battery problems

THE BIG E

definately need to keep up on the water for sure.

i have heard some good things about switchin to 6 volt batteries, like golf cart batteries, heard the run time is increased substantialy (sp), and the battery life is also increased.

i have been kicking the idea around for a bit now, just havent pulled the trigger.

my father in law has been looking into these batteries for his boat, the company is called lifeline, and there is some good info on their site. :beercheers:

lifeline batteries

Get a really long extension cord that will reach from your house to wherever you are camping!!!!

:DDRrocks::slap: Effin' Craig. never fails. :wub: ...... :laughing::thumb::DDRrocks: <<< Jager.

I've had really good luck with Trojan 6v batteries. like 4 years so far. :beercheers:

Good luck.

R-

Definately get the 6 volt batteries if you have the room for them. The deep cycle ones can take a beating and recharge very easily. Also look into a solar charger to keep them maintained in the off season.

there are some places that sell the trojan 6v batteries in a "6 pac" so to speak, removed from golf carts. in fact there are some on ebay, price varies on the age of them it seems, plan on about 500. i would love to go with the lifeline batteries, but i think the 6v "flooded" golf cart are gonna be what i end up going with. since the lifeline AGM batteries range from 300 to 600+ per battery :ah:

:bs::laughoff::lol:

"I've had really good luck with Trojan"

I call :bs: , Randingle!!! If you did, you and Whit wouldn't have a lil dingle on the way!!! :flipoff::laughoff:

:dope: Man I can't get away with anything now a days. :lol: You guyz's are killin's me Larry's.

BTW: Even batteries don't work for you if you don't have them. :slap:

:lol::laughoff: Huh?

:B

effen dingle poked pinholes in his trojans

:laughoff:

:laughoff: hey wait...i used one of them too OHHHH :poop: :laughoff:

back to topic from the side topic

i have had t he costco brand 6 volt batts for about 3 years now. they work great. i would recommend the switchover if you can do it. the 6 volts i have fit in the battery boxes that came on my trailer too

good luck

effen dingle poked pinholes in his trojans

:laughoff:

:laughoff: hey wait...i used one of them too OHHHH :poop: :laughoff:

back to topic from the side topic

i have had t he costco brand 6 volt batts for about 3 years now. they work great. i would recommend the switchover if you can do it. the 6 volts i have fit in the battery boxes that came on my trailer too

good luck

Ditto Richard Cheese, my 1st set of 4 Costco 6v lasted 8 years and were still good but replaced them and added 4 more. Every time you let voltage get below 12.25 (no load) you shorten their lifespan. Stick a cheap digital voltmeter somewhere easy to see. This is where I had mine till I did the solar setup.

post-1632-1231618962_thumb.jpg