FORD recall

SandBox_Kid

This is how "Found on road dead" works

:laughoff::laughoff::laughoff:

In the event of an engine stall, Jarvis said drivers traveling at speeds greater than 30 miles per hour would have full power steering and power braking, allowing them to pull over to the side of the road.

At speeds below 30 mph, the motorists would still have braking and steering functions, he said.

This is how "Found on road dead" works

:laughoff::laughoff::laughoff:

In the event of an engine stall, Jarvis said drivers traveling at speeds greater than 30 miles per hour would have full power steering and power braking, allowing them to pull over to the side of the road.

At speeds below 30 mph, the motorists would still have braking and steering functions, he said.

WRONG! In a Ford powerstroke if the engine stalls, you have NO power steering and NO power brakes. The motor is not turning therfore no power steering pump which runs both the steering assist and hydroassist for braking.

WRONG! In a Ford powerstroke if the engine stalls, you have NO power steering and NO power brakes. The motor is not turning therfore no power steering pump which runs both the steering assist and hydroassist for braking.

No $hit! read the article again.... That's statement is from Ford

the torque converter will spin the engine untill it disengauges, at what ever rpm they said in the artical !

Half correct. It will stay spinning as long as the torque converter stays locked. Unfortunately not all of them stay locked. There are some PCM calibrations that unlock the TC once you tap the brake. Crappy design especially for those that tow. Anyway, not trying to flame anyone but even sometimes Ford spokesmen don't know everything they are talking about. To those that want to argue, ask someone that has had a CPS failure how much braking and steering they had when it went out. I bet most like me will comment that it sucks when it happens. :stirthepot::laughoff:

:clap: Slow down, not bashing you just stating a fact bro. No matter who said it, its not entirely correct. See my above post. :stirthepot:

Huh? I didn't think you were bashing me... Just trying to be funny with the Ford instruction manual on how to find the side of the road LOL

When I was a kid I seemed to be plagued with vehicles that had a broken gas gage and of course ran out of gas all the time. I can tell you that anything pully driven is like flippen the off switch on a light.

79 Chevy 1500 4" Ranco 35" tires and my girlfried driving it out of gas = :lol: :shocked2: :shocked2:

:laughoff: