RZR or Rhino?

Atchcraft

Going out this weekend to try out my buddys RZR. I just finished the cage for him (he rolled it first time out) and since i've had it, i'm really wanting one!!! There fast, a hell of a lot of fun and i think did ok on the cage. but, rhinos look like they have a lot more room. Heres the deal... I actually plowed our horse pasture with it and pretty much got the wife sold on that end... so, how hard is it to make a Rhino keep up with the RZR?

Here is my cage, what do you think?

post-4756-1224215952_thumb.jpg

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very good job on the cage!!!

to answer Rhino or RZR? I think they are two different beasts. RZR are supposed to be faster, (course some would and have disputed) but no room, and cant add rear seat. I have seem more tips on RZR possibly due to more torque?? not to say Rhino's dont tip, (that is all the driver there).

I have a Rhino, but that works for me.....

speed and performance-wise.....to keep up with a RZR in a rhino....youre looking @ a 686 kit (not as reliable as stock either) clutch sheeve, cdi, fuel controller...then STILL not able to hang with a rzr....much better, but not equal.

the polaris motor sucks azz... very spendy to mod them, they are dogs from the factory. the clutch may need adjustment too....depending on what type of riding youre gonna do

overall though, i would go with the rzr...the manufacturers do not recommend putting passengers in the bed of their sxs either....just something to think about

the dunes, a rzr ( that's cuz i just bought one) but for trails, i would have to say a rhino or teryx. I havent had mine on trails yet, but the do have more room and clearance. As far as a 686 kit in a rhino. There is one guy on here who's rhino is just highcompression, no big bore, and spanks rzr's. Yamakiller is his name. His is pretty fast.

rzrs are the fastest you would need a 720 kit in a rhino or bigger to keep up. and for rzrs in the dunes you can put paddles on and they do great and have the power to push them but rhinos can push them but its very very hard on the motor. but for some reason i just like the rhinos better.

Going out this weekend to try out my buddys RZR. I just finished the cage for him (he rolled it first time out) and since i've had it, i'm really wanting one!!! There fast, a hell of a lot of fun and i think did ok on the cage. but, rhinos look like they have a lot more room. Heres the deal... I actually plowed our horse pasture with it and pretty much got the wife sold on that end... so, how hard is it to make a Rhino keep up with the RZR?

Comparing a RZR to a Rhino is like comparing a sports car to a SUV. Stock RZR is faster vers stock Rhino, narrower so there's more trails you can ride, rhino's have more room but if you don't have kids.......

Eli

cool cage

Not true...I can beat any RZR (stock bore no turbo)(even with straight paddles) with my stock bore :DDRrocks:

What is done to your rhino? I need all the help i can get with mine. Only mods ive done are jet kit and cdi.

What is done to your rhino? I need all the help i can get with mine. Only mods ive done are jet kit and cdi.

I can also beat most big bore kits and my kit has been very reliable so far. No overheating or anything.

Dan from Powerhouse built it

High comp piston, cam, new bigger carb, intake, exhaust, cdi, duner clutch kit.

I will be out there Halloween weekend if anybody wants to see it run. Its red with a big S on the hood and probably the only rhino out there with the bed off so it fits in my trailer.

Another thing that really helps out there is the tires. We all bought the extremes 7 paddle with smoothie fronts(and they have to be the wider version, they are selling some now that are narrow, needs to be the 9" wheel. Even a stock rhino can go straight up comp with no problems. They work much better than the v-cut paddles that I see on a lot of rhinos. We tested them all. If anybody is interested in these tires, there is a place in cali you can order cheaper than anyplace here in town. Its a guy on glamisdunes.com that sells them out of a Ford dealership

• 1 month later...

razors= toilet=in the shop all the time=bullshait...the rhino will never let you down..wow your fives miles ahour faster...but your turd will be in the shop...lol

post-238-1228292044_thumb.jpg

post-238-1228292155_thumb.jpg

Edited by rhino king

there is no rhino that can beat my rzr...enless it has a whole different moter in it.

rzrs are the best SxS you can get in the dunes.

Ughhh Lucy u got some splaining to do....... U talking yours stock against ANY Rhino without a motor swap???

If so. Ugh u r WAY wrong!!!!!

I have to say Rhino is better. I do have alot of money into mine but it can be a damn good duner for less. Intake, exhaust, cde, duner kit and paddles on offset wheels will get you around the dunes as fast as you want to go safely with a rhino. I took my full 4 seat LT rhino up comp this last week, Although I couldn't flop the peak it made it higher than most quads and buggies were going before turning. This was also at night so during the day it would probably be easier cause you can pick a better line.

LT makes a HUGE difference no matter what you put it on and I highly recommend it for whatever you decide on.

post-3139-1228315018_thumb.jpg

razors= toilet=in the shop all the time=bullshait...the rhino will never let you down..wow your fives miles ahour faster...but your turd will be in the shop...lol

i wish i had a fuggin dime for every time a rhino fan posted that brokeback stuff up......truth is, as per the magazines (and i dont put much weight in what the mags say, as they have to please their ad people) the rzr, in STOCK form.....is the hottest sxs in the market today.

that will be until can am lays the smack down with their sxs..due out 2024....just in time for my next superbowl trip :laughing::laughoff: