Dumping On Access Road

sandbar51

Don't be f#ckin stupid. It is not illegal to dump fresh water. If fresh water was hazardous you wouldn't be able to drink it. If fresh water was illegal to dump then rain water wouldn't fall from the sky. Did you know that the only 2 things that are allowed to fall on the highway from a vehicle is FRESH WATER and feathers?

Don is quoting this state law..

23114. (a)( )1 A vehicle may not be driven or moved on any highway unless the vehicle is so constructed, covered, or loaded as to prevent any of its contents or load other than clear water or feathers from live birds from dropping, sifting, leaking, blowing, spilling, or otherwise escaping from the vehicle.

Dumping in a STATE PARK is diffrent than dumping on the highway.. if your going to do it.. do it on the frickin freeway

Emptying a fresh water tank is NOT illegal anywhere. The water in the truck they use to wet down the road is not fresh water. As a matter of fact it is not even considered potable water because potable water can be consumed without getting people sick. So if you can't dump fresh water then how come the Rangers don't give the driver of the water truck a ticket. There are no rules anywhere that say you can't spill fresh water. There are rules against dumping holding tanks of gray or black water which is considered biohazardous material. Fresh water is just that and will always be just that. I repeat again, Fresh water can be spilled without penalty. Show me some rules to prove me wrong.

This has been debated for years as to wether you can dump grey tanks at Dumont or not. I have talked to rangers and looked at the web sites for BLM. It is illegal to dump a black tank but it is not illegal to distrubute grey water back onto the ground at Dumont. Fresh water is allowed to be dumped as Don would be right about the water trucks. As usual Nick has his opinion even if it is wrong. :yeah_whatever:

This has been debated for years as to wether you can dump grey tanks at Dumont or not. I have talked to rangers and looked at the web sites for BLM. It is illegal to dump a black tank but it is not illegal to distrubute grey water back onto the ground at Dumont. Fresh water is allowed to be dumped as Don would be right about the water trucks. As usual Nick has his opinion even if it is wrong. :laughoff:

Wow Terry, I had no idea that gray water was not illegal to dump out there. I always questioned it and really never thought to ask because I just don't do it. I may rethink it now instead of hauling the gray back with me, maybe not in the actual dunes, but on the access road.

I know me personally I would rather spill some gray water on my hands after dumping the tanks at home then black water,I mean when you are disconnecting the hose.

I always dump the black then the gray so it washes the black out of the sewer hose.

I have never understood why people dump their tanks just to save weight.Its not that much. :laughoff:

I have had to dump a little just so I could take another shower on a long weekend but thats it.

Don is quoting this state law..

23114. (a)( )1 A vehicle may not be driven or moved on any highway unless the vehicle is so constructed, covered, or loaded as to prevent any of its contents or load other than clear water or feathers from live birds from dropping, sifting, leaking, blowing, spilling, or otherwise escaping from the vehicle.

Dumping in a STATE PARK is diffrent than dumping on the highway.. if your going to do it.. do it on the frickin freeway

Soooooooooo I can now allow fresh water to drain as long as its draining from a live bird??????? :laughoff:

If you go to the BLM website for Dumont it says " Draining of sewage tanks, littering, or dumping of trash is prohibited." I do believe gray water is considered sewage. FRESH WATER is not sewage.

I have had that conversation with blm before. The law does not consider shower water to be sewage. What about outside showers and sink water for tent campers? They would have a hard time enforcing that one. As long as the grey water flows from the tank right away onto the ground and it does not have time to sit and grow bacteria it does not smell nor remotely appear like sewage. It has been one of those no ask no tell things at dumont. At Glamis it is anther story. I would estimate that this may change as useage at Dumont continues to grow.

I have had that conversation with blm before. The law does not consider shower water to be sewage. What about outside showers and sink water for tent campers? They would have a hard time enforcing that one. As long as the grey water flows from the tank right away onto the ground and it does not have time to sit and grow bacteria it does not smell nor remotely appear like sewage. It has been one of those no ask no tell things at dumont. At Glamis it is anther story. I would estimate that this may change as useage at Dumont continues to grow.

I agree that gray water is not sewage however I really dont want to be camping in some fat guys shower water from a day or two before.I bet you dont want to be camping in my fat shower water either.mmmmmmmm sweaty balls water, no thanx

I agree that gray water is not sewage however I really dont want to be camping in some fat guys shower water from a day or two before.I bet you dont want to be camping in my fat shower water either.mmmmmmmm sweaty balls water, no thanx

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::laughing::laughing: That's friggin funny!

Funny, but still a damn good point. Pack all your gray or black water out. Some gray water is nasty too. :smiley:

^^ :smiley: ^^

My wife makes me piss sitting down so the only time I don't get caught doing it standing up is when I.......Well you dont want to camp in my grey water either.

TAKE IT HOME!!!!

^^ :grin: ^^

My wife makes me piss sitting down so the only time I don't get caught doing it standing up is when I.......Well you dont want to camp in my grey water either.

TAKE IT HOME!!!!

:laughoff: :angry: :laughoff:

thats funny chit!!!and I think I want to start parking on the far side of camp from now on just to be on the safe side.I'm gonna stay way clear of your trailer just in case