Hotrails Sand Cars

EY3BA11

Randog after seeing your car you got me to lookin at these things... Very economically prices and your car can really haul the mail!!! :D

New_Car_02.jpg

I might be lookin into one of them :D the new XS model.. i like the rear shock design better..

Randog after seeing your car you got me to lookin at these things... Very economically prices and your car can really haul the mail!!! :D

New_Car_02.jpg

I might be lookin into one of them :D the new XS model.. i like the rear shock design better..

nice! how much are they?

2 Seat 122” Mid-Engine

TURN-KEY with 3500cc V-Tec Honda Chassis

1) Mild steel frame 1.5"x.095", 1"x.095" tubing, mig welded

2) Front suspension w/ 21" travel, tig welded heavy-duty 1 1/4" 4130 a-arms w/ 3/4" rod ends, heavy-duty rack & pinion Heavy-duty Combo spindles.

3) Rear suspension w/ 17" travel, tig-welded 4130 5 link hub carrier set-up for microstubs, 4130 link rods, Left & Right hand rod ends on link rods for ease of adjustability.

4) Fox 2.0 pro series air shock front, Fox 2.0 pro series coil over air rear.

5) Gear 1 Micro-stub bearing carrier/ 930 stub axle / 4 piston brake package.

6) Grade 8 fasteners used throughout.

7) Complete steer shaft assembly and universal joints.

8) Race Line steering wheel with custom polishedaluminum hub adaptor.

9) Douglas 15x4 Sand Star .190" front wheels w/ Xtreme 6.80 Apex tires.

10) Douglas 15x12 standard offset rear wheels w/ Xtreme 14.50 Eliminator paddles.

11) Gear 1 300M 930 axles/ Lobro 930 cv joints/ Gear 1 4130 cv cages/ polished ball races.

12) Limit straps front and rear w/ adjustable clevis.

13) Mastercraft Seats with built-in headrest, Crow 5 point seatbelts.

14) Polished aluminum wink mirror.

15) PBS Cable shifter and Cablecraft shift cables.

16) CNC Pedal assembly w/ hyd. slave cyl., separate angled throttle pedal w/ Morse cable.

17) CNC angled dual handle cutting brake.

18) Stainless steel brakelines w/ flared AN fittings throughout, #3 braided line at flex points w/ billet mounts.

19) Custom step rolled aluminum floor pans, side panels, wing trunk w/ finish carpet inside

20) Switch panel with switches for lights/ engine start/ignition, fuse panel, all wiring soldiered and heat-shrinked with no crimp-style connectors used. All wiring in protective loom. Autometer Ultra-lite gauges for oil pressure, coolant temperature.

21) LazerStar 85 watt headlights (2), Radlites LED Billet taillights.

22) 10 gallon alum. fuel tank with custom sump, Billet screw-on cap, and custom vent system.

23) Hi-Perf rotary-vane fuel injection pump, pre-pump and after-pump fuel filters, all stainless braided fuel lines w/ AN hose ends and fittings.

24) Total power 1200 gel cell racing battery (installed)

25) Fire extinguisher.

26) C & R Racing radiator w/ cross-flow design and 2 14" electric fans, custom hardpipe for coolant. Over-flow res.

27) Hi-Torque brand custom Honda starter

28) Mendeola MD4E Transaxle w/ 4:86 R&P, 290/200/156/126 gears. Custom stainless vent tube.

29) Kennedy billet engine adaptor plate, 200mm flywheel, 200mm 6 pad clutch disc, 200mm stage 2 pressure plate.

30) Powdercoated frame and suspension, axles, coolant tubes, all aluminum panels. Clear coat all.

31) Bedliner Armour finish on floor pans

Total 39,900

Here are a few of the options available:

1) Complete Chromoly Tig Welded Frame $2,000

2) Meneola 2D $1,600

3) Seat upgrade $300

4) Beadlocks with billet centers $400

5) Intellidash $300

6) Seat sliders $125

7) Custom paint $1500-3000

8) Headlights (2 additional) $200

9) Add chrome CALL

10) Chrome Suspension & Steering Shaft with Triple Plate Show Chrome $1,500

11) Intellidash $400

12) Honda Turbo Power $5,000

13) Intercooler installed $1,200

14) 12 Gallon Custom Fuel Tank $65

So after options you'd be right around 45K? How wide is the car where the seats are? I remember those cars were kinds narrow is what I should have said earlier. There was one at the extreme sand expo last year that had a big blower on it. It was really cool.

Hi Nick,

My car is about 1.5 years old. Dave at Hotrails has redesigned the shock mounts since I got mine. I don't know much about the XS. one differance is the 5link on mine and the XS is trail arm. mine has air coil overs and the XS has the duals with by-pass.

I like the Honda at 265hp stock and over 400hp with the turbo. the motor setup can be purchased thru Carl at V-tec performance in Oregon also.

These cars couldn't dune any better. one of the fastest up the hill, However I don't like to jump the car.

To sum this all up, I wouldn't want any other car for me. $1,000,000.00 or not.

c-ya

R-

Those are nice cars but when I looked at them they were kinda small. Do you have any spec on the cars?

Hey Don,

I'll throw a tape accross the car tonight when I get home tonight. I don't have a problem with space in it. I'm a smaller dude. But the belly is growing for some reason :thumb: .

One selling point for me was that the car fits in my toyhauler easily.

76" wide front

90" wide rear

13' overall length

I do strap the front just so I don't rub the trailer at all.

Nice thing about the 5link is you can strap it to narrow the width. although I only strap the front.

R-

Hey Don,

I'll throw a tape accross the car tonight when I get home tonight. I don't have a problem with space in it. I'm a smaller dude. But the belly is growing for some reason :thumb: .

One selling point for me was that the car fits in my toyhauler easily.

76" wide front

90" wide rear

13' overall length

I do strap the front just so I don't rub the trailer at all.

Nice thing about the 5link is you can strap it to narrow the width. although I only strap the front.

R-

I was looking at those cars at first but I'm a fat guy and if I remember right they were only like 48" wide but I might be wrong.

Me and the kid (fktryblack84) were just talking about Randog's ride. That is a serious contender on my list for the next rail, but I still have plenty-o-time to shop.

I was looking at those cars at first but I'm a fat guy and if I remember right they were only like 48" wide but I might be wrong.

I measured 49.5" between the two upper bars at the seats.

R-

randog your rail is SWEET i couldnt of asked for a better ride in a rail like that i mean it was really fun specialy doing the wheelie up and down comp really fun...if i had the money to buy a high dollar rail i would most definately buy one like this... awsome thanks once again for the ride

• 2 months later...

That's a horrible website. :laughoff: Cool looking cars if you can find the PICTURES link through all the blurry crap. :rockon::happydrunks:

Anybody got any Ideas where those pictures were takin on that site. The pix of the green car in the dunes? Looks like a pretty big hill. And trees to boot

• 10 months later...

Are these cars nice? What do you think?

They build a nice car, they admit that alot of their designs are taken from Alumicraft cars. I rode with them in Idaho last year, nice cars seem to handle well and the Honda's put plenty of power to the ground. One thing I learned was that you may not want to dune with the group cause if you have a break down they just leave you and don't come back looking for you, but hey other than that they have nice cars! :laughoff:

Are these cars nice? What do you think?

Don, I'm thinkin' both you and I have seen one before :blury: ...... :laughoff:

In what way do you mean 'nice'. :bawl:

A. Nicely built? --------------- Yes, Dave builds a really nice turnkey car. :dance:

B. Nice appearence? --------- Yes, however that's more a matter of oppinion. :D

C. Nice to quads on comp? --- Yes, so far. I've seen some close calls. :shake:

D. Nice to haul? ----------------Yes, smaller and lighter than most long travel cars. :laughoff:

E. Nice to passengers? ---------Yes, if they have a strong stomach. :laughoff::barf:

F. Nice to competition? ---------Not, These cars have a slight attitude :ahhhhh:

That That That That's what I think! <<<<<< Dice :dance:

Why you ask anyways? :thumb: Your setup with you car. :ahhhhh: