Fourth of July weekend

grey

ok so all you guys that slept in, YOU MISSED A GREAT RIDE. :D 2 hours sleep and still made it out to dumont, now i'm not a virgin dumonter. :clap: had a blast out there, weather was great had a little breeze. man those ridges are sharp, hate going over the tops. made a mistake :banghead: and told cyclops that. we went on just about every ridge. :banghead: bike sucked, having a fuel problem out there. :( didnt stop long enough to take pics, just the one at the north pole, so all my other weak friends can have proof that i was there. :DDRrocks: now its time to take a nap.

ok so all you guys that slept in, YOU MISSED A GREAT RIDE. :D 2 hours sleep and still made it out to dumont, now i'm not a virgin dumonter. :laughoff: had a blast out there, weather was great had a little breeze. man those ridges are sharp, hate going over the tops. made a mistake :DDRrocks: and told cyclops that. we went on just about every ridge. :clap: bike sucked, having a fuel problem out there. :( didnt stop long enough to take pics, just the one at the north pole, so all my other weak friends can have proof that i was there. :laughoff: now its time to take a nap.

Hell yeah, Clint. Glad you were finally able to experience Dumont! :banghead: Sounds like you had a blast. Don't worry, those razors are that bad during dune season. They can get super sharp in the summertime. :banghead:

I also had a great time until Fri night. I saw a stuck Honda Ridgeline truck so me and the wife went to investigate to see if they needed help. Once I got closer I also saw a quad, when I got closer I saw the quad was totaled in the front. Then I unfortunately saw the white sheet, helmet and feet sticking out and realized it was a body. Terrible thing to see. We went back to camp after that. Here is a link, I had to find out what happened, I still don't know exactly what happened or if the truck I saw was involved at all. My prayers go out to the family. I really wish I would have never rode over there to investigate the truck and I would have never seen it.

http://www.sbsun.com/ci_9790342

Grey...

Edited by grey

sorry you had to see that. were there very many people out there?

dunes are so different in the summer you cant ride them the same as winter.

No, not too many people, I saw Iamacyclopseeatme and three dudes that drove from LA on Thurs nite came and camped next to us. They were pretty cool younger guys, we did a nite ride then had drinks afterwards. We rode again in the morn too then they left.

I think the most people on the dunes at any given time was like 7 that was including me, my wife, and the three LA dudes.

Grey

What no pics from anyone from the trip? :banghead:

I also had a great time until Fri night. I saw a stuck Honda Ridgeline truck so me and the wife went to investigate to see if they needed help. Once I got closer I also saw a quad, when I got closer I saw the quad was totaled in the front. Then I unfortunately saw the white sheet, helmet and feet sticking out and realized it was a body. Terrible thing to see. We went back to camp after that. Here is a link, I had to find out what happened, I still don't know exactly what happened or if the truck I saw was involved at all. My prayers go out to the family. I really wish I would have never rode over there to investigate the truck and I would have never seen it.

Grey...

Sorry to hear that, grey. :( I know exactly how you feel. After seeing someone die out there really puts a huge damper on the rest of the weekend. Halloween 05 when those 2 guys died in that 2 seater buggy really shook me up. It really hits home when you see it in person.

My thoughts are with that family. :(

This gets updated frequently and has quite a few OHV reports. Seems to be mostly El Mirage and Johnson Valley/Stoddard Wells but Dumont hits it a few times a year, and of course the lake and the river.

Be safe ya'll.

Grey...

That's really sad! I'm sorry you had to see that. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family. :praying:

Hey Grey !

Its Mike the one with the blue banshee and new to this forum so hello to all..

So its good to see you online we tried to knock on your door to get a number or something to keep in touch but i think you guys took a little nap.. we were all packed up around 11 and took off..that heat was bad but those dunes were great !

Good times..

-Mike

What no pics from anyone from the trip? :barf:

Sorry to hear that, grey. :( I know exactly how you feel. After seeing someone die out there really puts a huge damper on the rest of the weekend. Halloween 05 when those 2 guys died in that 2 seater buggy really shook me up. It really hits home when you see it in person.

My thoughts are with that family. :(

Was that the one were the two guys launched from the font of the dunes and landed over by Banshee hill? I was there for that wreck for those 2 guys. Me and my bud were helping the rangers and sheriff keep the peace and scene clean for that. We were talking to the sheriff and people were riding thru and started looting the area for tires and stuff. Ive seen a few bodies in the desert but nothing ever as bad as the driver of that buggy.

Man it sucks to loose a loved one in the desert. Best wishes to both those families.

Was that the one were the two guys launched from the font of the dunes and landed over by Banshee hill? I was there for that wreck for those 2 guys. Me and my bud were helping the rangers and sheriff keep the peace and scene clean for that. We were talking to the sheriff and people were riding thru and started looting the area for tires and stuff. Ive seen a few bodies in the desert but nothing ever as bad as the driver of that buggy.

Man it sucks to loose a loved one in the desert. Best wishes to both those families.

No, but I remember that one too. I heard all about it. Absolutley horrible.

My bad- I meant Halloween 06. I was talking about the accident back behind comp.

This. :(

Hey Grey !

Its Mike the one with the blue banshee and new to this forum so hello to all..

So its good to see you online we tried to knock on your door to get a number or something to keep in touch but i think you guys took a little nap.. we were all packed up around 11 and took off..that heat was bad but those dunes were great !

Good times..

-Mike

Hey what's up man! Yeah I was passed out :laughing: We can stay in touch on this site and maybe see you out there next time. I am trying to get a posse together to make it out for this night ride coming up. I should be able to get like 6 people, we'll see. I think it is on Aug 9th.

Grey.........