CD/ DVD/ TV/ radio replacement

dunefreak

Has anyone replaced their wall mounted CD/DVD/TV/ radio unit in their t/h yet? I have had nothing but problems ever since my hauler was new with this POS.

With mine...either it doesn't turn on, or the volume cannot be controlled at times, or the thing just wigs out on its own sometimes. I hate it and wanna replace it with a good quality unit that has all the functions this one has...ie: suuround, subwoofer hook ups, outside and inside speaker controls, etc.

Am I dreaming here or is it possible to find a good one? I'm not gonna mount a big azz receiver either. (although that would be cheaper :clap: )

I found a couple topics on rv.net that list a couple units but Im not sure about them. It seems I am not the only one who thinks they suck....

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseacti...id/20106716.cfm

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseacti...id/20371418.cfm

Any help is appreciated.

In mine I put a nice car deck with a 150 watt amp upgraded inside speakers and built mounts off

of the frame for wake board tower speakers outside it sounds great and was really cheap to do. If

you want to get all fancy my nefew put a complete surround system and subwoofer set up in my

buddys t/h it really kicks azz but more money. If you look around for you can set it up pretty cheap.

not any reg 12 car decks i know of that have all that functionality.....leave it up to a cheap POS chinese <removed: come on!!> concertone :clap:

it is 12v? or do you have to run the genny?

It's 12V.

In mine I put a nice car deck with a 150 watt amp upgraded inside speakers and built mounts off

of the frame for wake board tower speakers outside it sounds great and was really cheap to do. If

you want to get all fancy my nefew put a complete surround system and subwoofer set up in my

buddys t/h it really kicks azz but more money. If you look around for you can set it up pretty cheap.

I was looking for a replacement that isn't so custom.

I guess I got lucky with my hauler already setup with a car deck. My bro-in-law converted his old hauler over from something like that Jensen except cheaper.

How is your TV hooked into all of this?

Does that car deck play DVD's though?

My TV hooks into a video RCA jack on the wall which is wired to the POS DVD/CD/radio head unit. The head unit also has a tv tuner as well, but I don't even care about that. I have never watched local tv stations in my hauler. The sound for the DVD or whatever is played through the surrounded speakers that are mounted in the cieling and outside the hauler.

No....and I'm actually glad it doesn't. Seems like simple is better in this case. I just have a cheapo TV/DVD that I throw up on the shelf and watch when outside sucks.

THATS cool, and that is how mine is...but....................

i think it would be nice to have a TV, like an lcd, routed through the stereo in the coach. i think it would be cool to take the Wii and play it on an LCD over the coach stereo when we go up to hanford for the FoOD crab feed!!!

I had my concertone replaced when it stopped playing DVDs and the upgraded one the dealer put in(after a year of wrangling over it) worked for 10 minutes and now is only a radio. POS crap these people put in just pisses me off no end. I will never use Concertone and wouldn't weven buy a toy hauler that had it in it. If the builder buys that cheap crap and then asks me for 50k for there toy hauler, no freekin way. I already know I would be getting more crap than that from the builder. Cheap is as cheap does. grrrrrrrrrr.

I did someones with a car deck with aux inputs for the dvd/tv combo. If you want I will look up the drawing and specs and send them over. He actually sold the hauler yesterday, and the person that bought did a walk thru - he was impressed...

I did someones with a car deck with aux inputs for the dvd/tv combo. If you want I will look up the drawing and specs and send them over. He actually sold the hauler yesterday, and the person that bought did a walk thru - he was impressed...

Hmm, aux inputs on a regular deck for a DVD player sounds like a good idea. That way the surround speakers can can still be used for the sound. I wonder if I can get a deck that has surround though. :think:

great. Ya mind telling me what KIND of Alpine? Does it play DVD's, does it have surround, how many channels, etc??? :thumb::dunno:

OOOOOoo Im sorry lol..... who the HELLL needs dvd at the dunes :flipoff: yes it is surround, has amp and many channels like uhhhh .... mmmm ..... aux and Ipod mode and tuner and and :lol::lol:

lol my dvd is a japan hi-grade model with a super remote for changing and forwarding channels from Comp HILL!! now what ya gots to say...huh??? wellll

take that!! taj mahal my arse :blink:

Capt

Ps...luv ya man :isbb::think:

Hmm, aux inputs on a regular deck for a DVD player sounds like a good idea. That way the surround speakers can can still be used for the sound. I wonder if I can get a deck that has surround though. :laughing:

Surround out of a deck - Honestly I dont think you will find one with a surround processor in it - well maybe one of those dash decks with a dvd and a aux out instead of in.

No to be a pekker neck, but do you really think that the speakers in a hauler are worthy of true surround? Im not trying to start chit, but be realistic....

I know the sound will be great - much better then those thing a mi-jiggers that come from the factory....

Surround out of a deck - Honestly I dont think you will find one with a surround processor in it - well maybe one of those dash decks with a dvd and a aux out instead of in.

No to be a pekker neck, but do you really think that the speakers in a hauler are worthy of true surround? Im not trying to start chit, but be realistic....

I know the sound will be great - much better then those thing a mi-jiggers that come from the factory....

To be honest it does sound pretty cool. Although with the kids in the room right next to trying to watch cartoons we don't use ours much. However I have a good feeling Pete won't have that problem :D Except when I send my kids to his camp :laughing: :north_pole:

To be honest it does sound pretty cool. Although with the kids in the room right next to trying to watch cartoons we don't use ours much. However I have a good feeling Pete won't have that problem :D Except when I send my kids to his camp :laughing: :north_pole:

DUNEFREAK'S SAND CAMP!!!

ONE TIME....AT SAND CAMP..................

:DDRrocks:

ok you pecker neck :lol: , but yes it does matter. I am being realistic. The speakers I have are currently set up as a 5 channel surround (with a center channel). It makes a huge difference when watching a movie for sure. The speakers aren't that great that I have in there right now, but that doesn't matter. Surround is surround no matter what. The hauler came with surround sound, I am keeping it surround sound. :laughing: :north_pole: Fuggin pecker neck! :whoop:

To be honest it does sound pretty cool. Although with the kids in the room right next to trying to watch cartoons we don't use ours much. However I have a good feeling Pete won't have that problem :D Except when I send my kids to his camp :lol::beat:

:lol: I lock my doors. :DDRrocks: You sure you want that anyways? Remember Glamis Gone Wild on the projector New Years weekend?? :lol: