What will win up comp. a stock yfz 450 or a jetted 500 polaris predator?

king_of_dunes

Here is my bike. Me aaron, and jesse are leaving vegas around 6. We will see you guys at the hill. ill keep my eyes peeled for a yellow raptor with yellow beadlocks :beercheers:

100_1694.jpg

Looking good, have fun out their.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I like the new setup. I was doing 59 on it. I think thats about where I should be.... Bolt ons rock...but watch out for Jessies new raptor, its pretty fast for a bolt on!

What was Jesses mph ?

Hell ya jesse's rappy was fast for a few mods.setup,setup,setup!!Thats the most important thing is hill racing.Had me thinking about ditching the YFZ for a Raptor.That thing is a diesel.Its fun to ride.It was sweet how i could ride it up the hill in 1st going 2mph and never lost traction or bogged :hello: Like a tractor,lmao!!That was really a fun day for my bike being broken.Atleast i got to rock your guys bikes.The true highlight though was the shock of the guy with the Cheetah Cub you edged out on your YFZ450. :lol: Thats a 70mph Banshee all day,he just couldnt get out quick enough to make up all the ground you had gained on him.At the top of the hill he was flyin,just ran out of real estate.He was cool too,came over and talked for a while.That Shee was sick lookin too. :flipoff:

Edited by Sand_YFZ

Yeah I like the new setup. I was doing 59 on it. I think thats about where I should be.... Bolt ons rock...but watch out for Jessies new raptor, its pretty fast for a bolt on!

what gearing did you run on that raptor and what bolt-ons. that thing was real fast. what hp is it running and last question is it dyno tuned or where did you get the map?

53 is fast for bolt ons.....no internal work?

Capt

Edited by CaptNkllm

53 is fast for bolt ons?

Capt

Hey CaptNkllm,

Remember me? pulled you out at the night drags and I have the KFX. Talked to you at the hill this weekend.

Just for the record, mine is all bolt on...bolt on NOS bottle, bolt on motor, bolt on heads, etc... :D:D:D

nice meeting you again and we'll see you out there.

what gearing did you run on that raptor and what bolt-ons. that thing was real fast. what hp is it running and last question is it dyno tuned or where did you get the map?

53 is fast for bolt ons.....no internal work?

Capt

Zero internal work. We barely got the pipe/intake/tune before the weekend. Stock gearing with 22" haulers. He is good friends with a guy at dyno jet here in Vegas. i think it put down like 48hp 43tq. Here is his graph.....

man.jpg

Zero internal work. We barely got the pipe/intake/tune before the weekend. Stock gearing with 22" haulers. He is good friends with a guy at dyno jet here in Vegas. i think it put down like 48hp 43tq. Here is his graph.....

man.jpg

thats pretty fast for bolt on's ... my wife has the bolt on's also and she is no where near 53 on the hill.

i was told to see dustin or dusty? he is supposed to be real good. kirk or kurt did my last tune before my cam install. nice fuel curve

maybe i need to see dustin(dusty?)

trying to get mine dropped off tomorrow so i can get it there and give them time to play with it..we will see what it does.

thanks Danny

Capt

The true highlight though was the shock of the guy with the Cheetah Cub you edged out on your YFZ450. :dunno: Thats a 70mph Banshee all day,he just couldnt get out quick enough to make up all the ground you had gained on him.At the top of the hill he was flyin,just ran out of real estate.He was cool too,came over and talked for a while.That Shee was sick lookin too. :shake:

I wish I could have been out there sooner to see these YFZs run....but I did get the story from the Banshee guy. He said you guys were FAST! He was trying to blow the motor up Sat. night and Sun so he could build a 10 mil. He kept talking about the black YFZ that looked stock with a swingarm. He was a nice guy, I raced him a couple times with my 686 but he got me by 2-4 bikes depending on his launch...because he had to make up so much ground...that thing came on strong at the top. No one got hurt, everyones bikes ran in our group, weather was good...it was a great kick off. :shake:

I wish I could have been out there sooner to see these YFZs run....but I did get the story from the Banshee guy. He said you guys were FAST! He was trying to blow the motor up Sat. night and Sun so he could build a 10 mil. He kept talking about the black YFZ that looked stock with a swingarm. He was a nice guy, I raced him a couple times with my 686 but he got me by 2-4 bikes depending on his launch...because he had to make up so much ground...that thing came on strong at the top. No one got hurt, everyones bikes ran in our group, weather was good...it was a great kick off. :shake:

Yep thats him,it was really funny to watch at the top of the hill.That banshee pulled like a freight train :shake: Danny's YFZ ran awesome,just quick enough to beat him to the top.That was a good looking shee too.Did you and mineurbiz get to run each other?We had a really quick LTR with us out there too.Really good races between Danny and John H's(LTR) stockbores.Its too bad you werent there with us.Oh well maybe next time.

Edited by Sand_YFZ

Sorry to read about your sprocket... that sucks but sounds like you guys had a great time any way. Mineurbiz and I didn't get to race. We missed each other by about an hour.....maybe next time. I was running the new U4.2 seemed OK but my piston is only 11.1 I think I will try something with lower octane next time ...Maybe MR9 or ? ...

We had 3 tires blow-out on two different trailers 1 going and 2 coming home...that sucked! *ucking Carlisle Tires! :bump:

I wish I could have been out there sooner to see these YFZs run....but I did get the story from the Banshee guy. He said you guys were FAST! He was trying to blow the motor up Sat. night and Sun so he could build a 10 mil. He kept talking about the black YFZ that looked stock with a swingarm. He was a nice guy, I raced him a couple times with my 686 but he got me by 2-4 bikes depending on his launch...because he had to make up so much ground...that thing came on strong at the top. No one got hurt, everyones bikes ran in our group, weather was good...it was a great kick off. :bump:

Yeah that was my black YFZ :D . That Shee was nasty fast and the dude was super cool. He told us he was starting in 4th :thumb: Luckily for me, he couldn't start in any other gear or he would be blowing the tires off. That would have been a nice sand blasting for sure. Anyways, I had some great races with everyone. cant wait for Halloween!!!! See you guys then.

Yeah that was my black YFZ :D . That Shee was nasty fast and the dude was super cool. He told us he was starting in 4th :thumb: Luckily for me, he couldn't start in any other gear or he would be blowing the tires off. That would have been a nice sand blasting for sure. Anyways, I had some great races with everyone. cant wait for Halloween!!!! See you guys then.

Ya, for me to say I was within 2-4 bikes is funny because if his gearing was right I would have been half-hilled. :bump: