need ur opinion!

mex450

i have a 2005 chevy duramax ,, what type of oil and oil filter should i use for my transmision,,,and is it hard ?sorry i have never done this before...thanks eric........ :beerpint:

i dunno if you are familiar with

best information about the dura/alli combo

the dieselplace? :ynot:

anyway...join up...its free, then go to this link

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=239630

it describes, step by step, how to flush your alli, and where to get your filters.

basically. go to the allison website, and look for your nearest dealer, and they will have them. i have also seen them on ebay as well

I m not a believer in oils.....but after two seperate slipping transmission experiements(not listed below)......I only have one word....

AMSOIL. it negated the slipping transmissions problems and both are still going , one slipped for 1 year plus, and that was 3 years ago. I couldnt even drive the car hard in second with out it slipping, and since the change its been raced plenty of times.

Now in any severe duty application.....like...

my nv5600 (twin turbo cummins that puills 30k)

600rwhp vette with t56

800 rwhp th400 turbo camaro

samurai that drives in low range at the dunes all day

rail....

all get the good stuff.

I spent nearly 200$ yesterday at amsoil for tranny fliud. That will do a couple cars, but its od, when I was looking up what I needed, I noticed a dedicated trans fliud for the allison with the dmax.....(it was the first on the page of auto trans fluids).

If you want Ill get you some for the cost.

I m not a believer in oils.....but after two seperate slipping transmission experiements(not listed below)......I only have one word....

AMSOIL. it negated the slipping transmissions problems and both are still going , one slipped for 1 year plus, and that was 3 years ago. I couldnt even drive the car hard in second with out it slipping, and since the change its been raced plenty of times.

Now in any severe duty application.....like...

my nv5600 (twin turbo cummins that puills 30k)

600rwhp vette with t56

800 rwhp th400 turbo camaro

samurai that drives in low range at the dunes all day

rail....

all get the good stuff.

I spent nearly 200$ yesterday at amsoil for tranny fliud. That will do a couple cars, but its od, when I was looking up what I needed, I noticed a dedicated trans fliud for the allison with the dmax.....(it was the first on the page of auto trans fluids).

If you want Ill get you some for the cost.

k let me do some more research ..

thanks alot...

CONTACT OUR local mr goodwrench (dunefreak) also el presidente) or even (pimpshack) :assblast:

:dunno:

fluid: Dexron III, look for "Approved for the H-Specification" on the label

spin on filter: Use a GM/ Delco one from the dealer

filter in the pan: dealer also

(the pan gasket is reusable)

As for doing it yourself it's not hard as long as you are mechanically inclined. There are a couple different ways to svc the trans on an Allison. It all depends how many miles and how much towing you do.

Drain and fill

Drain & fill w/ a spin on filter

Drain and fill, spin on filter, plus a new in pan filter

or a complete svc: Drain and fill, spin on filter, plus a new in pan filter, AND a flush using the machine (dealer or trans shop only kinda svc)

Important tip: when you take the spin-on filter off, make sure you remove the magnet from the old filter, clean it, and put it on the new filter ;)

:dunno:

As for doing it yourself it's not hard as long as you are mechanically inclined. There are a couple different ways to svc the trans on an Allison. It all depends how many miles and how much towing you do.

Drain and fill

or a complete svc: Drain and fill, spin on filter, plus a new in pan filter, AND a flush using the machine (dealer or trans shop only kinda svc)

Important tip: when you take the spin-on filter off, make sure you remove the magnet from the old filter, clean it, and put it on the new filter ;)

MUTHA BITCHEZZZ!!!!! Mine doesnt have a magnet on it. Can you get me one from the dealership?

MUTHA BITCHEZZZ!!!!! Mine doesnt have a magnet on it. Can you get me one from the dealership?

Have you done your own services? Because thats the only way you'd be able to see it on there. It's on the inside of the filter around the threads. Otherwise if your's is missing, Berrrrrt probably has one for you.

:laughing:

Drain and fill

You can still use Dexron III in your trans but you might not be able to get it anymore.

It has been superceeded with Dexron VI.

I personally would recommend Transynd trans fluid.

It isnt cheap but it can handle alot more heat and last 150k.

You can still use Dexron III in your trans but you might not be able to get it anymore.

It has been superceeded with Dexron VI.

I personally would recommend Transynd trans fluid.

It isnt cheap but it can handle alot more heat and last 150k.

Dexron III was right outta SI. (I had to make sure) And don't you mean Dexron IV ? Of course you can use that for anyone number Dexron below it. der :laughing: