snapping your driveshaft off out at D

dunefreak

ok Aaron. Here it is. :shake:

Sounds like a bad thing right? Well, it turned out to be not such a bad thing for Aaron. :laughoff:

He was leaving Banshee Hill after the races, got some wheel hop in his 2WD Suburban, then lots of bad noises. :driver::headbang1: Snap goes the driveline.

A guy towed him up to the hard back, then he came and got us to tow him to camp. So whats the good part? Sanddunesaddict was able to come out and rescue him with a tow truck so that meant he was able to have a few beers and kick it with all of us and spent the night out at Dumont instead of going home. :DDRrocks::MBdance: It also meant I didn't have to load my bikes up in the back of my truck too since I ended up towing his flatbed trailer home. I just threw the bikes on the trailer. :driver: You know Bert was lovin that tow truck too. :bert: :pissed:

Glad it wasn't that big of a situation, Aaron. :rockwoot:

Now for the pics. :stir: :pissed:

normal_P3140072.JPG

normal_P3140073.JPG

normal_P3140078.JPG

normal_P3140083.JPG

normal_P3140087.JPG

normal_P3140082.JPG

PETE!!!!LMAO!!I knew this one was coming.I love how you made sure to snap one more pic when we were leaving :laughoff: Oh man that turned out to be a great thing.I had a hell of a good time after all that happened.I forgot about it pretty quick after all the beers :rockwoot: You know as well as I do bert was loving every minute of it.That tow truck got 13mpg with my big POS on its back.Vegasstyle is lucky bert let off at potassi cuz we had his a$$ even with the burb on our back!!! :DDRrocks: Oh that was funny.Dont forget to PM me all those sweet pics you took.

ok Aaron. Here it is. :driver:

Sounds like a bad thing right? Well, it turned out to be not such a bad thing for Aaron. :laughoff:

He was leaving Banshee Hill after the races, got some wheel hop in his 2WD Suburban, then lots of bad noises. :pissed::headbang1: Snap goes the driveline.

A guy towed him up to the hard back, then he came and got us to tow him to camp. So whats the good part? Sanddunesaddict was able to come out and rescue him with a tow truck so that meant he was able to have a few beers and kick it with all of us and spent the night out at Dumont instead of going home. :DDRrocks::MBdance: It also meant I didn't have to load my bikes up in the back of my truck too since I ended up towing his flatbed trailer home. I just threw the bikes on the trailer. :driver: You know Bert was lovin that tow truck too. :bert: :pissed:

Glad it wasn't that big of a situation, Aaron. :rockwoot:

normal_P3140082.JPG

Hard to tell by the pic but if your diff angle is straight with your driveshaft + lift block and no links it doesn't take much hop the do the axle wrap thing.

i was expecting a little better run from you guys.....

Govenor shuts the truck off at 75.

I was only half throttle.I set the cruise at 55-60 pretty much the whole way home.It did not slow down up Potosi.

That new 5500 Dodge is impressive.

That sucks Aaron!! Cool Bert came to the rescue!!!! I wish Bert liked me when I shattered my driveline!! :rockwoot:

When did you break a driveline??

well Aaron....i wouldnt have met you if it wasnt for you misfortune!! easy fix....this thread speaks volumes of the quality of peeps here on this board

It does speak volumes about the quality of friends I have surrounded myself with over the years.Its situations like this when you find out how good of friends you really have.Im lucky to have these guys around I know that for sure :rockwoot: Even though bert had to drive that tow truck out there to rescue me I know he totally enjoyed driving it and playing with all the stuff on it :hatdance: We had a good drive home too.For all that went wrong with the burb it couldnt have been a better end result.Thanks again for everyone who helped me out there.

Edited by Sand_700R

After chasing some parts and about $300+ the burban is back on the road.The $300 was almost all parts.I got hooked up cheap on labor.I got it back on thursday.Next trip im rollin in the 4wd yukon.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Good to read it all worked out.

We have the AAA premium RV/MC membership.

Gives you 230 miles of towing per incident, several time a year,, X 4 if the wife in on the membership too.

Worth looking into.

Would AC DC be the guys to call I wonder?

What a relief to see them make it to your location.