Ultimate Sandcar Challenge 3rd annual

I had tons of fun at the challenge. Despite the track being a bit short, I thought it was still fun to watch those high dollar cars getting used. :headbang: I'm used to seeing those kinds of cars, but at the bottom of comp hill or in a magazine or show. It was nice to see how well they performed on the track.

Hanging out with friends and meeting new ones was cool too. We were able to meet Aaron (TrickyLS2racer) and Tim (limodriver) finally in person. Thanks for the beers, guys! It was cool (literally) hanging out in your air conditioned stacker trailer. :D :shocked2: I also got the chance to chat with Brian from KingSandCars for a while as well. I found out he is KingSandCars (the screen name) here on DDR. It's a small world in the sport of sand. He knew a ton of people I knew and vice-versa. Great chatting w/ ya Brian. :thumb:

I got a ton of video this weekend. I'll get some editted together and post up a video clip this week. ISBB got most of the rail that cartwheeled too. :headbang: He dipped the camera down just a lil bit half way through the roll and was like "oh sh*t!!! ........oh wait that's right- I'm filming this!" :laughoff: He got it for the most part though.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was really cool being able to put a name with a face/faces :thumb: We had alot of fun and partied it up pretty well each night :headbang: :shocked2: Pete thanks for the DDR stickers :thumb: We will be showing them off :laughoff: We didnt have the fastest car, but some of the fastest cars couldnt stay togather with all of the horsepower :headbang: They will hopefully have a more organized event next year and be there again :thumb::thumb:

Edited by trickyLS-2racer

I was wondering why you would drag your car alll the way to the challenge just to work on it when you were using it as a display.. Thought that was kinda weird... But on the other hand you had to rob peter to pay paul so to speak.. :D glad your dad got up and runnin and was able to race.. :D

I was actually getting my car back from Trick, They were doing some fine tuning on the shocks and tranny work so it worked out for them to bring the car to the show. And it was a good thing it was there the turnig brake on my dads car had a stripped fitting and we robbed the turning brake from our car so dad could keep on running :shocked2: post-121-1151295569.jpg post-121-1151295521.jpg post-121-1151295444.jpg

Mr joe fab blew the intake off of his motor and the nitro was a burnin' !!!!!!!!!!!

post-121-1151295620.jpg post-121-1151295676.jpg

we were discussing that... if the motor continued to run at all.. the input shaft and bearings are going to be toast so until he tears it apart it might cost him a new tranny... Me and OGP were joking about it while were standing there i kinda said a little louder... I know where you can get one of them there tranny's at a good price.. :D ( OGP's Garage )

Hopefully next year they will move it back to the Orange Show in San Bernardino. The track was twice as long and there was some better racing. Hopefully it will also be better organized so there won't be so much time in between races.

I had a blast!!!!!! The racing was fun to watch and hanging out with my Amigos was the best. The after party at the beach was bitchin. The most fun of the whole adventure was sitting in traffic on the 91 frwy until Nick decided to Run over the sticks blocking the fast lane from the TOLL LANE. iT DOESNT SOUND FUN, bUT YOU ABSOLUTELY HAD TO BE THERE. I have never laughed so hard in my life. :shocked2: :laughoff: :headbang: :headbang: :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

I had a blast!!!!!! The racing was fun to watch and hanging out with my Amigos was the best. The after party at the beach was bitchin. The most fun of the whole adventure was sitting in traffic on the 91 frwy until Nick decided to Run over the sticks blocking the fast lane from the TOLL LANE. iT DOESNT SOUND FUN, bUT YOU ABSOLUTELY HAD TO BE THERE. I have never laughed so hard in my life. :laughoff::laughoff::laughoff::laughoff::laughoff::laughoff::laughoff::laughoff:

Yep, that shiat was hilarious! :laughoff: Eff those sticks f*ker! Mow em down!!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :laughoff: and then a Ford Lightening blasts up next to us then takes off real fast. (probably wanted to race after the black cloud of smoke we left :dunno: ) Tim and Joe ask, "who was that!?" I said, "oh that's the DDR paparatzi!" (sp?) :laughoff::laughoff:

that was a freakin hilarious ride... HAHAHA... i didnt want to mow down those sticks cuz its not my truck so we argued for a few min... everyone got the idea that i was too puzzy to do it... then all of a sudden pete goes after this car GO!!! black smoke screechin tires and off we went... EFF THOSE STICK!!!