Need a new rail Help!

jackpunx

Hi all,

I have a nice little high jumper right now.. I have a 40` toy hauler with a 12` garage in it.

I got this car because it fit.. Been having a good time with it.. but I need a long travel

My options are.. Put A arm kit and some 3x3`s and add some power.. I was thinking like 4 to 1 pwr to weight.

I already have the 091 tranny and some good tires and rims along with a sand set up..

but now Ive spent a grip of cash on this car only because it fits in my toy hauler.

How are the mini busa rails? The ones that look interesting to me are between 30-40k.. seems like a lot of money for a motorcycle rail.. but .. Ive never been in one..

I have some kids and it would be great just to bite the bullet and get a 4 seater with a LS2.. but then I have to get a new trailer and the list goes on.

What im looking for is something SICK, proven and 12` long..

Any help would be appreciated

thanks

Mark

PS.. I was going to modify my trailer to get a bigger car in it.. Im very nervous about that.. So I think thats out

oh ow :beat: .... 12', long travel, 4 seater..... that will be very hard to find :(

the 4 seater i build are one of the shortest around (front engine, 130" wb and no overhang front and rear) and are just about 14' bumper to bumper

IIRC a Funco is just a little bit longer then 14'

I absoluelty love my car. I have a Hayabusa Short Sand Car.

I replied to your pm with my idea of the pros and cons...

Here they are for everyone else to see as well.

Pros

long travel suspension soaks up the rough very well compared to a standard travel

lightweight (power to weight ratio is awesome)

small- fits in smaller toyhaulers where larger rails won't

less expensive than larger rails

VERY agile

inexpensive to maintain/ fix (compared to fullsize rails)

pretty reliable because of its simplicity

uses much less fuel than fullsize cars- you can dune almost all day on a tank of fuel

IMO, more bang for the buck

Cons

no reverse unless you fork out a few grand extra when buying (I could care less about R in the dunes though)

a little rough at very low speeds over the rough but most cars are

If you are one of those guys that think bigger is better, a mini won't work for you.

Aren't the best for big air (jumping) due to teh short wheelbase

My car measures 12' from wing to nose. It gives even the high dollar full size cars a pretty damn good. Ask a few of the guys on this board that have duned with me. I don't have reverse or a turbo which seems to be quite the trend lately with most busa cars. Let me tell you what...you don't need either one. Adjusting to no reverse might take some time if you are used to having it, but I have hardly ever needed it at Dumont. I could have used it at Coral Pink a couple times (it's alot tighter quarters there esp in camp), but the car isn't that hard to manuever or push back if need be. Its light.

oh ow :beat: .... 12', long travel, 4 seater..... that will be very hard to find :(

the 4 seater i build are one of the shortest around (front engine, 130" wb and no overhang front and rear) and are just about 14' bumper to bumper

IIRC a Funco is just a little bit longer then 14'

I understand its not realistic for a 4 seat 12' car.. but a sick 2 seat should be reasonable.. :D

• 3 weeks later...

ACTUALLLLLY... now that i think about it.. YOSHI from sinister sand sports or whatever is designing a 12' 4 seater based on a busa motor :D

yerp,..i'm prototyping a 4 seater that is 12 foot long with 114" wheelbase. I've designed the frame to run a busa or an ecotec. Altho there is plenty of room for 4 full size adults, I am building this for the typical family with a couple kids. The stock busa will push a basic family around fine, more weight in the back simply needs some motor work and/or a turbo, or an ecotec. It has the same track width as my 2 seater, and will weigh about the same.

This is a ROUGH first mockup, the final will have quite a few changes...

post-423-1200449506_thumb.jpg

post-423-1200449525_thumb.jpg

post-423-1200449554_thumb.jpg

post-423-1200449600_thumb.jpg

post-423-1200449710_thumb.jpg

Edited by Yoshi

I like the little throw-up guy when talking about Funco.

As a funco owner, I have to say that the graphic is a pretty true account. Just about everyone who rides in my car gets sick. Seems that the quick turning, extreme acceleration, and the way in which the plants itself on the side of a dune get's people feeling that way - SICK.

As far as the length goes, yea... a full size car with 4 seats under 12 feet will be very tough to find. My Big 5 is about 14.6.

Good luck... I will say though, every time a see a post with the Sinister car in it, I start to slobber. Some people may not like it, but I think it looks SICK. I looks fast just sitting there.

Can't wait to see it done. tired of looking at the same pics. Come on already!!!!

Edited by Bigdaddy331

• 2 weeks later...

Savage does make a two seater and he stands by his work im on my 3rd car by savage and getting ready to start my 4th.His web is savagesandcars.biz

I should have updated this a while ago.. I like the savage car.. I drove my buddies and it also fit in my 5er.. I called them a couple times with out a return call.. so I moved on and found a smokin deal on a sand limo.

Savage does make a two seater and he stands by his work im on my 3rd car by savage and getting ready to start my 4th.His web is savagesandcars.biz

I have seen this car in person. It looks like a very well built car. Nice thick tubing and plenty of supports.