Apple IPOD Help

bp-guy

I have 2 Ipods that I want to change my music around.

When I plug them in I get the "USB Device not recognized" at the bottom of my screen. When I-tunes is up and running it doesn't show it on the left side of the screen like it use to either. I tried un-installing itunes and re-loading it but still nothing. I have looked for drivers and come up short.

My 6 gig ipod is loaded with 1200 songs so I am good for Dumont with that one. But my 15 gig is empty and I can't load music so its a damn paper weight! :beerpint:

Any Ideas or suggestions?

I'm not sure if you use i-tunes to download music or not. I have most of my mp3's on an external hard drive. If you just need to load music from your computer to your i-pod you can download a free program called Media Monkey. I've totally done away with I-tunes on my computer and use Media Monkey to upload music to all three i-pods in the house.

Also, if memory serves me correctly there is a function you have to turn on on the i-pod itself to allow it to be seen as a storage device.

The 15 gig is new to me but used. My computer always saw the IPODs when connected but now it won't see either.

I really want the 15 gig up and running before dumont. I will keep plugging away at this. Thanks for the replies!

I'm not sure if you use i-tunes to download music or not. I have most of my mp3's on an external hard drive. If you just need to load music from your computer to your i-pod you can download a free program called Media Monkey. I've totally done away with I-tunes on my computer and use Media Monkey to upload music to all three i-pods in the house.

Also, if memory serves me correctly there is a function you have to turn on on the i-pod itself to allow it to be seen as a storage device.

just downloaded that thanks

This has happen to me as well :laughing: . You need to restart your IPOD by holding down the up position on the disc and the select button in the middle of the disc at the same time. Make sure your unplugged from the USB port.

If this doesn't work then :dunno: go down to Apple and :beat: the sales person :blury:

Apple has been good with me on replacing the IPOD if the reset dosesn't work.

Which IPOD you got? If it's the classic then it's the classic problems they haven't fix on now the 6 Generation of the classic (pile) aka :poop:

Any who good luck with it!

Grim Dog signing out :foshizz:

Turns out that my 3rd generation ipod classic was used by a mac user and it won't talk to the windows platform on my computer.

It won't charge or anything via USB but when hooked to a Mac computer thru a firewire it turns on immediately.

Oh well, guess I am going to sell it on Ebay and try to recover some of my money.

Still confused as to why my nano won't work when it did before on my computer.