HELP ME BUY A TRUCK

1BADYFZ

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have ridden in my friends lifted Chevy 2500 and it rides nowhere near as nice as my stock Ram. The factory sunroof in his truck also made a LOT of wind noise on the freeway. I'm sure either truck would serve you just fine though.

I'm just more partial to the Dodge because of the Cummins and the solid front axle. The transmission may not be an Allison, but there are plenty of companies out there that I can buy a built 48RE from if and when mine goes. So far most 48RE transmissions have been holding up well until people add tuners to their trucks. With my 05 I also got the 7/70 warranty they no longer offer. Right now my truck is bone stock so I don't void my warranty just in case I do need it.

I have always been a Chevy person but, In my opinion only, I think the the New chevy trucks are FUGLY as can be.

i agree :( IMHO the same is true for ford (i used to be a ford kinda guy); what the heck are the designers thinking :dunno: .....everything looks so bulky and ugly :ninja: .....

strangely all the big trucks (semis) get nicer and sleeker and all the little ones get boxier and fuglier :dope: ....whats up with that??? :blury:

i agree :( IMHO the same is true for ford (i used to be a ford kinda guy); what the heck are the designers thinking :dunno: .....everything looks so bulky and ugly :ninja: .....

strangely all the big trucks (semis) get nicer and sleeker and all the little ones get boxier and fuglier :dope: ....whats up with that??? :blury:

I agree but at the same time I just get used to it...

I dont like the ford interior and i cant afford the new 08's or 07's . I have had a work truck ford for the state and it's plain to me in the inside.

I like the dodge's inside alot but i have had a 15 hundred since 2002 and it's a great truck with no problems but the damm heater and A/c going out occcasionally which is a b*tch.

the Chevy inside and out just seem to be alot more nicer and i like the new design of the 05 and up, not the 08's,.

I am waiting for pics of the grey chevy and hope it' nice which im sure it is, I think price will make a big diffrence for me on this one, like you guy's said they ALl well get the job done...

AND SERIOUSLY THE PROBLEM'S YOU GUY'S HAVE BROUGHT UP WITH THE FORD HAVE SCARED ME AWAY FOR EVER.. :blury:

Edited by 1BADYFZ

I will have to pick the dodge truck for the engine under the hood it is a 7.8 cummins and the chevy has a 6.6 liter engine even they are both diesel trucks the dodge is still the best the trani in the dodge has the catterpiller wich is more bigger than the allision when you are going to tow a big toy hauler.

Where can I get a 7.8 "Cummings" ? They ain't got them at my dealer! :chug: :idiot:

THANK U !!!! I have a new Mega cab in my driveway, and it has a 6.7 in it ?? When i was shopping, there was -no- 7.8 liter option ???? :drunk: Can someone clue me in here ?? Someone needs a little more product knowledge . This post is exactly why i never posted pix of the new rig. Opinions are like buttholes .... everyones got one !!! We could post from here to south america and this arguement/ "discussion" still would be -unsolved- Rodney king said it best..... cant we all just get along ??? :chug: just my :dope: . ok someone else take it from here...... and im SURE someone will. Ready........ GO. :moonwalk:

more bigger .

:idiot:

a friend of mine showed up at the meet and greet the other night with a new to him 2006 ford dually crew. man,the room in the back seat was amazing....like almost 3 feet from the front end of the back seat to the back of the front seat...talk about being able to stretch out!!!!

Edited by richard cheese

:beat:

a friend of mine showed up at the meet and greet the other night with a new to him 2006 ford dually crew. man,the room in the back seat was amazing....like almost 3 feet from the front end of the back seat to the back of the front seat...talk about being able to stretch out!!!!

Sit in the back of a megacab once, and let me know what u think.. Only thing missing is stripper pole and beer tap ( which i can add for a small fee) :beat:

"I will have to pick the dodge truck for the engine under the hood it is a 7.8 cummins and the chevy has a 6.6 liter engine even they are both diesel trucks the dodge is still the best the trani in the dodge has the catterpiller wich is more bigger than the allision when you are going to tow a big toy hauler."

Are you kidding me???? :beat: WTF is this nonsense????? :beat: Hey Big E, we don't have those options availible in the United States Of America. Jesus H. Chri$t get with the program man!

"I will have to pick the dodge truck for the engine under the hood it is a 7.8 cummins and the chevy has a 6.6 liter engine even they are both diesel trucks the dodge is still the best the trani in the dodge has the catterpiller wich is more bigger than the allision when you are going to tow a big toy hauler."

Are you kidding me???? :beer_bang: WTF is this nonsense????? :laughing: Hey Big E, we don't have those options availible in the United States Of America. Jesus H. Chri$t get with the program man!

Dang........ tough crowd ! :argue: :blah:

I was merely stating a little more research may be in order on some peeps part , but that gets the point across too I guess ? :lol::flipoff:

:D

p.s ............... :laughing:

out.

Edited by MCGYVER