Quiet Camping areas?

DIRTADDICT

usually around bathroom 3 is where alot of the familys like to hang out. :D

Or waaaaay off on the north west corner of the plateau where they can ride the trails and such down into the valley there..

I take my family to little dumont most of the time. If I am kicking it at the big dunes I hang a left at the top of the hill and head down about 100-300 yards and camp with the setup right on the edge of the canyon. Never had any problems there and you can't ride behind me or around me. Also the wind usually blows from camp towards vender row so you don't get the "dustbowl" effect as much. Downside, rocks so I make the kids run knobbies around camp. It's also a quicker shot from there to the backside of the dunes off to the left as your facing the hills where the kids can ride all day and you don't have to worry about them getting run over. You can also take them to the creek via the trail at the end of the plateau.

My kids are 8 and 12 so I try to keep them as far away from the chaos as possible but close enough where I can enjoy it

Quiet? Safe for kids? Try parking indagully (turn left before going up the hill) I spent 4 years there until my kids grew up. It was the safest thing to do for me and my kids. After you pass the ranger station you should see some tire tracks bearing off to the left before you go up the hill to the camping area. Good times down there and a wind blocker to boot... (no paddles needed fer da kids)

:beercheers:

usually around bathroom 3 is where alot of the familys like to hang out. :D

Or waaaaay off on the north west corner of the plateau where they can ride the trails and such down into the valley there..

I have nothing worth adding to this post!! - I have nothing worth adding to this post!! - x2

That's where my group usually camps, almost to the end of the finger past bathroom 3 out from the finger by a hundred feet or so keeps people that do get that far down from going through camp. Although the finger isn't right next to you it's close enough to walk over and let the kids ride.

Hey Dirtaddict....long time no see. :beercheers:

When we went out at Halloween we stayed by restroom 4 on the other side of the rock pile and vendors row. It wasn't too crazy or hectic in that area, especially if you go with a group of people. No paddles needed for the kids either.

Nice to see you again.