Trip Report 10/17-10/20

DIRTADDICT

We had a good trip. My buddy was trying out his new 42ft Cyclone. Man that thing is nice!. We also celebrated one of the kids birthdays. It was a tad hot for me. The older I get the more I seek friendly weather.

Pulled in Wednesday night. Got stuck right off the tip of finger 2. Both of us are way heavy. I am 25k gross and he is 27k gross. So I wasn't suprised with our tires at max psi. Just couldn't tell how close we were to the soft stuff. Dropped the air and off we went.

Thursday and Friday were just beautiful. Untracked dunes everywhere. Got riding in knowing that the weekend crowds were coming. Saw those two A-10's flying around too. Man those things are awesome.

Saturday morning we saw the group of people up by the guy that died the night before. What a bummer. I could see tracks going up almost all the way to the top of the largest dune just south of #7 restroom. Then they made a left and you could see where it just tipped. Looked like he just lost his momentum and tried to turn down, then it rolled.

Funny thing happened Sunday. On the way to the pole we came across 4 people at the bottom of a huge bowl. Thier rail had lost a tire. They had been there for a while cause there were like 40 empty beer cans laying around. They were all laying under the rail just busting up. I asked if they were ok. The were like, "Pffft ah man we [hic] are [hic] great bro!!". They told me they had help coming. Man that was funny.

1016081506a.jpg

1016081738a.jpg

1018081438.jpg

Edited by DIRTADDICT