Bowl Names

Kevlar

What is the name of the huge bowl in the attached image, at the placemark? It does have a name right?There is also a very good sized bowl almost directly south of that one thats really fun too.

Are there any other bowls or areas that have been named?

post-1279-1200723508_thumb.jpg

post-1279-1200723540_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kevlar

that other bowl...isnt it more to the northeast? in that first pic you have...the angle is facing south...the one behind banshee hill is more north east...isnt it???

:lol:

nah, the one I'm referring to is just west of the Super Bowl. I'm calling it the Pro Bowl, cuz only All Stars can play there :D

Can't believe there are not more place names at Dumont. Glamis has Olds and China Wall, St. Anthony has Choke Cherry, Dead Horse, and the Devils Dune.

Dumont has the South and North pole? :lol:

Ok, I've oriented the map so North is up and added some landmarks. Not sure if the fingers have a name or not so I came up with some.

The funnel is that tiny bowl just east of the super bowl, the one thats difficult to get out of if you find yourself at the bottom.

The Wall (need a better name) is that long tall wall just east of the pro bowl.

The Face is the tallest flatest part of the biggest dune.

Gimme some more ideas on the section behind banshee hill

post-1279-1200805784_thumb.jpg

Wait!!! I think it's called the 100 mph bowl....

Derrrrr LOL who cares?

Yeah, I guess your right. I'm gonna go play the 3 word game. Much more interesting.

Jeez

Edited by Kevlar

Yeah, I guess your right. I'm gonna go play the 3 word game. Much more interesting.

Jeez

seriously...I wish that lame azz thread would just die :flipoff::lol:

I have only ever heard of the names on this page, http://www.dumontduneriders.com/popular_spots.html

I'm not familiar with those other ones you posted. Never heard of em. :lol:

seriously...I wish that lame azz thread would just die :flipoff::lol:

I have only ever heard of the names on this page, http://www.dumontduneriders.com/popular_spots.html

I'm not familiar with those other ones you posted. Never heard of em. :lol:

Thats cuz I made em up! :D Thanks for the link and the true location of the Super Bowl, thats what I was looking for.

Edited by Kevlar

Thats cuz I made em up! :D Thanks for the link and the true location of the Super Bowl, thats what I was looking for.

There are also the same landmarks on the maps page as well. If you scroll to the interactive dumont map you can zoom in and look where the bowl and other landmarks are.

http://www.dumontduneriders.com/maps.html

Ok, I've oriented the map so North is up and added some landmarks. Not sure if the fingers have a name or not so I came up with some.

The funnel is that tiny bowl just east of the super bowl, the one thats difficult to get out of if you find yourself at the bottom.

The Wall (need a better name) is that long tall wall just east of the pro bowl.

The Face is the tallest flatest part of the biggest dune.

Gimme some more ideas on the section behind banshee hill

post-1279-1200805784_thumb.jpg

hahahahaha OMG :MBdance:

who has the time to label all of those?? :woo_hoo:

whatever...it dont even matter the names

if im gonna go to a bowl ill be like hey ill be over in that bowl over there and point to it :flipoff: