Home Repairs

desertskyz

Until now some of the home repairs I ventured into came out like :lol: Cause my ex wouldn't do chit.

Since I now own my own home and live alone, except for my 2 large dogs that are the cause of some damage, I am again forced to do home repairs myself . I recently had to repair and large hole in my wall due to the previous owners putting a dog door in the side of the wall. :think::lol: I did a lot of web searching trying to find some help. I finally found http://www.bobvila.com/ :dunno::lol: There are loads of instructional videos on How To....... what ever you need to do. It is the best web site I have ever been to, besides :ninja: It was great and FREE. I fixed the hole and Damn! I did a good job. I did have basic knowledge and tools on how to Get 'er done, but this web site made things very clear. It has even shown me how to fix the outside of the wall too. Thank goodness that part is in a shed type enclosure so I haven't started that yet.

So ladies, if you are like me, or have a partner who would rather watch TV then take care of simple home repairs this web site is for you. I need go buy a construction belt so I'll look cool too. :hungry: :lol: Oh! Oh! Oh! and a hard hat, yeah thats what I'm talkin' about.

Edited by desertskyz

Right-on Skyz. :dunno:

That's a great helpful site you found there.

The internet is amazing when you start diggin' for info. :lol:

Thanks for sharing and Good luck with that room addition. :think:

Get 'er done :ninja:

R-

I'll be nice and not say anything!!! :ninja:

WHAT! No way! Tiff. something is wrong with wingy. Your just mad cause you can't do it! j/k You should be proud of me. Most chicks wouldn't even think of pulling something of like this. They would just called someone and pay to have it done. Danny would have done it, but he would have just come in, take over, and I wouldn't have learned chit. So I did it my self. :think:

Until now some of the home repairs I ventured into came out like :lol: Cause my ex wouldn't do chit.

Since I now own my own home and live alone, except for my 2 large dogs that are the cause of some damage, I am again forced to do home repairs myself . I recently had to repair and large hole in my wall due to the previous owners putting a dog door in the side of the wall. :think::lol: I did a lot of web searching trying to find some help. I finally found http://www.bobvila.com/ :dunno::lol: There are loads of instructional videos on How To....... what ever you need to do. It is the best web site I have ever been to, besides :ninja: It was great and FREE. I fixed the hole and Damn! I did a good job. I did have basic knowledge and tools on how to Get 'er done, but this web site made things very clear. It has even shown me how to fix the outside of the wall too. Thank goodness that part is in a shed type enclosure so I haven't started that yet.

So ladies, if you are like me, or have a partner who would rather watch TV then take care of simple home repairs this web site is for you. I need go buy a construction belt so I'll look cool too. :hungry: :lol: Oh! Oh! Oh! and a hard hat, yeah thats what I'm talkin' about.

I've got a honey do list for ya!!!!!

j/k

Only if you throw in the Carpenters belt and hard hat.

:think: UPS just brought the water line and all the parts I need to run RO to my ice maker.

Ha Ha Ha It's pretty great you have the enthusiasm to do things yourself!!!! And BTW I don't sit in front of the TV I sit in front of the laptop...... LOL

The Shop Vac hose attachment for my sanders arrives today just arrived.. :thumb: I am very lucky to have so many cool azz tools to work with.

Long Distance Divorce rocks. <<<<< That and all the tools Danny buys me every Bday and Xmas.

Edited by desertskyz

The Shop Vac hose attachment for my sanders arrives today just arrived.. :thumb: I am very lucky to have so many cool azz tools to work with.

Long Distance Divorce rocks. <<<<< That and all the tools Danny buys me every Bday and Xmas.

Lot of tools???? How many B.O.B's do you have? :flipoff:

You want pics of my tools :ah: Thats something wingy or ragdoll mx would say. :bs::woo_hoo: I should have taken some at the beginning of the project. Now, it's just a flat wall. Not to exciting.

Since I do it all of the time any catch chit about it............ ummmmm. check your signature. The grammer is incorrect in the last part. " Thats Really Important". Shouldn't it be "What is Really Important". :slap::banghead:

:shots::drunk::barf:

Edited by desertskyz

You want pics of my tools :ah: Thats something wingy or ragdoll mx would say. :drunk::barf: I should have taken some at the beginning of the project. Now, it's just a flat wall. Not to exciting.

Since I do it all of the time any catch chit about it............ ummmmm. check your signature. The grammer is incorrect in the last part. " Thats Really Important". Shouldn't it be "What is Really Important". :woo_hoo::slap:

:beat::lol::beat:

:bs: you should talk :banghead::shots::beat: j/k

:banghead: Actually I just need a comma after for and then I think it would be correct. I have been looking at that as well! :slap:

Yes I ment pics of the project! HOWEVER some tool pics might be cool too!

You can't have a "home repairs" thread with out before and after pics!! :bs:

Edited by sand chick

Putting the RO to my Ice Marker looked easy, oh yeah the operative word here would "looked". My AZZ! :banghead::slap: Thank goodness :bowdown: Danny came over to help me. Had he not, I would just been sitting on the couch :bawl::pissed::bawl:

Chain of events:

Take everything out of the the bottom of cabinets :idea: Change mind.

Put everything back and take everything out of the top of the lower cabinets.

Move Fridge and stove

Call Watts premiere only to find out that I need another part. :bs:

Run to Lowes. Get 2 just in case :D

Start drilling holes. Move Fridge back cause I can't get to the next cabinet

Chit, drill won't fit in drawer part of cabinet :bs: Made mods. :D

Climb on top of stove to drill next hole. Crap gas line is in the way. :idea: Turn drill upside down

Ding Dong. :woo_hoo::shots::drunk: who the :barf: is at the door.

Climb off stove, trip over drill cord and 30 feet of curly water line, bang knee on chair :beat: limp to door swearing all the way. Hey Danny

WTF are you doing? I'm :lol: drilling holes. Explain hole <<<< pun) story.

Go back to drilling holes.

Feed through water line. :beat::beat::lol: Danny takes over.

:censored::censored::finger::censored: thing. Make hole bigger. I got your back Dan :D

Hook water line to ice maker and ................ Crap forgot to drain RO tank.

:smoker: break

Hook up RO parts. Walla!

There was alot more dialog and many more colorful metaphors

But.......

It's all done now and I am just waiting for the RO tank to fill and turn the rest of the stuff on and check for leaks.

Edited by desertskyz

you called me in on a fuggin punctuation call??? :banghead:

take 10 :beerbong: and call me in the morning

:slap:

I didn't freakin' call you. I don't even have your phone number. They painted over it in the bathroom at the gas station or was that the truck stop. :bs::woo_hoo:

Putting the RO to my Ice Marker looked easy, oh yeah the operative word here would "looked". My AZZ! :gayboy: :no_no: Thank goodness :bowdown: Danny came over to help me. Had he not, I would just been sitting on the couch :bawl::pissed::bawl:

Chain of events:

Take everything out of the the bottom of cabinets :idea: Change mind.

Put everything back and take everything out of the top of the lower cabinets.

Move Fridge and stove

Call Watts premiere only to find out that I need another part. :bs:

Run to Lowes. Get 2 just in case :D

Start drilling holes. Move Fridge back cause I can't get to the next cabinet

Chit, drill won't fit in drawer part of cabinet :banghead: Made mods. :D

Climb on top of stove to drill next hole. Crap gas line is in the way. :idea: Turn drill upside down

Ding Dong. :censored::censored::censored: who the :censored: is at the door.

Climb off stove, trip over drill cord and 30 feet of curly water line, bang knee on chair :censored: limp to door swearing all the way. Hey Danny

WTF are you doing? I'm :censored: drilling holes. Explain hole <<<< pun) story.

Go back to drilling holes.

Feed through water line. :censored::censored::censored: Danny takes over.

:censored::censored::finger::censored: thing. Make hole bigger. I got your back Dan :D

Hook water line to ice maker and ................ Crap forgot to drain RO tank.

:smoker: break

Hook up RO parts. Walla!

There was alot more dialog and many more colorful metaphors

But.......

It's all done now and I am just waiting for the RO tank to fill and turn the rest of the stuff on and check for leaks.

Actually, Ms. Grammar for a Change..... "would just been sitting on the couch" should be.... "would've (or would have) just been sitting on the couch". :?: :laughoff:

Just thought I would help you out...... :flipoff::lol: Just remember....you started it!!!! :booty::hello:

Actually, Ms. Grammar for a Change..... "would just been sitting on the couch" should be.... "would've (or would have) just been sitting on the couch". :?: :gayboy:

Just thought I would help you out...... :no_no: :lol: Just remember....you started it!!!! :censored::laughoff:

Pick your poison or could it be...............Naw.... Pick your poison, :banghead: it all works. Call Cheese he has he degree in education :censored::censored:

Guest Crasher

:banghead: Actually I just need a comma after for and then I think it would be correct. I have been looking at that as well! :laughoff:

Yes I ment pics of the project! HOWEVER some tool pics might be cool too!

You can't have a "home repairs" thread with out before and after pics!! :censored:

Actually Jodi, you were right the first time!! It was correct without the comma. Don't listen to Skyz!! :no_no: :gayboy: :lol: Now you have to change it back before it drives me crazy!!! :censored:

Actually, Ms. Grammar for a Change..... "would just been sitting on the couch" should be.... "would've (or would have) just been sitting on the couch". :?: :gayboy:

Just thought I would help you out...... :no_no: :lol: Just remember....you started it!!!! :laughoff::banghead:

WAIT A MINUTE

post_638_1214886614.jpg

Wingnut's gotta think about that one

:censored: