Wondering if you guys can help me out

minor

I have a 06 Duramax with a 4" straight pipe. Apparently the state of Nevada frowns on not having a cat. :bawl: I don't want to have to put on a cat for a couple of reasons, one I don’t really want to spend $500 to $600 on a cat, and two I love the jet engine sound. :poop_hittin_the_fan: Does anyone run a straight pipe and if you do how do you get around registration times. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again

Wow that was fast Pete. I tried to tell the 5 different shops that I went to that the cat is there and tomorrow I am going to cut it off but no one went for it. I understand that the people are putting their shops and jobs on the line for doing stuff like that and I would never ask anyone to worry about doing that. I was hoping that there would be a way around it. Thanks for the quick response I appreciate it. If anyone can suggest anything I would appreciate it greatly, I have to register my truck by April 17th. Thanks again.

You are in line right behind Kenny and Randy! I talked with the diesel tech at GMC and he said he would put one on my truck under warranty but he needs the same one as a core return. I have not really had any time to deal with this problem with NAB in town right now. I have Kenny Sr. not wanting to give me breaks or lunches right now. He's funny. Anyway I was going to call around but I do not have time. Lauren is going to go to the DMV and get me an extension so that I can do it after NAB. We need to go riding. I am trying to talk them into going right after the show. You in?

My 04 durimax has a straight pipe, no cat or muffler. Had it smogged at jiffy lube next to hot rod hill on American Pacific. They never said anything. It passed fine. Just send the wife to do the dirty work, if they say anything she can say I don't know what you are talking about, I'll have to talk w/ the hubby. Good luck with whatever you do.

Oops, I guess cat is still there just hollowed out. I don't know if any of this helps now, but good luck again.

Edited by dirtprincess

My 04 durimax has a straight pipe, no cat or muffler. Had it smogged at jiffy lube next to hot rod hill on American Pacific. They never said anything. It passed fine. Just send the wife to do the dirty work, if they say anything she can say I don't know what you are talking about, I'll have to talk w/ the hubby. Good luck with whatever you do.

Oops, I guess cat is still there just hollowed out. I don't know if any of this helps now, but good luck again.

That's where I went as well. Dude wasn't getting his fat a$$ under my truck to do a visual. I got an A+ on my smog! He said "I just love the way these big diesels sound"...de dee deee!!!

My 04 duramax has a straight pipe, no cat or muffler. Had it smogged at jiffy lube next to hot rod hill on American Pacific. They never said anything. It passed fine. Just send the wife to do the dirty work, if they say anything she can say I don't know what you are talking about, I'll have to talk w/ the hubby. Good luck with whatever you do.

:duniemonkie: It's Jiffy smog on Hot Rod Hill, yeah and ur muffler is mia.... :duniemonkie:

:duniemonkie: Hey Adam still trying to find u one but the only issue is that ur pipes are welded and have no flanges like the stock one to bolt together..... :beercheers:

Hey pete got any cats lying out back to help a guy out????? I got mufflers but no cats.....

Edited by Moparskin18

Thanks everyone for your help! I did go to Hot Rod Hill and the guy just did the smog and then said sorry your truck passed just fine but I have to fail you. Maybe I should have sent the wife down there with a nice top on. They don't really care about the muffler just the stupid cat. :laughoff: I didn’t know your were on here Nick, thanks for still trying to hook it up. I was wondering what Don was mumbling before he disappeared for lunch must have been the pipe was all welded. :D I am going to try a few more places and see if I can get the smog done with a few extra bucks. I have to wait till Monday though when I can sneak out of work. If any one can suggest a place a PM would be sweet. Thanks again everyone! :laughoff:

• 1 month later...

grab some rebar or other form of pipe that will fit inside and get a BFH :D Or plasma cutter to the top and split it in half take everything out and weld it back up... however the rebar and BFH works just as good :D

then u got a bunch of environmental junkies

this is what we get for havin al gore come in with his warmin garbage

it creates less backpressure not havin one

and no doubt the sound would be killer

i say if u cant see grey smoke comin out

or if other people cant tell u dont have one on

then leave it

u create more polution this way lol :driver:

i donno wut would happen if u went in to get a smog check

so my advice isnt really valid

then u got a bunch of environmental junkies

this is what we get for havin al gore come in with his warmin garbage

it creates less backpressure not havin one

and no doubt the sound would be killer

i say if u cant see grey smoke comin out

or if other people cant tell u dont have one on

then leave it

u create more polution this way lol :driver:

i donno wut would happen if u went in to get a smog check

so my advice isnt really valid

cheyenne and I-15 there is a smog place in a parking lot east of the 15 about 1/2 mile on the L side...they can do your smog......wink wink wink :dance: :D

cheyenne and I-15 there is a smog place in a parking lot east of the 15 about 1/2 mile on the L side...they can do your smog......wink wink wink :driver::D

then hes all set

smog test with no holds barred

no cop is gonna come up knowin about cats

he might ask about smog testin but theres no real way of tellin by eye whether ur engines puttin out more than it should be...unless u got flames spittin out or gas

just be sure u got a shovel and a place to bury the person who starts askin questions

no one likes spendin money if they dont have to

i still use last years parkin pass for college....havent gotten a ticket yet and the semesters almost over

Hmmm am I the only man on here that had to read about half way thru this thread before they figured out that "cat" was referring to catylitic converter? But I did figure it out all by myself!!!!

nah dude

i was actually gonna say put it in ur truck and then throw it out goin down the freeway to see if it really had 9 lives

i thought wut else could a cat be...a bob cat tractor...nah...o...catalytic convetrter