can am 450

dunefreak

I saw one today at the Pro Shop. I thought it was a pretty bitchen looking quad. I sat on it and it flet like it was suprisingly big for a 450. :think: My knees didn't hit the handlebars like on the other 450's. I think I'd still buy a Raptor 700 over it, but was curious what everyone thought of these.

What has everyone heard so far?

post-3-1203821478_thumb.jpg

post-3-1203821500_thumb.jpg

post-3-1203821561_thumb.jpg

badass MONSTER factory pegs :shake:

post-3-1203821527_thumb.jpg

i seen one at the worcs race today. didn't see it race at all but by appearance alone it was impressive.

also, in the new edition of dirt wheels magazine, they have a 450 all out shootout.. yamaha vs. honda vs. suzuki vs. kawasaki vs. can-am vs. ktm vs. polaris. it faired well against the competition.

It would be at the top of the list if I was buying a new quad. I got to put about 30 minutes on one....they had a few issues at first but they are working them out. BRP has been developing that bike for 6 years and they don't half a$$ anything.

i seen one at the worcs race today. didn't see it race at all but by appearance alone it was impressive.

also, in the new edition of dirt wheels magazine, they have a 450 all out shootout.. yamaha vs. honda vs. suzuki vs. kawasaki vs. can-am vs. ktm vs. polaris. it faired well against the competition.

:kissass:

:rant_on:

dirt HOMOZ :pissed: is EXTREMELY opinionated ,especially when it comes to who takes out the most advertising in their :assblast: mag....example..........while a subscriber for over 5 yrs, i not ONCE saw ANYTHING written that criticized Yamaha in ANY WAY on virtually all their products reviewed by them :blink:

.....but, they take a DS650, stock, and pit it against an ERASER.(european-built badazz 20K+ quad out of the box), which, anyone could tell ya, would hand ANY BIKE, much less the DS, its azz on a platter.

well, it happened, then the dirt HOMOZ crew just trashed the DS650, and Bombardier(the name of the company at the time) for how bad the bike performed against th ERASER :DDRrocks:

no raptor

no kfx 700

no honda 400 :boyyy:

EFFE DIRT HOMOZ :bs:

OK... i feel better now

oh yeah...the 450 :beat::lol::beerpint:

input from the riders are that the low end isnt all that great, but the mid and high ends are the shizz....most likely wont get the holeshot, but can carry itself through the rest of the race, if thats what you do.

not much reports i have read on the can am forums about duning it yet tho.. :unsure:

:kissass:

dirt HOMOZ :pissed: is EXTREMELY opinionated ,especially when it comes to who takes out the most advertising in their :assblast: mag....example..........while a subscriber for over 5 yrs, i not ONCE saw ANYTHING written that criticized Yamaha in ANY WAY on virtually all their products reviewed by them :blink:

.....but, they take a DS650, stock, and pit it against an ERASER.(european-built badazz 20K+ quad out of the box), which, anyone could tell ya, would hand ANY BIKE, much less the DS, its azz on a platter.

well, it happened, then the dirt HOMOZ crew just trashed the DS650, and Bombardier(the name of the company at the time) for how bad the bike performed against th ERASER :DDRrocks:

no raptor

no kfx 700

no honda 400 :boyyy:

EFFE DIRT HOMOZ :bs:

OK... i feel better now

oh yeah...the 450 :beat::lol::beerpint:

input from the riders are that the low end isnt all that great, but the mid and high ends are the shizz....most likely wont get the holeshot, but can carry itself through the rest of the race, if thats what you do.

not much reports i have read on the can am forums about duning it yet tho.. :unsure:

dirt wheels has the most advertisers of any of the quad magazines. all of the magazines are biased, and if you know that like i do, you disregard their rider reviews and draw conclusions based on the options and etc.

by faired well i meant that it is comparable in weight, power, and options. also, the yamaha didn't win their shootout this time, but the ktm did which imo is overpriced for what it has to offer. it's a great machine if you're going to keep it stock, but if you wanna race it you're gonna spend alot of money replacing items on the bike that you're spending extra money on purchasing this particular model itself. if you're purchasing a quad to build to be a racer, you're better off with a yamaha, honda, kawasaki, polaris, can-am. if you're on a budget and need something nearly race ready to start, get a suzuki.

can i ask a question that's been on my mind since i read your post, cheese? if you really dislike dirt wheels magazine, why were you a subscriber for five years? that means you renewed your subscription atleast twice, because they don't offer a five year subscription. not to knock you or anything, take it however you do though.

got to love the bumper reflectors they look right off a huffy bike

no chit huh? :broke: I thought the same thing when I saw those. Why in teh world would they put those on there? :beerpint:

:beat:

dirt HOMOZ :laughoff: is EXTREMELY opinionated ,especially when it comes to who takes out the most advertising in their :boyyy: mag....example..........while a subscriber for over 5 yrs, i not ONCE saw ANYTHING written that criticized Yamaha in ANY WAY on virtually all their products reviewed by them :shocked:

no raptor

no kfx 700

no honda 400 :pissed:

EFFE DIRT HOMOZ :barf:

OK... i feel better now

oh yeah...the 450 :unsure::booty::lol:

not much reports i have read on the can am forums about duning it yet tho.. :laughoff:

TAKE IT EASY, CALM DOWN MA FACKA!!!! :assblast::bs::laughing:

I SAW IT TOO when i was spending my :kissass: beer money on bike stickers . i like it :laughoff:

Yep, thats why I was there too. I'm finally legal! My last OHV sticker was dated back to 06! :flipoff::blink:

I drove one, wasnt impressed with the low end throttle response. When i came back from the test ride, those cheezy black hub caps just fell off, and wouldnt go back on. It costs a few ben's more than the other 450's too and for a first year model? I dont know.

Nah, I have been trying to get the owner of the shop to demo one and take it out, but he doesnt want to loose money on it. He has 30 of them and not one nibble on one. I dont think I could ride something with reflectors on it, maybe they should add a basket to the handle bars... I would like to see what it does, since they have been hyping it up (lightest and most powerfull bike). Have you ridden one Dan? If so what did you think compared to the ltr?????

I think the front section from under the plastics, to the bumper is UGLY. But the rest of the bike looks pretty nice, but I think it does take some hits on DW complained about the tranny being notchy and false neutrals. But who knows if that is true or not.

A buddy of mine raced a ktm 525 out at glamis and beat him by 5-6 bikes every time on his ltr. he was thinking about buying one, but once this happened he changed his mind. I have heard this from a few other people too, that its not that fast. but everyone thinks they look awesome and everything about them is nice, very detailed, great suspension....