Trip Report

HappyHour

Hey everybody................Well first, I'm a bad picture taker, I have none. :lol: Anyway, my group got there Thursday afternoon and it was flawless. :bawl: We did a ride before it got dark and boy was it heaven for me. Not being there since March. Thursday night was awesome, especially since someone kept giving me booze to drink. :peek: :flipoff: Friday was also an awesome day as far as the weather goes as well as the sand. We had three dune rides, and we ran into SandRiderGP at the South Pole which was cool meeting him..... :lol: Friday night was all good untill about 12am, then the wind started and didn't let up. Saturday morning it was real windy and my wife had just had it with the wind. She got absolutely NO sleep that night. :lol: Anyway, we split on Saturday around 1:30pm so I unfortunately missed the little DDR meet up at the S. Pole...........sorry everybody. The drive home was an interesting one to say the least. Driving through a wind storm and backout conditions coming south on the 15 freeway heading towards L.A. :ahh: :ahh: But made it home safely which is always a good thing. I would still consider it an awesome weekend!!!!

The road in is still a washboard which I don't mind. It served it's purpose.............NO dust cloud following me, and the river crossing was in great condition as well......... :bs:

Everyone have a safe trip out there next weekend!!!!!!!

:grin:

Glad to hear you had a fun and safe weekend, Mike. I bet it feels great to finally get a sand fix in since MARCH! :news:

I was in heaven in the virgin sand..................................... :dance: :beatdeadhorse: :dance: :fro_smokin: :dance:

I got there thurs around 4 pm. Meet up with a guy from work and his neighbor. It was his 1st trip with his new VW rail. They had gotten there around 7 am Thurs. I asked how his rail was running, said it had a bad miss in it. He had just gotten back from Pahrump with some new spark plugs. swapped out plugs, did't make any difference. so we checked each plug for spark. all good. pulled left valve cover off, found push rod out of rocker arm on front intake valve. don't know what caused it, so needless to say, he didn't drive it anymore. we sat around drinking beer the rest of the night.

it was great weather all day Friday , no wind and great riding.

Woke up sat morn to some wind. hung inside m/h and t/h's till around 11 or so. the wind stopped and another great day for riding and drinking beer. Even played some horse shoes. then around 6 pm the wind picked up bad. stuck in m/h till this morning. It's the worst wind i've been in.

Went out this morning to check things out. little drifts all around trucks,trailers, m/h and t/h's. Seen a piece of plastic laying in the sand, huh, were did this come from. looked all around, found out it was part of the cover for my a/c unit. dang, now I got to get a new one of them. stayed a little windy, took one ride, packed up and headed out around 11.

Seen an ambulance out there friday night, taking someone out, also seen rangers leaving sat afternoon with their lights on, anyone hear what might have happened?

Edited by vegas450r

Wow the wind was extremely bad.

We as in me and Capt and our two kids were on our way to the south pole when my son decides to jump a razor back (not on purpose) 15ft in the air the helmet snap popped open and the helmet flies off.Now I'm having a heart attack watching this I'm about 30ft behind :dunno::think: him I had saw what was coming but no time to stop him. Well he landed it with just a few scrapes and bruises and a little blood not much tho. :clap: So long story short he's ok and we didn't make another meeting :beercheers: :no_no:

Other then that we had a great time. :D

I think I would rather no wind then the wind we had it was bad. Now we have to really work hard to get the sand out that blew in :news:

Talk about a crazy trip! It was nice meeting you out there HAPPYHOUR, nice rail. The wind was absolutely nuts. Got pretty bad Saturday about as bad as i have ever seen out there, it was an omen for what was yet to come. The winds last night had to be at least 40 to 50 miles per hour. Folks in our camp lost tents, lost canopies off of their motor homes, had one of those big camp marker flags snap in half. Absoultely INSANE. Woke up this morning had drifts all over camp. had an EZ-UP wedged in betweeen a couple of our bikes, and was not from our camp. We were at least 1000 yards from anyone out there so god knows where that thing came from. Me and my kids went on a trash run this morning, I hauled 8 bags of trash that we found out there thats was scattered abou the flats. But Hey its Dumont i would do it all again in a second.

Anyways just thought i would get a little feedback on the trip.

C-ya

Talk about a crazy trip! It was nice meeting you out there HAPPYHOUR, nice rail. The wind was absolutely nuts. Got pretty bad Saturday about as bad as i have ever seen out there, it was an omen for what was yet to come. The winds last night had to be at least 40 to 50 miles per hour. Folks in our camp lost tents, lost canopies off of their motor homes, had one of those big camp marker flags snap in half. Absoultely INSANE. Woke up this morning had drifts all over camp. had an EZ-UP wedged in betweeen a couple of our bikes, and was not from our camp. We were at least 1000 yards from anyone out there so god knows where that thing came from. Me and my kids went on a trash run this morning, I hauled 8 bags of trash that we found out there thats was scattered abou the flats. But Hey its Dumont i would do it all again in a second.

C-ya

:no_no: yep! Thats what I'm talkin about. :think::dunno::beercheers:

C-ya

sounds like good times out there, except for the wind. WOW, 8 bags on an off weekend. Can only imagine how bad it will be out there after next weekend. I see a trash pickup happening sunday morning!