cell service

NE14SAND

its kinda like camping in the wash's before they put up the tower behind the store aaron... If you stand on top of a bush holding a beer in one hand with one foot on your quad and you stick your tounge out while attempting to balance the beer on your head you will probably get reception but for how long who knows :P

There are spots around dumont that all carries will get some kind of reception. Some people find it easier to get it on top of the finger dunes other to the north side of the flats alot of it depends on your phone as well.

its kinda like camping in the wash's before they put up the tower behind the store aaron... If you stand on top of a bush holding a beer in one hand with one foot on your quad and you stick your tounge out while attempting to balance the beer on your head you will probably get reception but for how long who knows :P

There are spots around dumont that all carries will get some kind of reception. Some people find it easier to get it on top of the finger dunes other to the north side of the flats alot of it depends on your phone as well.

the last time we camped there there was a bush on the right as you got to top of hill at entrance nextel worked at. if and only if buggy was parked pointing the correct way. sounds like it ain't changed much.

i have heard stories of nextel working perfect on top of a dune or out at the north pole.. Its kinda hit and miss but i cant remember if it was ATT or sprint that added a tower out there.. for some reason att rings a bell.

last weekend when i was out there, ATT had jack squat... my buddy that has nextel had service the whole time... and verizon guys seem to always have signal...

i think im gonna call up att to get the unlock code so i can use any and all available signals...

last weekend when i was out there, ATT had jack squat... my buddy that has nextel had service the whole time... and verizon guys seem to always have signal...

i think im gonna call up att to get the unlock code so i can use any and all available signals...

what unlock code? i have ATT also and would like to be able to use it at dumont. let me know what you find out

what unlock code? i have ATT also and would like to be able to use it at dumont. let me know what you find out

depending on if your phone is a world phone you may or may not be able to use signals other than what ATT uses... my phone, a blackjack, can connect to any available digital signal but ATT has it locked so it only uses their frequency. you can get an unlock code from ATT for your specific phone for use outside the US, or outside ATT service areas.

fat fingered a double post so here is a chicken :beercheers:

I have had Sprint and ATT. I have Verizion now. I have always had some service. I just have to move around to find it. Sometimes it even makes a difference if I hold the phone at a certain angle. Same thing at Coral Pink.Have service but had to drive all the way back to the fence at the eastern border.

Rumor has it that people always get a signal at the Ranger Station or on the little rock hill as you enter. :beercheers:

fat fingered a double post so here is a chicken :chkn:

will this one work for you.

post-1439-1224512033_thumb.jpg

I have had Sprint and ATT. I have Verizion now. I have always had some service. I just have to move around to find it. Sometimes it even makes a difference if I hold the phone at a certain angle. Same thing at Coral Pink.Have service but had to drive all the way back to the fence at the eastern border.

Rumor has it that people always get a signal at the Ranger Station or on the little rock hill as you enter. :beercheers:

That is also known as "The Hater Family"

:lol::lol: I couldn't find the pic. I'm sure someone will come up with it.

Edited by desertskyz