3-27-09 trip reports

Randog

Lets hear your stories.... :grin:

Here's some of ours:

Some of our peeps got there Thursday morning. They said it blew pretty dang hard all day.

I got there Thursday night, and the weather was perfect from then till I left Sunday morning. :bowdown:

Dunes were smooth all day Friday. They started getting rougher but never got too hammered.

It seemed like we all just kinda keep it mellow for the most part all weekend. Not too crazy.

Lou b's ATC pooped. :dayum: but his car ran awesome. :grin::rockwoot:

KRUSTY was beatin' his car up pretty good this trip. :grin:

Tore a bung out of his rear hub and had to weld it up.

Then stuffed the front end and cracked both his front wheels. :clap:

Stu had a trans bearing start screaming on him.

KRUSTY had an extra bearing, so he welded up a slide hammer gadget, welded it to the bad bearing, and yanked it out.

Tapped the new one in and BOOya, Good as new.

Urkel's car had no problems. Who knew? He lead a great run too, think it was one of his first times leading. :clap:

A long lost buddy Mark Walker brought his new car out for the first time. It did great and It was awesome to have you out with us again Mark. :laughoff:

Ricky Crow brought new car out for the first time too.

All was good till his car caught on fire Sunday morning.

I was sleepin' and all I heard was :shout: "get a fire extinguisher quick. get a fire extinguisher quick." :duniemonkie: No major damage, so he'll be runnin' again soon.

I managed to keep all my toys in one piece. :D

I did stuff the YFZ into a witch-eye and jammed my wrist. I didn't stop but my wrist is a little swollen and sore. :hello:

Had sunblock on Saturday and still got too much sun on the scalp. :kitty:

If anyone here knows Jeff, Please post how he's doing. :( He had a rough day yesterday to say the least. :thumb: I seen a DDR sticker on the back door of a toy hauler in his camp as I was pullin' out today.

I didn't get many pics, but I ran the GoPro on every sandcar run. :randog:

Here's a video I just made and uploaded onto YouTube. my ATC70 was running great. :old:

:dope:

I'll work on a sandcar video soon.

The quality is much better on my computer than on YouTube. :dayum:

How was your weekend?

R-

Edited by Randog

Randy, what happened to Lou's 70? And more on the fire..... Dog, we need to go out Easter and actually plan a shoot of some wheelie jumps, if we can get pics like we do just winging it should get some killer pics if we plan it. Engine is done and going in moho tomorrow.

:hello: Nice lil vid you got there Randog. :rockwoot: I like all the sand that was on your helemt when you got back. :kitty: :clap: Man that thing sure scoots! I gotta get some motor work done to mine. yiah!

Wish I could have chilled with you and the crew this weekend. Sounds like it was a fun weekend as usual with the mANgs. :laughoff:

Damn what up with KRUSTY? Was he trying to prove something or what? :clown: :bowdown:

Who was this Jeff guy and what happened to him? :thumb:

Arrived Friday night and went over to comp hill, raced up and back down with my buddy once. Got ready and went up a second time, the way back down my left rear tire came off and I drug the axle to a stop!

I didn't crash because it was really dark out and I wasn't familiar with the terrain yet so I was only doing about 20 mph. We found that the axle nut came off because I forgot to cotter pin the nuts when I cleaned the carrier bearings from the last trip. :laughoff:

Time for my buddy to go back to camp and unhook to give me a ride back in his truck. Just then some peeps left their campfires and I was able to kick back with my ipod and enjoy myself until he got back.

Saturday morning we went to vendor row and tried to locate an axle nut but not one to fit the Honda. We met Don and Ellen the camp hosts, very nice people. :hello:

Ellen got the phone book out for Puhrump and hooked us up with some numbers to call for the local shops.

We arrived in Nevada at the Ace hardware and scored a nut to get me by. Three hours later we were back at camp and firing up the bikes for a ride. :hatdance:

Haulin' bacon through the dunes on the way to the :rockwoot: about half way there I crested and went over a little too fast :thumb: and ended up doing some gymnastics and karate rolls on the other side with my bike making some moves of it's own. :kitty:

I got up and looked around to see a group of folks taking a break that must have witnessed the whole thing! :bowdown::clap:

I got back on the bike unscathed and hauled arse to catch up with my buddies. Made it to the pole to enjoy a beverage and repair my splintering flag whip. As usual, I'm really sore from riding so hard and a bit sunburned but the dunes were awesome this weekend! I can't wait to get back.....

Edited by sandtoys0@yahoo.com

I rolled in on thursday morning. Brought the Family. :bowdown:

Thursday was windy as Hell. But was able to get some riding in.

Friday moring met up with Randog and crew. Went for a nice run through the dunes. First time trying to keep up with rails and trying to keep up with Andy. One hell of a rider :atc: :atc: .

Friday was a killer day no wind perfect temperature. Killer day.

Relaxed with the family Friday night and hit two more runs Saturday morning. Had a Party we Had to attend to. If I did not run out of beer I would have talke the wife into staying. :hello:

Ther was no wind at all firday. I tried to fly my daughters kite and it would not stay up. Can you believe it :laughoff:

Great trip hopefully we make it out for Easter. Temp should be great.

Here is a few pics. Hopefully the system dont go down again after posting all pics up.

:rockwoot:

Randy, what happened to Lou's 70? And more on the fire..... Dog, we need to go out Easter and actually plan a shoot of some wheelie jumps, if we can get pics like we do just winging it should get some killer pics if we plan it. Engine is done and going in moho tomorrow.

Don't know your financial situation to say you're a dollar short, But you are defiantly a day late Lee. :(

I think the whole group is done for the season. A planned shoot with you behind the lens would be the schizzzz yo. :foshizz:

:dayum: Nice lil vid you got there Randog. :laughoff: I like all the sand that was on your helemt when you got back. :clap::lol: Man that thing sure scoots! I gotta get some motor work done to mine. yiah!

Wish I could have chilled with you and the crew this weekend. Sounds like it was a fun weekend as usual with the mANgs. :thumb:

Damn what up with KRUSTY? Was he trying to prove something or what? :clown: :kitty:

Who was this Jeff guy and what happened to him? :grin:

:clap: Yeah, I went head first as I also stuffed the GoPro cam into the sand as well.

Oh you know KRUSTY :clown: :lol::lol:

Jeff and Stu collided. Jeff was at a disadvantage being he was on a quad. I hope he's doing OK. :hello: He had a collapsed lung and was having a tough time breathing after he came to.

There was some great teamwork from many peeps to get him stable and out of the dunes. Urckel, Rick Crow, Lou B, Paramedics, and many of Jeff's buddies helped.

Arrived Friday night and went over to comp hill, raced up and back down with my buddy once. Got ready and went up a second time, the way back down my left rear tire came off and I drug the axle to a stop!

I didn't crash because it was really dark out and I wasn't familiar with the terrain yet so I was only doing about 20 mph. We found that the axle nut came off because I forgot to cotter pin the nuts when I cleaned the carrier bearings from the last trip. :dayum:

Time for my buddy to go back to camp and unhook to give me a ride back in his truck. Just then some peeps left their campfires and I was able to kick back with my ipod and enjoy myself until he got back.

Saturday morning we went to vendor row and tried to locate an axle nut but not one to fit the Honda. We met Don and Ellen the camp hosts, very nice people. :grin:

Ellen got the phone book out for Puhrump and hooked us up with some numbers to call for the local shops.

We arrived in Nevada at the Ace hardware and scored a nut to get me by. Three hours later we were back at camp and firing up the bikes for a ride. :hatdance:

Haulin' bacon through the dunes on the way to the :rockwoot: about half way there I crested and went over a little too fast :grin: and ended up doing some gymnastics and karate rolls on the other side with my bike making some moves of it's own. :dope: I got up and looked around to see a group of folks taking a break that must have witnessed the whole thing! :dope::clap:

I got back on the bike unscathed and hauled arse to catch up with my buddies. Made it to the pole to enjoy a beverage and repair my splintering flag whip. As usual, I'm really sore from riding so hard and a bit sunburned but the dunes were awesome this weekend! I can't wait to get back.....

Wow Rick,

I should follow you with a video camera next time. :lol::pics:

You're an animal. :bowdown::old:

Glad you managed to have a good time throughout your episodes. :clap:

R-

Hey Randog!!! I watched your video on U-tube...I'm sorry to say but it was a LITTLE boring.. By the way...you spelled Ouch wrong.....LOL..

Thanks for the red cups...... Watch your back...We will retaliate!!! :guns:

Hey Randog!!! I watched your video on U-tube...I'm sorry to say but it was a LITTLE boring.. By the way...you spelled Ouch wrong.....LOL..

Thanks for the red cups...... Watch your back...We will retaliate!!! :guns:

:bowdown: What's U-tube???? :laughoff: :kitty:

:rockwoot:

What cups? :hello:........ :thumb: brown chicken, brown cow... :clap::old::dayum:

great weekend got in friday morning, posted up about a hundrd yards south of #5, weather was great!

had a great weekend, got some good rides in. made a quik video, mostly hero cam stuff, a couple of pics.

i didnt proof read very well so nevermind some missing letters!

randy, great 70 vid!, i had the 70 with me but never put the damn camera on it, oh well. that crash was great! i have a video that ends with me breaking my camera mount, then i spent 5 minutes thinking my camera was in the sand somewhere, until i found it sitting by my front bumper mount, damn thing never made it to the ground, i thought i ran it over and buried it!

http://s111.photobucket.com/albums/n127/jj...t32709_0001.flv

Edited by SKINNER

SKINNER,

Your video is awesome dude. :dunno:

Great job man. :dunno:

Thanks for sharin'

Heck yeah jakster, always good chillin' with ya man. :laughing:

We shoulda done that qWad ride. Next time, no doubt. :mc::mc:

Ohhh yeah, We couldn't seem to hide from this guy all weekend.

He found us in the dunes almost every run. :laughoff:

RandyVW in the house lady's and gentleman.

post-591-1238484364_thumb.jpg

R-

Edited by Randog

He found us in the dunes almost every run. :laughing:

R-

:dunno::dunno:

Ain't that the truth. You'll be sitting there chillen in the dunes with nobody around, then when you look behind you BAM! Fuggin randyvw is sitting right there. :ah: "Holy crap where'd he come from and how long has he been there?" :grin::think::laughoff: He should change his screen name to houdini-vw! Not sure how he pulls it off.

SKINNER,

Your video is awesome dude. :dunno:

Great job man. :grin:

Thanks for sharin'

Heck yeah jakster, always good chillin' with ya man. :laughing:

We shoulda done that qWad ride. Next time, no doubt. :mc::mc:

He found us in the dunes almost every run. :dunno:

R-

Yiah Randog, Was looking for ya in the morning. To me about 9ish didnt see your rail. Maybe it was still too early for me. Seems like you had a good run on the quad that day and messed up the wrist. Hows it doing. See if I went with ya you coulda blamed it on me. Its funny you mentioned to me you didn't want to get to crazy on the Quad and hurt yourself. Seems you were thinking about it too much. Hellz Ya next time.

Its funny Yall mentioned Whodini VW. He has done the same to me. Sitting out at the North Pole nobody around. Getting ready to leave and Bam pops out of no where all alone. Shiat. :laughoff:

Don't know your financial situation to say you're a dollar short, But you are defiantly a day late Lee. :(

I think the whole group is done for the season. A planned shoot with you behind the lens would be the schizzzz yo. :foshizz:

:pics: Yeah, I went head first as I also stuffed the GoPro cam into the sand as well.

Oh you know KRUSTY :clown: :lol::lol:

Jeff and Stu collided. Jeff was at a disadvantage being he was on a quad. I hope he's doing OK. :finger: He had a collapsed lung and was having a tough time breathing after he came to.

There was some great teamwork from many peeps to get him stable and out of the dunes. Urckel, Rick Crow, Lou B, Paramedics, and many of Jeff's buddies helped.

Wow Rick,

I should follow you with a video camera next time. :crash::pics:

You're an animal. :dope::lol:

Glad you managed to have a good time throughout your episodes. :clap:

R-

Jeff is doing OK. He's on his way home from Las Vagas hospital this evening. He has a broken neck, back, shoulder blade, 9 ribs and a collapsed lung. I personally want to thank everyone that helped out and a huge thanks to Rick for holding his neck till the paramedics came.

Mark

Jeff is doing OK. He's on his way home from Las Vagas hospital this evening. He has a broken neck, back, shoulder blade, 9 ribs and a collapsed lung. I personally want to thank everyone that helped out and a huge thanks to Rick for holding his neck till the paramedics came.

Mark

WOW! here's to a speedy and full recovery!!! and gettin back out there as soon as possible! :dope:

Mark

whoa :dope:

I hope Jeff recovers quickly and is back to 100% soon. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help!

Mark

Wow Mark,

Jeff got hurt worse than we all thought. :(

He was in some serious pain. very sad.

I'm glad to hear he's headed home. :dope:

Thanks for the report, and please keep us posted on his recovery.

Let him know we're all pullin' for him.

R-

:dunno: Yeah, I went head first as I also stuffed the GoPro cam into the sand as well.

Oh you know KRUSTY :clown: :hungry: :driver:

Jeff and Stu collided. Jeff was at a disadvantage being he was on a quad. I hope he's doing OK. :loser: He had a collapsed lung and was having a tough time breathing after he came to.

Wow Rick,

I should follow you with a video camera next time. :blink::dope:

You're an animal. :lol::dunno:

Glad you managed to have a good time throughout your episodes. :censored:

R-

HELLO

HELLO

Hi flexgyrl,

:loser: What do you mean by HELLO? :lol: Not really sure.

Are you Jeff's wife?

If so, I was bringing Rick back to camp in my car and we stopped to let you guys (on the quad) know that Jeff was in my buddy's buggy on his way to the ambulance.

How's he doing?

Welcome to DDR too.

R-

Wow Mark,

Jeff got hurt worse than we all thought. :(

He was in some serious pain. very sad.

I'm glad to hear he's headed home. :lol:

Thanks for the report, and please keep us posted on his recovery.

Let him know we're all pullin' for him.

R-

Hi! This is Jeffs wife. I just want to start by thanking everyone from the bottom of my heart for pulling together and helping my husband after the crash. Words cannot describe how much I appreciate all of you! I dont know your faces but just know I am very greatfull to all of you! Thankyou fro taking care of my Jeff! we are blessd with such great friends and to those who's faces I dont know, but helped my husband! Thankyou! He is home now and recovering. Still in pain, but recovering. Like my buddy Mark said, he suffered 9 broken ribs, broken scapula,fractured lower spine area, lower neck, and a colapsed lung. It was a long week at the hospital and I was worried and scared for him! We had great deal of support form our freinds and family! he is doing awesome! so he is now recovering remarkably! the doctors told me whoever assessed the situation did a fanatasic job. This is why he is where he is today! Rick- by buddies told me how much you helped my husband termendously by taking care of him as well. My buddies, triggs,Mark, Justin, Mike, Maiko- I love you guys! Again, to those who I dont know, Thankyou!!! It gives me such an awesome feeling to know there are wonderful people out there and we can all come together in a time of need!! Even if we never met! BTW! Will this stop him from doing something he loves! No way! Warmly, XOXO