whatever you decide to buy is great"

"you want that one :banghead:, Sure thing lemme go pay for it"

"yes honey that couch is great"

"i love it lets get it"

anything diffrent will result in :laughing:

i told the wife she could do WHATEVER she wanted to the house i dont care under 2 conditions... She leaves the garage alone.. and i get one room out of the house to do whatever i want to it. She has free range of the rest of the place. I picked my office/computer room and the garage... fk with those and your out on the street b*tch LOL j/k

The appropriate man language responses at rcwilley.. is

"great honey lets go home now"

"whatever you decide to buy is great"

"you want that one :banghead:, Sure thing lemme go pay for it"

"yes honey that couch is great"

"i love it lets get it"

anything diffrent will result in :laughing:

i told the wife she could do WHATEVER she wanted to the house i dont care under 2 conditions... She leaves the garage alone.. and i get one room out of the house to do whatever i want to it. She has free range of the rest of the place. I picked my office/computer room and the garage... fk with those and your out on the street b*tch LOL j/k

:laughoff: you poor, stereotypical husband :bawl: j/k