Smoothies and Haulers

BLUE STEEL

I was thinking :bs: about getting some Skat Trac smoothies for the front and some Haulers for the back. I do not have long travel. Is there anyone out there running these without long travel? Also if you are if you could attach some pics. I was thinking about 25 / 10 / 12 for the size in the front and the back. I was also thinking I may need some wheel spacers. Let me know what ya think..... :laughoff:

Go with the Douglas rattle snake wheel with 3" off set, they seem to be the lightest. I used the stock rears on the front so if I need to use 4wd I can but you will be able to climb straight up most dunes with the paddles. :bs: In 2wd. I only use 4wd drive when I mess up on razors, Let me know what you decide and if you need more info PM me. :laughoff:

• 2 weeks later...

25/12/10 7 paddle extreme with smoothies up front, the only way to go, i bought mine at sunrise ford in fontana. run 2wd everywhere.

I have yet to see anyone at Dumont run there side x side's this way. At first I was not convinced, but after talking to a lot of people from a rhino forum, this is the way to go. A great weight savings. :stick_smack:

I have yet to see anyone at Dumont run there side x side's this way. At first I was not convinced, but after talking to a lot of people from a rhino forum, this is the way to go. A great weight savings. :beercheers:

I saw one on Tday running this setup. It ran really well and that's the setup that I'm gonna go with. Figure since I was able to run in 2wheel drive almost everywhere with Big Horns they should work great for me.

I saw one on Tday running this setup. It ran really well and that's the setup that I'm gonna go with. Figure since I was able to run in 2wheel drive almost everywhere with Big Horns they should work great for me.

Well put........ :beercheers::ban-split::MBdance:

I went with the Haulers in the rear on 12" DW rattle snake wheels with 3"offset front and rear with the stock rears mounted on the front for the width and flotation and I can start at the bottom of the bowl and drive straight out in 2wd. This is the way to go and you will save about 35lbs a wheel tire combo. The nice thing about the stocks on front you can use 4wd if ever needed.

I checked those out. The only thing that I didn't like is that it looks like they are mounted on 10" rims instead of 12". Douglas makes a 12" in a red lable.

10" gives you the best float and footprint. the 25/12/10 actually works better than the 25/10/12. that comes straight from larry at skat trak.

Here is a pic. Most of the people that are running these will not go back to anything else. They are also very light. :banghead:

why would you put smoothies on anything but a drag quad, from experience i know those arent cutting in the sand when turning so your loosing turning ability big time, besides being lite im not sure what the advantage is..

why would you put smoothies on anything but a drag quad, from experience i know those arent cutting in the sand when turning so your loosing turning ability big time, besides being lite im not sure what the advantage is..

Smoothies turn just fine. I have them on my rail and my rail doesn't even have a diff- it's a live axle. It turns great with them. The advantage would be less sand in your face, but with a Rhino that wouldn't be an issue. :banghead:

• 2 weeks later...

25/12/10 7 paddle extreme with smoothies up front, the only way to go, i bought mine at sunrise ford in fontana. run 2wd everywhere.

If we are ever out at the dunes at the same time, please I wanna try them! You can use my ITP setup.

I have seen them out at Glamis, but I have yet to see anyone tackle the big dunes in them and keep up.

I just can't see where the front smoothies can give you much hill climbing ability.

I ve ran up olds in 2WD and while the speedo was reading 35 or so, in 4WD lock, I ran up a lot faster and the speedo was reading about 28 or so.