trailer tires

BIGN

had a freakn blow out on my toy hauler. Fu@k up my dimond plate,one wall support and put a 3" diam hole in the fn floor. What is a good tire to buy?225/75/15, trip axle(33'fury bumper tow)

had a freakn blow out on my toy hauler. Fu@k up my dimond plate,one wall support and put a 3" diam hole in the fn floor. What is a good tire to buy?225/75/15, trip axle(33'fury bumper tow)

Goodyear marathon trailer tires

Stay away from Carlisle. What brand was the blow out? I had 2 Carlisle and 2 Towmasters installed and less than a year both Carlisle tires failed and replaced and witin a year failed again and the Towmaster tires still had 3/4 of the tread left. Americas Tire/Discount Tire has a bonded road hazard warranty with 100% free replacement if it blows or unrepairable. My last 4 tires cost $12, the then price for the bonded warranty. My brother had a trailer less than a year old and had a blowout going to Dumont, called me and I said if it's a Carlisle (it was) check the other 3 and they had the tread starting to separate, the tread separation bulge.

Maxis trailer tires or greenball are great tires.

I've run the Maxis and they were fantastic. Greenball have great real life ratings too. Stay away from Goodyear marathons. They self distruct(they seperate, peel and bulg). The goodyears were ok but they went down hill when they started manufacturing them in China. Go to RV.Net and read all the horrer stories on the marathons. Mine fell apart in about a years time.

That have all let me down! Last time I needed tires I bought THEE best Maxis e-rated blah blah blah 800 hundred fuggin bucks and then had 2 bubble out a couple tumors right before a trip to D for T-day. :rockwoot: They were barley a year and a half old too.

I hate trailer tires!!! stupid stupid stupid! :dope:

Maxis trailer tires or greenball are great tires.

I've run the Maxis and they were fantastic. Greenball have great real life ratings too. Stay away from Goodyear marathons. They self distruct(they seperate, peel and bulg). The goodyears were ok but they went down hill when they started manufacturing them in China. Go to RV.Net and read all the horrer stories on the marathons. Mine fell apart in about a years time.

The Towmasters are Greenball, never had 1 fail in over ten years

I had the same thing happen a month ago. I bought 4 - Maxxis 10 ply tires from TIRE WORKS

mounted balanced new STEEL valve stems added for 500 out the door. :?:

I had the same thing happen a month ago. I bought 4 - Maxxis 10 ply tires from TIRE WORKS

mounted balanced new STEEL valve stems added for 500 out the door. :?:

this is a good article to read as most do not check their tires often inough or run enough air pressure.....IMHO

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/infoSeparationAnxiety.dos

Edited by SANDAWG