pulled the trigger

dunefreak

Well I did it. After recently gaining a whole new appreciation for photography, I bought a new badass telephoto lens for my new Canon 50D camera. :dope: It took alot to take the plunge, but I'm sure I'll love it.

It's the Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Telephoto Zoom Lens, plus I bought a 1.4x extender for more range.

post-3-1236917274_thumb.jpg

post-3-1236917288_thumb.jpg

I'm so stoked. Can't wait to get out and use it. Should be here tomorrow. :beat:

yayahhhh :thumb:

Hey pete,

have you ever thought about parking off of LV BLVD and taking pics of the Thunderbirds this time of year? I do not know if they post their practice schedule or not but yesterday they were practicing and their were no less then 70 cars and 100 photographers lined up all with VERY NICE equipment..... :dope: almost like they have a website for it or something.

Well I did it. After recently gaining a whole new appreciation for photography, I bought a new badass telephoto lens for my new Canon 50D camera. :dope: It took alot to take the plunge, but I'm sure I'll love it.

It's the Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Telephoto Zoom Lens, plus I bought a 1.4x extender for more range.

post-3-1236917274_thumb.jpg

post-3-1236917288_thumb.jpg

I'm so stoked. Can't wait to get out and use it. Should be here tomorrow. :beat:

yayahhhh :bawl:

Good deal Pete, sounds like you're over the $ remorse already, and while you're shooting the the thousands of pics that you'll take over the years with that lens you'll never be burdened with a thought of being equipment handicapped. That alone is worth the $. :thumb:

Congrats Pete ! :dope:

I see a lot of great pics in your future.

Thanks Rob. I really appreciate all your help lately. :beat:

Hey pete,

have you ever thought about parking off of LV BLVD and taking pics of the Thunderbirds this time of year? I do not know if they post their practice schedule or not but yesterday they were practicing and their were no less then 70 cars and 100 photographers lined up all with VERY NICE equipment..... :whoop: almost like they have a website for it or something.

That would be sweet! I haven't put that much thought into the T-birds as of yet. I am still fairly new to the whole photo scene so I'm still taking it all in. It's crazy though how much more of an eye I have had for stuff like this lately. I see something and think how cool of a pic it would be if it were taken just right. :hungry: :thumb:

I am hoping to take plenty of pics at some races, air shows, etc this summer so expect to see some stuff as I learn the new camera and lense. I'm pretty damn excited about it. :bawl:

Good deal Pete, sounds like you're over the $ remorse already, and while you're shooting the the thousands of pics that you'll take over the years with that lens you'll never be burdened with a thought of being equipment handicapped. That alone is worth the $. :beat:

Thanks again Lee as well. Your input has also helped tremendously since you R N 2 it! :dope:

I bought it from B& H and so far I couldn't be happier with their cust svc. :thumb: AMAZON, on the other hand, can effe right off! Long story- I'll get into that later. As for now- I can't wait to take some pics with this thing! :yiah:

:thumb: It's here in town! :beat: I've been tracking this effer by the minute to make sure it gets here before the weekend. :dope: Next day air from NY. :whoop:

LAS VEGAS, NV, US 03/13/2009 6:35 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN :bawl:

ALBUQUERQUE, NM, US 03/13/2009 6:05 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

03/13/2009 4:51 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

LOUISVILLE, KY, US 03/13/2009 3:48 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

03/13/2009 12:59 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

JAMAICA, NY, US 03/12/2009 10:51 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

03/12/2009 9:54 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

MASPETH, NY, US 03/12/2009 9:20 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

03/12/2009 8:30 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN US

03/12/2009 6:15 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

:woo_hoo: It's here in town! :laughing: I've been tracking this effer by the minute to make sure it gets here before the weekend. :freakin_nuts: Next day air from NY. :dayum:

LAS VEGAS, NV, US 03/13/2009 6:35 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN :MBdance:

ALBUQUERQUE, NM, US 03/13/2009 6:05 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

03/13/2009 4:51 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

LOUISVILLE, KY, US 03/13/2009 3:48 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

03/13/2009 12:59 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

JAMAICA, NY, US 03/12/2009 10:51 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

03/12/2009 9:54 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

MASPETH, NY, US 03/12/2009 9:20 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

03/12/2009 8:30 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN US

03/12/2009 6:15 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

next scan will say OUT FOR DELIVERY!!!! in about 30 minutes or so...

Hey pete,

have you ever thought about parking off of LV BLVD and taking pics of the Thunderbirds this time of year? I do not know if they post their practice schedule or not but yesterday they were practicing and their were no less then 70 cars and 100 photographers lined up all with VERY NICE equipment..... :freakin_nuts: almost like they have a website for it or something.

They've been practicing very heavy for the last week and a half, they were prepping for review. The ACC (Air Combat Command) Commander did his yearly approval for their road show yesterday.

They've been practicing very heavy for the last week and a half, they were prepping for review. The ACC (Air Combat Command) Commander did his yearly approval for their road show yesterday.

ya I knew they had been practicing very heavy here latley.

BUt everyone out there had huge SLR cameras... CRazy stuff. not to mention shortly after about 30 jets, bombers and helicopters took off to do some night training.

YIAH! Came in this morning. I can't wait to get out and start shootin with it. :hatdance:

wow, this thing is huge with the hood and extender installed! :woo_hoo: :freakin_nuts:

post-3-1236976207_thumb.jpg

post-3-1236976242_thumb.jpg

Dude, is that a granite top on your tool box?? :laughing:

I would call him CAPTAIN FUN BUCKS :dayum: wipes his azz w/ hundered dollar bills :woo_hoo:

:freakin_nuts: j/k CONGRATS looked bad azz

Last time this was brought up he said he wasn't ready to pull a hundred smackers out his ayaass, probably just looked like a wipe. :MBdance::laughing:

post-1632-1237065243_thumb.jpg

ya I knew they had been practicing very heavy here latley.

BUt everyone out there had huge SLR cameras... CRazy stuff. not to mention shortly after about 30 jets, bombers and helicopters took off to do some night training.

Yesterday ended a three week long Red Flag exercise.