Truck Sites that sell 4x4 lifted trucks?

1BADYFZ

I am in the market for a Diesel truck, Ford, Chevy or GMC, not sure yet but i look daily on autotrader and Liftedtrucks.com so i got those sites covered.

Anyone know anymore? looking for something already lifted with decent miles for a good price..Or anyone selling one..

Only lifted please ..thnx.

Maybe even a 6.0 liter chevy or GMC, no v10 fords..

Edited by 1BADYFZ

glamisdunes.com always has some nice rigs for sale...

warning...my opinion ahead

stick with the diesel.....

As long as the price is right that will be the plan, i am actuelly a little scared on the deisel purchase with all the work i hear you have to put into them but i know it will benefit me alot. I just cant go the places i want pulling my toyhauler with just a gas engine. I went thru that with the 1500 going to sequoia and wanting to go to utah and mammoth but the gasser will kill me in power and gas prices..

I really appreciate the websites guys i will keep you updated...

As long as the price is right that will be the plan, i am actuelly a little scared on the deisel purchase with all the work i hear you have to put into them but i know it will benefit me alot. I just cant go the places i want pulling my toyhauler with just a gas engine. I went thru that with the 1500 going to sequoia and wanting to go to utah and mammoth but the gasser will kill me in power and gas prices..

I really appreciate the websites guys i will keep you updated...

Sam don't be afraid of diesels. Yes, they do cost a little more to service but you more then make it up in longevity. Diesels are the most reliable rigs out there. Where peeps get in to trouble is when they over mod them, or do the mods in the wrong order.

i am by no means a mechanic....far from it actually, but i change my own filters and fluids (differentials, engine, gearbox, tranny) and fuel filter. everything else (except the injectors which are covered under warranty for up to 200k) has been fine, and ill have 100k on my truck within the end of this month.

i was apprehensive at first too, but i wouldnt change a thing

• 3 weeks later...

Ok guy's. Been looking around and have some favorites that our in my price range and all vary with different mileage and year and condition. I will post pics and you let me know what you think is a OK deal or a good deal.

I have some questions on the ram pictured below and wondered if the engine pics is cause for alarm with the rust and basically worn looking engine it has, is that a warning sign for bad things to come. I will post a pic of a clean engine shot from a similar ram for sale on that lot..

First Pic is a 2006 Ram 2500, cummings diesel 4x4, 6 inch lift on 20 inch rims.Same truck i used to have but i had the 1500 version and no 4x4. They want 25k for this truck and it has 46,000 miles?

ram1.jpg

ram2.jpg

is the engine shot, seems like water or the damm thing was in a flood or the intake manifold is rusted or nothing to worry about??

BAd engine in the silver truck

3831620_23.jpg

Good engine in another ram truck on the lot.

3861038_23.jpg

2nd truck..2004 2500 Chevy HD w/ 4x4, 6 inch lift on 20 inch rims and 35inh tires, real clean truck with 58,000 miles and they want $24,000 for this truck

chevy2.jpg

chevy1.jpg

. I really like both trucks, i like the dodge a little bit better but the engine pic has me worried and the color on the Chevy i could get used too but is a bit older then the 06.. These are just some trucks that i like and the price is right and has all the options i am looking for.

One more question i have is 80,000 miles on a diesel alot of miles, there is a bad arss mega cab with those miles for a good price but tooo many mile in my opinion..

THANKS ALOT GUYS ..

Edited by 1BADYFZ

Sam, that rust is on the exhaust manifold, it's probably from the weather where the truck spent it's life. It's no big deal. 06 is a good year for the ram. It's got the best version Dodge offered in the 48 series auto tranny's.

80k on a diesel is no big deal. Buying a used diesel with 80k and not knowing the previous owner could be a big deal. You have no idea if it was beat up and stacked with programmers. As for the D-max, someone else will have to chime in. I'm not sure what years are better then others. .002

Sam, that rust is on the exhaust manifold, it's probably from the weather where the truck spent it's life. It's no big deal. 06 is a good year for the ram. It's got the best version Dodge offered in the 48 series auto tranny's.

80k on a diesel is no big deal. Buying a used diesel with 80k and not knowing the previous owner could be a big deal. You have no idea if it was beat up and stacked with programmers. As for the D-max, someone else will have to chime in. I'm not sure what years are better then others. .002

Thanks for the feedback craig, that ram is looking better and better every day. I would love a mega cab but only for the looks dept. But to me not worth the extra 5k for that option and the chevy is nice also. My 02 Dodge ram was a great truck for a gasser, never let me down and is still running around town with 130,000 miles on it.

do they offer a maintenance warranty? if so get it and get the Dodge, looks like a sweet truck!

:beercheers::beerpint::laughoff::blink::beerpint::beerpint:

YEs full factory warranty left on the dodge which i believe it's 5 years or 100,00 miles, which ever comes first. I am going to bring up the rust on the exhaust manifold to see if i can get some feedback on it and the history and maybe a discount. Or just to check the chracter of the sales people and see what they say about it or think it's an issue.

The dodge can be delivered from Utah for 500$ for inclosed transport and i will pay the tax and license cash so it seems i may get this truck for 25k or maybe even 24k if i ask nicely..

I'd probably go with the Dodge out of those 2. The price seems kinda high for that 04 Dmax. Depending on if its an early or late 04 matters which motor it has. The early ones had injector issues. (If the 8th digit of the VIN is a 1 its an early Dmax- LB7 motor, if it's a 2 it's the later motor- LLY which is better)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...