1st trip to Dumont

DUNEATIC

Hey all you dunefreaks !!! Comming down there from Sacto for the Halloween festivities!!! Can anyone give me some info about the camping area???? Like how soft is the sand???? I will be puling a 25ft toybox with a Dodge 2500 Diesel & will be comming in about 1:00 or 2:00 friday morning!!! My wife & I along with our 4month old baby girl will be comming down there due to it being too damn cold at Sandmountain,NV & we want to try somewhere warm for our babys 1st dunetrip!!!! Anyinfo would be greatly appreciated!!! Also hows the price for super unleaded at the Valero gas station???? Need the expensive stuff for the pinto engine in the sandrail!!! Thanks for your help!! Hope we have a great time partying with all of you dunefreaks down there!!! "DUNEATIC"

The camping area is large and flat. Once you get past the little creek and up onto the what we call the flats, then it is pick a spot that is open. There are some soft areas that you need to be careful off, but for the most part it's not that bad. Remember, the closer you get to the dunes, the softer it gets. A small bit of advice though, try not to stop until you've found your spot to camp, and when you make turns, make them wide. Ultimately, no matter how much advice you get from the good peeps of DDR, you never truely know until you get there. But believe me, it will be a good time!!!! Your truck should do just fine.

:beercheers:

Thanks Bro for the info!!! Cant wait to play in some new dunes!!! Ill be in a berrin longback old school rail that is bright snap-on red with a blue ford pinto engine hangn out back!!!! It has Snap-on stickers behind the seats on the frame!!! Look me up & Ill buy you a beer!!!!!!

Edited by DUNEATIC

Hey about the gas prices in baker :dunno: Just take what you normally pay and add a couple dollars. We try and bring most of what we need with us from Vegas and only use Baker in an emergncy or to just get enough to make it somewhere else.

Old skool rails rock :beercheers:

Thanks!!!!! I really appreciate all the info!!!! See you at the dunes HALLOWEEN!! Ill be in a 2001 Dodge 2500 quad cab 4x4 white with grey & polished rims towing a 25ft wildwood toy box!!! As I said old school red rail & the wife has a Z400 with polished sandtires all around!!!

My stock chevy s-10 with highway tires and a flatbed with 2 quads and gear can make it no problem. I parked over by bathroom three this weekend and I didn't spin my tires once. Check out the camping area grid map, there is a link on the DDR homepage to it. Welcome to the site and have fun out there.

Hey all you dunefreaks !!! Comming down there from Sacto for the Halloween festivities!!! Can anyone give me some info about the camping area???? Like how soft is the sand???? I will be puling a 25ft toybox with a Dodge 2500 Diesel & will be comming in about 1:00 or 2:00 friday morning!!! My wife & I along with our 4month old baby girl will be comming down there due to it being too damn cold at Sandmountain,NV & we want to try somewhere warm for our babys 1st dunetrip!!!! Anyinfo would be greatly appreciated!!! Also hows the price for super unleaded at the Valero gas station???? Need the expensive stuff for the pinto engine in the sandrail!!! Thanks for your help!! Hope we have a great time partying with all of you dunefreaks down there!!! "DUNEATIC"

my kids first camp trip was at dumont make sure you bring infant tylenol or what ever just in case the dust/dunes gets to her . bako and baker seem to be to far away in those cases.

If you see the lit up CITGO gas station sign ontop of my TH, stop in an say hi.

we should have it lit up that weekend

Andy

so you say you sell gas at dumont :MBdance: