Rotors.....

SandBox_Kid

I just checked pricing on a set of rotors for my '95 chevy p/u. $420 each!!!! :laughoff: Even the guy at the dealer said they were pricey, but I don't feel that I have any other options....as the checker/vato zone rotors seem to warp realllllly easy. We're on our second set of the cheapies and they have gotten terrible again. Seems they don't even put enough "meat" on them to be turned. :rolleyes:

Anyone have a hookup on a set of good rotors? Ideas? Do I have to go to the dealer, and take a raping for good rotors? :coocoo:

I just checked pricing on a set of rotors for my '95 chevy p/u. $420 each!!!! :rolleyes: Even the guy at the dealer said they were pricey, but I don't feel that I have any other options....as the checker/vato zone rotors seem to warp realllllly easy. We're on our second set of the cheapies and they have gotten terrible again. Seems they don't even put enough "meat" on them to be turned. :coocoo:

Anyone have a hookup on a set of good rotors? Ideas? Do I have to go to the dealer, and take a raping for good rotors? :coocoo:

CALL PETE :laughoff:

I put a set of drilled and slotted on my F150, I got them from www.rotorpros.com IIRC they were $350 for 4.

They have been great for 25k + now with no warping or cracking so far.

Thanks for the info, but it doesn't look like they carry them for the Silverado 1500.

post-475-1206993358_thumb.jpg

I sent them a quote request to see if they even carry them.

My son said he sent him a PM a few days ago. Maybe he never sent it. :rolleyes:

Sorry Gerald. I get so many pm's about random crap that it slipped my mind. Why are ya having Jon pm me? You have my phone number. Just call. I don't mind. :laughoff:

Those rotors are going to more expensive than most other rotors (like the 4WD ones) because they aren't the "pull off" style rotors due to the bearing races.

Sorry Gerald. I get so many pm's about random crap that it slipped my mind. Why are ya having Jon pm me? You have my phone number. Just call. I don't mind. :laughing:

I have been extremely busy lately myself, and since Jon wasn't working last week (he is now) I thought he could take care of it for me.

Thanks for the quote I'll give you a call about the AC Delco's. :bawl:

Im curious to know the final price you find Gerald. I have to replace the rotors on the burb, and I know thats going to cost me. :laughing:

yours are the cheaper pull off style like pete was talking about

Lucky! post-3921-1178231190.gif

I have been extremely busy lately myself, and since Jon wasn't working last week (he is now) I thought he could take care of it for me.

Thanks for the quote I'll give you a call about the AC Delco's. :laughing:

not a problem :bawl:

I really didnt want to see that, im going to need rotors on my next brake job.

I guess it all depends on if you need the pull off style or not. If you have the same style as me there is an AC Delco alternative that is pretty much a mid-grade solution.

We have over 110.000 miles on our orig GMC brakes.

I'm going to treat myself to some new, dealer installed brakes.

I gotta say that kinda hard mileage on one set of brakes is astounding.

After reading this thread, hope I never need new rotors because though aftermarket is the smart way to go, I hopelessly want to keep it all stock in spite of the extra added expense.

When the engine 8.1 pukes, going to treat ourselves to a new engine too. New not re-built.

Ya just can't buy these 8.1 trucks anymore, so we'll drop it off at Dunefreak Chevy, and they can put me asleep when they give us the bill.

Wife orgasms ever time she drives it and kicks it in the a$$.

Gotta hang onto this classic truck.

We have over 110.000 miles on our orig GMC brakes.

I'm going to treat myself to some new, dealer installed brakes.

I gotta say that kinda hard mileage on one set of brakes is astounding.

After reading this thread, hope I never need new rotors because though aftermarket is the smart way to go, I hopelessly want to keep it all stock in spite of the extra added expense.

When the engine 8.1 pukes, going to treat ourselves to a new engine too. New not re-built.

Ya just can't buy these 8.1 trucks anymore, so we'll drop it off at Dunefreak Chevy, and they can put me asleep when they give us the bill.

Wife orgasms ever time she drives it and kicks it in the a$$.

Gotta hang onto this classic truck.

yep, you must have Silverado (99 and up model). Those brakes last forever. :beercheers:

Its the pre-99 models that flat out SUCK for brakes. I own two of them and it seems i change these brakes every couple oil changes. :ban-split:

yep, you must have Silverado (99 and up model). Those brakes last forever. :beercheers:

Its the pre-99 models that flat out SUCK for brakes. I own two of them and it seems i change these brakes every couple oil changes. :undecided:

I have noticed that biiiig time. My 2005 is going strong at 35,000 mi....and the 1995 is killing me. :ban-split: