CA OHV Sticker?

wtfover

They used to sell them out there at the ranger station, but I'm not sure if they still do. I can contact the BLM and find out for ya.

They haven't been cracking down on those that much from what I have seen over the past season or two.

Really? I'm in "Hendo". Is this the place your talking about?

Pro Tackle & Marine - (702) 382-7400 - 141 Industrial Park Rd Ste 306, Henderson, NV

No it's on Lake Mead just south of Van Wagenen.

If you bought a brand new machine from a dealer they should supply you with a NV. sticker which I believe relieves you of having to have a CA. sticker

Edited by ynot

No it's on Lake Mead just south of Van Wagenen.

If you bought a brand new machine from a dealer they should supply you with a NV. sticker which I believe relieves you of having to have a CA. sticker

Unfortunately, none of our"Neighboring" states honor the Nv sticker :laughing:

If your vehicle is registered in the state of Nevada that should work.

But offroad vehicles don't get registered in NV so that is why we need the out of state OHV permit sticker.

I have never heard of this NV sticker either. :laughing: ...only the out of state permit sticker which is honored in CA & UT as well. :D

Hello guys I wanted to let you know also that I have lived in Sacto Cali most of my life & lived in NV for a short period just reciently & frequent Sandmountain NV for the past 36yrs & Im only 36yrs old!! Anyways yes you do have to have a nonresident cali offroad sticker to ride in cali if not its a very spendy ticket & a very aggitated owner of the machine!!! This has happened to a friend of our family!! fortunatly when I lived in NV I kept my cali reg due to NV not sporten offroad stickers which I found to be kind of silly!!! Good luck with this!! Hope this has helped you out!! See you at the dunes DUNEATIC :laughing:

Hello guys I wanted to let you know also that I have lived in Sacto Cali most of my life & lived in NV for a short period just reciently & frequent Sandmountain NV for the past 36yrs & Im only 36yrs old!! Anyways yes you do have to have a nonresident cali offroad sticker to ride in cali if not its a very spendy ticket & a very aggitated owner of the machine!!! This has happened to a friend of our family!! fortunatly when I lived in NV I kept my cali reg due to NV not sporten offroad stickers which I found to be kind of silly!!! Good luck with this!! Hope this has helped you out!! See you at the dunes DUNEATIC :laughing:

I think he already knew he needed one. He was just wondering where he could get one. ;)

The Nevada sticker is only to show that you have paid the sales tax. It isn't anygood for anything else. Something to do with people going elsewhere to buy the bikes and not paying sales tax.

We got our CA ohv stickers from Matt @ S & M Motorsports last year.

Edited by BALL-N-CHAIN

If your vehicle is registered in the state of Nevada that should work.

No it doesn't. This is a no title state for OHV's. You get one when you purchase new...or the owner happens to have it and passes it on. A simple bill of sale works here. I had the hardest time getting a vin checked on a 70 someone gave me. The DMV told me to call Metro, NHP and any other police force....so that left me with calling them, Boulder City and NLV. When I checked in Cali....it was nice. One phone call to the DMV was all it took.

The Ranger at Coral Pink made us buy a sticker for Utah. I had planned to challenge it if I was cited at Dumont, but it never happened.

I don't know why the Nevada sticker is a mystery. We already discussed it. :clap:

Whatever happened to the OHV bill that was going on here in Nevada? Anyone know anything? I thought that was supposed to create a sticker program like Cali.

It seems the OHV stickers are also gonna be a headache for a bit just like the passes are. :clap:

Here is what I got back from the BLM...

Our contractor used to sell but we, the Feds can not. Sand Crazed and Quad

Mania sold last year and may continue. Also our off site vendors at Baker

and Las Vegas are stocking them. I am working on trying to get a cash

vendor at the access station, who may sell green stickers. Hopefully I can

get it all to come together to better serve our customer.

I went down to the power boat shop (Pro Marine & Powersports) or something on Lake Mead & Van Wagonen in Henderson. Got an 08 sticker for $20. No VIN inspection, no title inspection, no questions. I wish I'd have known about that a long time ago!

Thanks for all the advice...Especially to the guy who mentioned that boat shop. See yall in the sand!

Unfortunately, none of our"Neighboring" states honor the Nv sticker :clap:

just like my state doesnt "honor" the auto weapons i want to buy in NV

:MBdance:

just to show you how "corporate short bus" our politicians are here in CA.......a NV resident can get a life-long non-resident sticker to ride ANYWERE in CA, but, the residents of CA, have to pay 50 bucks now, every two years???

WTF is that???

Edited by richard cheese

There have been places that sell the OHV stickers (including the Pro Shop) listed on our info page under the California OHV stickers section. Sorry I didn't mention this earlier. I thought you mostly wanted to know if they sold them out at Dumont.

http://www.dumontduneriders.com/dumont_info.html

just like my state doesnt "honor" the auto weapons i want to buy in NV

:clap:

just to show you how "corporate short bus" our politicians are here in CA.......a NV resident can get a life-long non-resident sticker to ride ANYWERE in CA, but, the residents of CA, have to pay 50 bucks now, every two years???

WTF is that???

I can get a life-long non-resident sticker for my toys? No need to buy one every year?

that is how i take the out of state 20 dollar pass..

even if not, then you are saving 10 bucks every 2 years over what the residents of the state of CA have to pay for our registration

:beer_bang:

cheese the non res cali pass is $20 A YEAR EVERY YEAR