Transporting Dogs

Rockinfigs

i know alot of you guys take your dogs right in your truck/TV but anyone transport their dogs in their crates inside the TH? i just got a new dog and now we have 3. I used to put the crates in the back of my truck bed but with 3 crates it takes up alot of room.

Edited by Rockinfigs

Umm, can you say... child protective services?!?! It's not a motor home people!! :mc_smiley:

dunie, your A LIL INCORRECT ON THAT ONE, BUT THEN AGAIN YOU MIGHT BE CORRECT. CHECK THIS OUT

in california ( unless the laws have recently changed) you are aloud to have human occupancy in a fifth wheel rv provided you have radio communication with the driver.

where the question comes in is dogs arn't human they cant work a radio . but it would seem safe to assume that a dog would be ok. you could try possibly a baby moniter.

but i dont think thats an issue either .livestock laws allow animals to be trailered. might we assume that a doggy is livestock??( << seems like an inhumane word for a family member)

i dont see anything inhumane about it. am i missing somthing ????

anywase nevadas rv rules could be different so you still might be right my dear :idiot:

Edited by barefoot bob

Umm, can you say... child protective services?!?! It's not a motor home people!! :thumb:

that is what I think too, but apparently (ha ha, the word parent in apparently) in the state of CA, in a fifth wheel, WITH COMMUNICATION BETWEEN TOW VEHICLE AND TRAILER, like radios, it is legal

:idiot:

:mc_smiley:

i'd never think of doing something like that...someone posted over on GD.com that during transit, the rear bunk fell to the ground and KILLED their dog.

:(

i would never subject these two clowns to that

post-457-1191248424_thumb.jpg

post-457-1191248454_thumb.jpg

Edited by richard cheese

that is what I think too, but apparently (ha ha, the word parent in apparently) in the state of CA, in a fifth wheel, WITH COMMUNICATION BETWEEN TOW VEHICLE AND TRAILER, like radios, it is legal

:thumb:

:mc_smiley:

i'd never think of doing something like that...someone posted over on GD.com that during transit, the rear bunk fell to the ground and KILLED their dog.

:(

what if you put them in a dog carrier a falling bunk they would have roll bar protection were only talking a short trip i would assume. :idiot:

cmon guys were splitting hairs common sense would dictate if your dogs in a toy hauler where there is fumes then venting isnt hard if theres a falling hazard a dog carrier is a safe bet. 1 step further put the dog carrier in the front bunk on the forward bed shut the badroom door open a couple of windows.

there is probably a higher danger of a dog being killed in the back of a pick up than inside a fifth wheel

common sense applied it is a safe way to transport imo :mc_smiley:

dunie, your A LIL INCORRECT ON THAT ONE, BUT THEN AGAIN YOU MIGHT BE CORRECT. CHECK THIS OUT

in california ( unless the laws have recently changed) you are aloud to have human occupancy in a fifth wheel rv provided you have radio communication with the driver.

where the question comes in is dogs arn't human they cant work a radio . but it would seem safe to assume that a dog would be ok. you could try possibly a baby moniter.

but i dont think thats an issue either .livestock laws allow animals to be trailered. might we assume that a doggy is livestock??( << seems like an inhumane word for a family member)

i dont see anything inhumane about it. am i missing somthing ????

anywase nevadas rv rules could be different so you still might be right my dear :mc_smiley:

That's a great law!! So your kids can call you on the radio to tell you they have a broken neck.

Bob- just because its legal doesn't make it a good idea.

That's a great law!! So your kids can call you on the radio to tell you they have a broken neck.

Bob- just because its legal doesn't make it a good idea.

no it doesnt your correct. kids can get into trouble fast and i wouldnt put my kids in a fifthwheel even though its legal.

however i think a dog in a carrier is much safer in a fifth wheel than inside the cab of your truck or the bed of your truck. in an acident your dog becomes a projectile its a danger to himself and the occupants inside.

a carrier makes your dog a bigger heavier projectile. ( unless seat belted) back of the truck a large bump or an accident could throw the dog or carrier out of the truck. and a fifthwheel bobling around in the same bed as your dog ?? not safe at all.

my vote in the fifthwheel much safer. :mc_smiley: