9-25-07 day report mercedes commercial

rcjunky3

well i went out for the day for my step dad to get used to his new quad and i was riding my new quad and out of the blue here comes box vans, toyhaulers, diesel transport rigs and several vehicles then all of a sudden a helicopter appears. upon further inspection they are filming a commercial for the mercedes ml series suv. they had 1 all stickered up like a rally and the other was all silver. when we were leaving they were filming on the entrance road going back and forth and ill tell ya they werent doin no 25 i would guess they werent even doin 65 they were flat haulin azz.

step dad and his yfz450

post-58-1190775829_thumb.jpg

my 50th yfz450

post-58-1190775948_thumb.jpg

water crossing and mercedes in top left

post-58-1190776022_thumb.jpg

helicopter and mercedes

post-58-1190776151_thumb.jpg

post-58-1190776207_thumb.jpg

post-58-1190776311_thumb.jpg

Edited by rcjunky3

these are about the best of the pictures i was trying to take them as i was on my way out and they kept on flyin by me, both were flyin. i saw the stickered up 1 come out of the rig and when i went back to get pictures they had hidden it

cool pics. i was out at Dumont last year at the begining of the season and just about the same thing happened to me. bunch of rigs pulled in, cam setups and the works. silly me joked around to the crew i was with and said i am gonna take the rail and drive circles around the shoot. needless to say i didnt. come to find out later, it was one of my favorite big bootied babes, Jennifer Lopez was filming something out there. pissed me off that i didnt crash that party. :MBdance:

thanks again for the report. :beercheers:

it was nice and quiet all morning with us 2 being the only ones there so it was really good for him to get used to riding a quad. the sand was so nice and smooth except on the ridges where all the rain had made potholes. some places the sand was harder than other places. 1 other pickup and trailer showed up by noon. those rigs and crew didnt show up until later

cool pics. i was out at Dumont last year at the begining of the season and just about the same thing happened to me. bunch of rigs pulled in, cam setups and the works. silly me joked around to the crew i was with and said i am gonna take the rail and drive circles around the shoot. needless to say i didnt. come to find out later, it was one of my favorite big bootied babes, Jennifer Lopez was filming something out there. pissed me off that i didnt crash that party. :MBdance:

thanks again for the report. :beercheers:

We were out there that weekend too.I redirected about a hundred people who pulled into the little dunes trying to find the shoot. The tow truck that was carrying the car they were gonna use in the video got stuck in the dunes trying to find the location. While we were pulling him out he told us about the video shoot. It was a J Lo music video. I drove the family over there in our Sami, I was surprised how close they were letting us get. Of coarse we didnt have to get very close before we could tell it was J Lo :whoop:

Here is the reply I got from BLM on the commercial;

Mercedes was issued a filming permit for the OPEN Area, which does NOT

include the access road. Thanks for letting us know, we will deal with it.

Lynnette

i didnt start this to cause any problems i started this just to share my day and something cool at dumont, maybe next time i should just keep it to myself

you did share it with us, and we all appreciate it. thanks...

if anyone is gonna catch flak, it will be MBZ for not following directions. Us duners arent gonna get in trouble.

you afraid youre gonna get charged double when you go buy a new benzo? :stick_smack:

i didnt start this to cause any problems i started this just to share my day and something cool at dumont, maybe next time i should just keep it to myself

Rich, I just want you to know why BLM was advised, first if any filming by a fimmaker,commercial co. etc. is going to be conducted at Dumont they have a fee to pay just like we do but larger, way larger. They have restrictions just like we do on things thy can and can't do.Secondly, the road is not in the best of shape and the layer of asphalt that was put down is very thin in some places so a car throwing itself sideways and throwing debris all over is not helping on top of this wasn't something they were supposed to be doing. We(you & me) paid for that asphalt covering not them. I want BLM to supervise these companies during there permit times to make sure that they are leaving the dunes better than when they arrived just as we all should.

So to put it bluntly you did the right thing and it is appreciated. We need to keep our eyes open to what is going on when we are not there.

Thank you for your post!

Terry

It was a J Lo music video. I drove the family over there in our Sami, I was surprised how close they were letting us get. Of coarse we didnt have to get very close before we could tell it was J Lo :banghead:

J Lo and her big biatch a$$ drove right thru the middle of our camp. :whoop:

hey Don, i will help you out here. next time she does that just point her in the direction of my camp. :banghead::laughoff::laughoff::whoop:

She really wanted me. I could tell by the way she completely ignored me. I would have just broken her heart anyway because I'm already married. :driver: