any of you guys see this?

Raptor661

• 3 months later...

These big jumps are awsome to watch and trigger is prolly gonna go further than 320 this year but at some point this is gonna have to stop. There is zero room for any kind of error in that distance and you are no going to walk away from it.

Im all about dirtbikes and seeing the crazy sh*t that they can do but someday soon this big jump stuff is gonna turn into a bloodbath infront of millions of viewers.

These big jumps are awsome to watch and trigger is prolly gonna go further than 320 this year but at some point this is gonna have to stop. There is zero room for any kind of error in that distance and you are no going to walk away from it.

Im all about dirtbikes and seeing the crazy sh*t that they can do but someday soon this big jump stuff is gonna turn into a bloodbath infront of millions of viewers.

Hate to tell you this but Maddo just did 350+ in a distance contest in Australia and hit 378 in practice.

EDIT- here's the link Clicky

Edited by beau

My point is this distance competition is going to end in a very very bad splat and its going to be televised probably live, its going to be nothing but massive amounts of ammo for all the greenies and anti fun b*tches out there.

Its russian rulette with a dirtbike.

My point is this distance competition is going to end in a very very bad splat and its going to be televised probably live, its going to be nothing but massive amounts of ammo for all the greenies and anti fun b*tches out there.

I agree.

Maddison was on Jason Ellis' show on sirius faction today and said his next goal is 400' and after that he's hoping for eventually 500' but that's just crazy.

Your Right, and that's why these young guys get the backup from Red Bull and others, its all about the money, and tv like all other media is based on capturing the consumer market. Like I've mentioned to some on the site, working for ESPN, we never would have shot this type of event 7-8 years ago. If you remember when CBS shot Evil at the fountain, their share holders went nuts and pulled that off the air so fast it never made the nightly news. The papers published it, but not until years later did they again show it. When we first started, NASCAR wrecks were shown up to a point where you could make out the car, but that's it. Now, we'll show the drivers, car, and sideline help getting nailed when a wreck happens, because if we dont, somebody else will. Just a few months ago we shot the cliff divers in Mexico, including the exetreme ones who hit the rocks....and last year although we'll likely not go back, but eventually we will, the extreme freestyle base jumpers in Colorado in Golden who take off from 2200ft and have less than 3 seconds for any correction or they eat it into the rocks...several did, and although the final edit didnt show them up close afterwards, some of the outtakes were right up to that point....but they will eventually I'll bet in the next 2-3 years. The general public see's so much of it these days, that it pushes the next guy to go even more extreme to get his 15 minutes of fame....sorry :beercheers: Great Jump - You got to give that to him.

Edited by Sandpirates2