Home Repairs

desertskyz

I have had about enough advise to make my brain explode. Neighbors, friends, internet, etc...... So since I'm pissed and determined, I am going down and buying my own texture gun, mud, and spray the effn wall myself. :banghead: If I mess it up then will be my fault but the best part is, I don't have some know it all Manly man around tell me what to do then taking over and saying, " See that's how it's done.

:rant_on: I feel better now

I'll try to get some pic's. :laughing: :moon:

I have had about enough advise to make my brain explode. Neighbors, friends, internet, etc...... So since I'm pissed and determined, I am going down and buying my own texture gun, mud, and spray the effn wall myself. :censored: If I mess it up then will be my fault but the best part is, I don't have some know it all Manly man around tell me what to do then taking over and saying, " See that's how it's done.

:rant_on: I feel better now

I'll try to get some pic's. :pics: :pile:

Here's some more to be sure it eXpLoDeS. :banghead:

They sell texture in small spray cans for smaller jobs.

I've used them before. Worked great for me.

May work for ya so you don't have to spend a bunch on a gun.

I sprayed a piece of cardboard first to get me on track before I sprayed the wall. :idea:

I have a entire wall to do with a fireplace in the middle of it. I already have tape, and plastic and a compressor, but i think I will get the electric one. I have what it takes to get the job done, only one thing missing.

EXPERIENCE! but I'll figure it out.

load up the hopper with a thin mix of joint compound kinda like pancake batter.. turn on the compressor and start blobbin chit on the walls... wait 15-20 min till it gets tacky a bit then run over it with a trowl to knock it down :P

Piece o cake.. Just get in there and do it.. You wont learn any other way.

Had to get a part for the sprayer to fit my compressor. :D I am locked a loaded, Compressor is redialed for 50 psi. Tomorrow I will shoot everything. Did a couple of practice passes on some cardboard. Piece of friggin cake.

I think I will have a couple of :banghead: I'm feeling confident. :idea: I over think and worry about things to much. Just jump in a Get' Done.

Holly Sh*t :ah: my neighbor kid, we call him Dannys son, Just hooked me up the with 5 gal's. of this white roof coating stuff. :censored: I have a bunch on my roof now, but a few spots aren't done. My neighbors rock.

Wait! :pile: I think I need my owe Home Improvement Show. What would I call it. :pics::whoop:

:banghead: good for you.............trying out what "we" do for a living. If you need some professional help, let me know. I will send the boys, no matter what you have goin on. I can take care of anything you need. Just don't kick my a$$ on spelling or grammer. :idea::censored: :beerbong:

:banghead: good for you.............trying out what "we" do for a living. If you need some professional help, let me know. I will send the boys, no matter what you have goin on. I can take care of anything you need. Just don't kick my a$$ on spelling or grammer. :black: :whoop: :beerbong:

Oh Really! :D:lol::lol::censored::idea: :pile:

Reach for the Sky

Home Improvements Girls can Do. I need a wed page, chat forum, moderators, etc.... :blah::blah::blah: :black: I don't think so. I wanna go to the dunes.

Besides. I am signing myself and Storm (Pimp Daddy) up for Heaven Can Wait program. I will take my dog, after he is certified, go to schools and young kids will read to him. :pics: Help illiteracy! Yeah! thats what I'm talkin' 'bout. Storm loves kids and they like me for some strange reason.

Edited by desertskyz

• 3 weeks later...

Thats what I get to do this weekend!! Home Repairs!! :D

Much needed interior paint! I think I won the battle over colors, I think!!

We are also starting some improvements tonight in the game room!! If we get a good start going, maybe later I will post up some pictures!!

Ok Ok! Sooo I got the downstairs bathroom done and tomorrow I get the livingroom!

Mike did clean the travertine floors with his machine so he didn't just sit on the couch and watch me paint! :booty::clap:

The renovations start on the game room tomorrow.........FINALLY!! :clap: and he gets to do that while I paint the livingroom!!

First I had to get the appropriate painting music flowing.....................

post-2396-1220149609_thumb.jpg

Then we have before with the plain ole white walls :clap: ..........

post-2396-1220149663_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1220149700_thumb.jpg

After with (duh) green walls...........just a light shde!! California Avacado, its called.

post-2396-1220149755_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1220149772_thumb.jpg

:clap:

Edited by sand chick

thats gonna be one of the things on our list when we move in.. put in some decen blinds the ones they have there are crappy.. We like the ones we have in our rental so thats probably what were gonna put in at the new place. :D

Finished the livingroom on Sunday about 9:30pm. Mike had to go back over parts of the "finish" cause it wasn't quite good enough!! What do you expect for a rookie? :D

Went with a "dune" theme of coarse, where once there was nothing but a stark world of white, now has two walls of "sanddune" and above our fireplace/tv built in window shelf, we have kinda Coral Pink and with dark brown on the accents so it didn't look tooo pink! :lol:

I was very gald to be done with it this weekend! But now there's soo much more to do!!

The game room got an Air Hockey table to go with the pool table and dart board! :DDRrocks:

• 2 months later...

OK so I cheated!. I did "sort of" fix the dog door in wall that is on the outside of the house that was cut through the stucco.

Since the dog door entrance is inside a shed on the side of the house (it was there when i bough the house) What I did was stuff if full in insulation, then put the inside portion of the dog door on the outside and shut the door down a locked it. Wala! :beercheers:

So I guess you could say I :B rigged it. What?

OK so I cheated!. I did "sort of" fix the dog door in wall that is on the outside of the house that was cut through the stucco.

Since the dog door entrance is inside a shed on the side of the house (it was there when i bough the house) What I did was stuff if full in insulation, then put the inside portion of the dog door on the outside and shut the door down a locked it. Wala! :beercheers:

So I guess you could say I :B rigged it. What?

:laughoff: