A little help from my friends, please?

aceisback

Alright, here's the deal. I'm going to attempt this one last time. If she can't jump aboard the bandwagon on this attempt then I throw up my arms in disgust and give up...

Long story short for those not familiar with the situation: picked up a KFX700 for the wife so that as she learned and got more skilled and comfortable with it she could go where the rest of us go. Didn't work out so well as the whole time that we owned it she never got it over 10mph. Okay, so maybe it was too big/scary for her. Sold it.

Now I need some input from you guys and gals who have owned different makes and models. I'm specifically looking for a sport or dual purpose quad, not a ute. HAS to be automatic (don't ask)! I know they are out there, I've been looking for a good deal on an Outlander 400 but with as little as I forsee it getting riden I'm hesitant to spend a fortune.

I needs to be a 4 stroke as well for simplicity sake, and because it probably won't be stretching it's legs like a 2 smoker needs to do. Maybe if it's smaller than the KFX she'll be more comfortable/secure. Wish they made an automatic Predator.

So, does Honda, Kawi, Suzuki, Yamaha, Polaris, or Can Am make a fully auto ATV that you would recommend??? Had a couple of Trailblazers back in the day and I'm not getting another. Not bad machines, but not what I'm looking for. I know someone can point me in the right direction. Warrior, Blaster, TRX, or models like those that are AUTOMATIC would be considered.

Thanks for the input, I'm looking forward to it.

I'm really leaning towards the Outlander Max 400. If she won't go over 10 mph on that then I'll just strap her on the back, gag her, and GO.

Really wish she was the Outlander Max 800 kind of woman.

Leaning towards just getting her a RZR and calling it a day but they are still pricey. I think strapped in and roll cages around her may open her mind.

Three things you NEVER want to do:

Try to teach the wife to ride a motorcycle.

Try to teach the wife to ski.

Try to teach the wife to ride quads at the dunes.

I thought about an Outlander Max too until she said what about the dog? Didn't hear a thing out of her till I didn't ty the dog in and he got a vet bill for getting a burn where no male should but that's a another story.

Eli

I thought about an Outlander Max too until she said what about the dog? Didn't hear a thing out of her till I didn't ty the dog in and he got a vet bill for getting a burn where no male should but that's a another story.

Eli

I can only convey a story about my wife. In the beginning whe would ride with me in the dunes. She loved to ride the 3 wheeler with our little lap dog. Then...... I did an endo with her with me and she stopped liking to ride with me. She was petrified at any hint of a hill where she couldn't see the other side. She would still ride on the flats on my Polaris 250 auto and even try to ride the flats on my KFX 400. She just dodn't like the hills. A concusion will do that to you too maybe. What I see here is someone attempting to get their significant other to do someting that he loves to do. That is admirable and it's a shame that it isn't happening. Fortunately I can go and do anything I want to as it ralates to the dunes or off roading and she choses to do what she likes at home. It works.

Maybe it is time for you to take up knitting or what ever she enjoys and give up on her being a dune Bunny.

It just insn't something everyone likes to do.

No smiles here or jokes. This is a serious matter and I hope you get it worked out.

Edited by SANDAWG

this only does 10 miles an hour...

and you dont even have to buy or mix gas.

hit me up!

does it come with a free slot machine?

ive been down this road with Julie and sport bikes...she tells me she wants her own bike...so hmm now the quandry to find the right bike...

lets see...4'10" 100 pounds....

rebel 250....nope looks like a Honda Davidson

Ninja 250.....nope..to tall

Buell Blast...nope still to tall

AH HA! FZR400..perfect....buy it...2 years never even sat on it...except the day we brought it home..the for some strange reason it was to tall.....2 years later

hmmm...ok

i imported a CBR250RR from japan...6 months to register a 12 digit Vin bike that dosent exist in the states...

take a guess at what happened to that....2 years later......still never rode it...i put 10K miles on it myself. awesome bike!

so do yourself a favor......get a RZR...i know if i could afford it i would totally cage the wife in one..lets face it..she isnt going to drive the Mog...its a stick....rhino, rzr she would rock it! :rockwoot:

Eli

OMG...you must be married to my wifes twin sister......

she hasnt listened to my in 10 years...why would she start now?

its not like i know how to do all of that...bad habits and all... :rockwoot::DDRrocks:

Eli

Good thing I'm not a wife anymore... :blink:

I want to learn 2 wheels :mc:

I doubt I could ski due to a medical condition, but I was going to try :ynot:

I bought my own quad after about 2 trips to the dunes , I crashed it on the 1st trip and never gave up :beerpint:

I drove the sandrail a little last season :dope:

I have a dune dog, but he stays in camp.

I drove a rhino once and almost rolled it end over end, but burried it to the frame instead...hated it

I rode one of those huge 4x4 utility quads, cool for trails, but in the sand....hated it

Edited by Foxysandchick

Good thing I'm not a wife anymore... :lol:

I want to learn 2 wheels :mc:

I doubt I could ski due to a medical condition, but I was going to try :dope:

I bought my own quad after about 2 trips to the dunes , I crashed it on the 1st trip and never gave up :ynot:

I drove the sandrail a little last season :blink: :ah: :ah: :ah: :ah: :ah: :ah: :ah: :ah: (JK) :beerpint:

I have a dune dog, but he stays in camp.

I drove a rhino once and almost rolled it end over end, but burried it to the frame instead...hated it

I rode one of those huge 4x4 utility quads, cool for trails, but in the sand....hated it

has ace even checked on this yet? i guess he asked for suggestions. maybe he should have his wife read the thread could give her i different point of view.

i have been kind of looking at getting a older rhino so i have something for a guest to drive. and i would have a old sore guy ride after the quad beats me down.

OMG...you must be married to my wifes twin sister......

she hasnt listened to my in 10 years...why would she start now?

its not like i know how to do all of that...bad habits and all... :dunno: :kissass:

That's why God made motorcycle and ski instructors.....if the wife aren't really isn't in to it why should I find out the hard way. I of course only learned this after finding out the hard way.:assblast:

Eli

I found letting the wife pick her quad was the best and I stayed outta it other than negotiate a deal.

Amazing how many guys pick the quad for their Wife or GF.

The guys usually pick the quad they want, not what would suit her best.

Wife settled on the KFX 700 w/ Elkas and she loves it, and the sun came up the next morning.

10 x 7 rear tires are essential:

http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f18/tpc1...ke2NewYears.flv

Edited by yfzdad