HELP ME BUY A TRUCK

1BADYFZ

BOTH ARE DESIELS, CHEVY IS A 05 AND THE DODGE IS A 06..

THEY BOTH HAVE 40,000 MILES..

BOTH HAVE 4 WHEEL DRIVE

DODGE IS 32K

CHEVY IS 30K

PICS OF THE CHEVY

chevy.jpg

chevy2.jpg

chevy1.jpg

dODGE ,06 MEGA CAB WITH A CUMMINGS

ram2-1.jpg

ram1-1.jpg

ram3.jpg

i AM GOING THIS WEEKENG TO BUY ONE, BUT IM FRICKEN CONFUSED, THEY ARE BOTH BAD a$$

THANKS

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it looks like the chevy has the double front shock hoop...about a 1gr upgrade....and a lift? it kinda looks like it, but i cannot tell for sure, as the pics of the front arent low enough to show the lower a-arm bracket

:watching:

i would personally go with the bowtie...but either one of them will get the job done

I have to say go with the Chevy Sam, but I am a Chevy kinda guy. I have also now see two guys with 06 Dodge trucks blow up torque converters and one stripped teeth off 2 gears in his trans. One tows a toyhauler and the other is just a daily driver, both deisels.

I sell dodges for a living and I would say buy the chevy :dance:

The megacabs are too long in my book (cab to bed ratio) personally I dont give a f*ck about how comfortable my rear passengers are especially when they have more legroom than me :lol: and they have the turning radius of a barge.

I was really impressed with justins(sandsaw) chevy diesel, I personally watched it pull out several 3/4 to 1 ton trucks with huge loaded toyhaulers a pismo with no issues wahtsoever.

Edited by britincali

it looks like the chevy has the double front shock hoop...about a 1gr upgrade....and a lift? it kinda looks like it, but i cannot tell for sure, as the pics of the front arent low enough to show the lower a-arm bracket

:dunno:

i would personally go with the bowtie...but either one of them will get the job done

I've always heard that if you get a decent single shock, I.E. a king, then there's no need for a double shock hoop :think:

I sell dodges for a living and I would say buy the chevy :dope:

The megacabs are too long in my book (cab to bed ratio) personally I dont give a f*ck about how comfortable my rear passengers are especially when they have more legroom than me :dance: and they have the turning radius of a barge.

I was really impresses with justins(sandsaw) chevy diesel, I pesonally watched it pull out several 3/4 to 1 ton trucks with huge loaded toyhaulers a pismo with no issues wahtsoever.

:lol: :chug: :lol::lol:

although, I say the same thing about VW :flipoff: :wedgie:

I say a FORD but idf you must I would get the Chevy. I agree with the others that the rear passengers dont matter to me as far as room and it would make it alot easier to pull a fifth wheel with the chevy. But you should go look at some POWERSTROKES first. A lot stronger engine all around. :dance: :lol:

I've always heard that if you get a decent single shock, I.E. a king, then there's no need for a double shock hoop :dunno:

:think: :chug: :dance: :dope:

although, I say the same thing about VW :flipoff: :wedgie:

true true...for what we use our tow rigs for, we dont need double shocks up front....its all BLING

btw...a friend of mine has dual king 2.5's? up front on his chevy dura/ally dually, and he said the ride sucks

:lol:

I say a FORD but idf you must I would get the Chevy. I agree with the others that the rear passengers dont matter to me as far as room and it would make it alot easier to pull a fifth wheel with the chevy. But you should go look at some POWERSTROKES first. A lot stronger engine all around. :dance: :lol:

:chug: the 7.3 was a very good motor after that nope nada zip. the dodge has a beter motor that will outlast that dmax. chevy has a better tranny. dodge has more room. and the ifs on the chevy eats tires.

so both have plus and minuses figuratively and i would pick the dodge in heartbeat.

you say that cab room cont mean nothing ?? ha!! obviously you dont have kids you cramp them up in somthing small and take a long trip . trust me youll be praying for more room.

when you lift the mega cab the dispoportional look goes away. the dodge is a year newer warrnaty will go longer.

dodge dodge dodge !!!!

I have been a Ford guy all my life but when it came to getting a diesel I went Chevy for the Allison tranny. I drive a Dodge 4 door at work and it is a good truck. I HATE the inside of the truck though. The cheesy design of the material and its too plastic looking. It does better than our fords in the mountains when it comes to 4x4 too. the Fords take too long to spool up on boost and the Dodges are right there when you need it.(maybe because of the inline 6?)

Both trucks are nice but you need to consider the equipped options of both trucks as well. Which one suits your needs better? Do your homework so you have no regrets on the choice you make. Go online and find Dodge forums and Chevy forums, there is a ton of info out there from guys who live this stuff.

Either truck would look good in your driveway.

MAn guy's this is hard one, like you guy's said they both have there advantages . I do have kids and that room would be nice. I will deff. get a lift later on with the dodge and i know they look sick with it. I dont know if the lift is from the dealership or if it was on the Chevy when they traded it in and i have had alot of problems with lifts and the drive especially not knowing if they did it right.

I think the dodge will end up a few thousand dollars more due to tax and license so it should be like 2k more making it about 34-35k out the door to where the Chevy may end up at 32k or 33k out the door.

I will call the chevy dealer and see what is up with this truck and let you guy's know.

thanks for all the replies and the FORD is out of the question..

:chug: First choice would be Ford :lol:

But if I had to pull a second it would be Chevy for sure. I like the (Dodge) Cummings motor's, drove one for many years over the road in another life, but the Duramax does have the best fuel economy, the Chevy rides better, and as mentioned in previous posts, the turning radius is better than Dodge and my F350. An issue I had with Dodge is overall ride, long distance in my friends new 2007 Ram 3500 4x4 was how hard it pounds you on the highway. I"m still a MOPAR freak with the old vintage cars, but even though the Chevy costs more, I'd go with the Chevy for long term..........If I could not have a Ford :dunno:

The other plus, maybe........ :flipoff: Is that if the Chevy has an issue, Pete (DuneFreak) is just a PM away :wedgie: :dance: :think:

Edited by Sandpirates2

:chug: First choice would be Ford :lol:

But if I had to pull a second it would be Chevy for sure. I like the (Dodge) Cummings motor's, drove one for many years over the road in another life, but the Duramax does have the best fuel economy, the Chevy rides better, and as mentioned in previous posts, the turning radius is better than Dodge and my F350. An issue I had with Dodge is overall ride, long distance in my friends new 2007 Ram 3500 4x4 was how hard it pounds you on the highway. I"m still a MOPAR freak with the old vintage cars, but even though the Chevy costs more, I'd go with the Chevy for long term..........If I could not have a Ford :dunno:

The other plus, maybe........ :flipoff: Is that if the Chevy has an issue, Pete (DuneFreak) is just a PM away :wedgie: :dance: :think:

i garuntee you my dodge rides smoother than alot of those dmaxs ive ridden in. and fuel econemy talkin to dmax owners is the same as mine. dont know where you get that info.

UPDATE..........

BLUE CHEVY SOLD BUT HE HAS ANOTHER ONE IN THAT IS DARK GREY AND IS THE LTZ PACKAGE, HAS MOR BELLS AND WHITSLES THEN THE LT MODEL(BLUE) AND THE GEY ONE IS FULLY LOADED.

IT HAS 58K MILES ON IT AND HAS THE TRIPLE SHOCK UP FRONT AND ONLY COST 28K FOR THIS TRUCK, PICS TO COME...

SHOULD I WORRY ABOUT THE MILES? DMAX W/ A ALLISON TRANSMISSION.

Edited by 1BADYFZ

The other plus, maybe........ :dope: Is that if the Chevy has an issue, Pete (DuneFreak) is just a PM away :lol: :dance: :nah:

:lol: I guess nobody reads what I out in my occupation in my profile. :chug: :flipoff: :wedgie:

Besides I can't answer all your questions anyways. We aren't bumper to bumper techs. We are specialized....so there. :think:

i garuntee you my dodge rides smoother than alot of those dmaxs ive ridden in.

:dunno: doubt it! :fro_smokin: :lol: