im lost

dumontdude10

Im done repeating things that have already been posted :beercheers::laughing::laughoff::idea::clap::clap::clap:

Take it to a shop :clap:

this is the first time im taking my bike apart im only 15 i dont know that much yet thats why im trying to learn. So sorrrry for asking questions i just wanted to make sure im doin it right.

P.S. thanks for helpin

Edited by dumontdude10

Sorry man I din't mean to be a d*ck, your 15 and IMO its very cool your wrenching on your own stuff :beercheers:

Re-read everything in this thread and you'll be fine.

On most carbs you can swap main jets without removing the carb, as stated above use a 17mm to remove the drain plug on the bottom of the bowl (if it has one if not you have to remove the carb to get the bowl off) then get a 6mm socket and stick it inside, you wont be able to see the jet but you will be able to unthread it. Remember righty tighty lefty loosey :D

Edited by britincali

dumontdude

I hear you, the first time taking your carb apart and re-jetting is a little scary. I do remember the 1st time I did, I was scared to death I was going to screw something up, but once you did it and your quad runs better for doing it. you will be a PRO (well not as good as Dan, but who is :unsure: )

You'll get it, let us know how it goes!

Sorry man I din't mean to be a d*ck, your 15 and IMO its very cool your wrenching on your own stuff :lol:

Re-read everything in this thread and you'll be fine.

On most carbs you can swap main jets without removing the carb, as stated above use a 17mm to remove the drain plug on the bottom of the bowl (if it has one if not you have to remove the carb to get the bowl off) then get a 6mm socket and stick it inside, you wont be able to see the jet but you will be able to unthread it. Remember righty tighty lefty loosey :D

Its cool man

Check you pm's :laughoff:

I will

can we come over and go swimming while we watch you fix it :laughoff::laughoff:

that sounds cool if u wanna swim in a pool between 60 and 70 degrees it all urs

Ok so the reason i was putting a new jet in is because it was back firing so i got home from school today so i went out to do the carb and jet so i get it all off and i pull the jet out and the stupid jet i bought was the same size. So now i am really pissed off at the guy at mountian motorsports and i have to go back down there this weekend and buy a bigger jet.

Do u guys think 148(stock) is big enuff or should i go bigger if so what size. it only a Hmf slip on pipe????

Edited by dumontdude10

I see your air box lid is still on? Stock air cleaner too? Are you

taking them off too?

How many times do you want to go to the store to get a jet?

I drilled mine out when I was in the "out back" boon docks, or

get a set of jets. 3 or 4 in your range.

I see your air box lid is still on? Stock air cleaner too? Are you

taking them off too?

How many times do you want to go to the store to get a jet?

I drilled mine out when I was in the "out back" boon docks, or

get a set of jets. 3 or 4 in your range.

keeping lid on, maybe new filter, tring to get new jet dont know what size to get...

Put a 152 in it !

you said it was poping , when ? on decell / or reved out ?

if it's on decell then you need fuel on the idle screw [ bottom front ] turn out 1/2 turn and try it .

P.S. I will be drinking while you do this so take your time ! :laughing:

If thats the jet they sold you for your main jet its not the right one. It should look identical to your stock one other than the number (which is the size). It kind of sounds like the people your dealing with at your shop are idiots...That makes it a little harder for someone to learn!