New Rock Crawler

Sandpirates2

:ah: Pulled the boat out this morning and found this in the garage, apparently the boat tire got him....biggest one I've found so far. I thought I heard "thump thump" when pulling the trailer....

post-3623-1241357790_thumb.jpg

SP2 Mike :dumbass:

:thumb: Yeah, live in Boulder City, my backyard backs up against the Lake Mead NRA, against the mountains as your coming down 93 towards the Dam. We find them a lot, but usually not this big. Weve killed 4 or 5 this year.

SP2 Mike :dumbass:

yikes! That thing is huge. :ah: Glad that effer is dead now and you didn't find it stuck to your :thumb: instead. lol

:dumbass: :booty: ....dammmm that is the biggest one i have seen my self... :ah: :ah:

It's an Aracnia. <<<<i can't spell that and spell check has know idea what the hell I spelling either. :beercheers: Anyway it's in the spider family. Just like Crabs and Lobsters. So sure, I guess you could if you wanted. Survivor Man does.

I've only seen one bigger than that sucker. it was outside boulder city by the water treatment plant. It was crawling up my friends leg :ah: We actually caught the thing and kept it for a while.

I got nailed by one in the forearm last year at my buddies pool. (huh, same guy that had it crawling up his leg, funny) That one was only about an inch long but it made my whole arm throb in a dull but searing pain. I havent been stung by two many things so its hard to describe. But the pain lasted for a little over three hours which kind of tripped me out.

i got stung multiple times by wasps...th4ey like to hang out in my backyard because of the proximity of a water source (pool)

i was trimming my phoenix robilinis, and, "hmmmm that sure is a strange buzzing sound" followed by me waving the shears wildly and accompanied by a long line of

$@#^%^&%$#$$@#$#@$%$%&^&$%%$$%

i was swollen up like a fuggin pumpkin for about 2 hours....little fuggers

I got awakened last night by my wife screaming,she was letting the dogs out about 1:30 AM and stepped on one of those bastards by the back door. They do cause a lot of pain for several hours but it eventually stops about 3-4 hours in. I have been stung 3 times in my own bed(got rid of my water bed because of those things) She has now been stung twice both times near the back door. Everybody in Las Vegas has them it's just a matter of time and looking for them that you find them. Palm Canyon had a huge lawsuit several years ago as the developer bought loads of Palm Trees in from AZ. that were not sprayed down and they had a infestation all over the area. Slowly they moved across the freeway and now are all over section 19 in Henderson where I live. Due to the large yards they have lots of places to hide and this is the time of year they really start coming out.

BTW that thing is about the biggest one I have ever seen.The one that got her last night was about 3-4 inches total.

I got awakened last night by my wife screaming,she was letting the dogs out about 1:30 AM and stepped on one of those bastards by the back door. They do cause a lot of pain for several hours but it eventually stops about 3-4 hours in. I have been stung 3 times in my own bed(got rid of my water bed because of those things) She has now been stung twice both times near the back door. Everybody in Las Vegas has them it's just a matter of time and looking for them that you find them. Palm Canyon had a huge lawsuit several years ago as the developer bought loads of Palm Trees in from AZ. that were not sprayed down and they had a infestation all over the area. Slowly they moved across the freeway and now are all over section 19 in Henderson where I live. Due to the large yards they have lots of places to hide and this is the time of year they really start coming out.

BTW that thing is about the biggest one I have ever seen.The one that got her last night was about 3-4 inches total.

Yep, I've also noticed it depends on what your yard is like. This "desert landscaping" thats so popular around here obviously atracts desert animals and these bastards are deffinately desert animals. The bad thing is is that scorpions are one of the few animals that dont clean themselves. So spraying poison is to get rid of them is pretty much useless unless your spraying to kill they're food source.

The good thing is though, besides the temporary pain they are pretty much harmless and cant kill a healthy adult. old persons and babies im not so sure about, but i would assume it would be about the same as a black widow bite

i was swollen up like a fuggin pumpkin for about 2 hours....little fuggers

By the looks of it you've been swollen for the past 10 years. :beercheers:

Why do you keep giving me suck great material to work with. :beercheers: Oh and thanks for the little punchline drummer dude Pete. :laughing:

By the looks of it you've been swollen for the past 10 years. :laughoff:

Why do you keep giving me suck great material to work with. :thumb: Oh and thanks for the little punchline drummer dude Pete. :thumb:

:blink::lol:

You like that guy too eh? :smoker: "bu-dump-ssshh" :thumb: no prob ;)

biggest i've seen too. caught a couple when i was a teen, but they were half that size at best.

got bit by a black widow when i was younger.. twice. put me in the hospital both times. hate them effers.

talking about black widows i just got bitten for the second time on thursday 4/30/09 :ah: :ah: ....i got bitten 3 times 2times on the knee and one in back of my leg good thing i pulled down my pants fast if not i would of gotten bitten on my :blink::lol: :smoker: :thumb: .....that b**ch was inside my pants,no effect just stinging for this time ....but the first time i got bitten (in my forehead)that b**ch got my face all swollen and put me in the hospital all night :thumb: .....the thing that sucks is that i got bitten two time already and i am not spiderman yet..... :thumb::thumb::laughoff:

IDK if you have them in Cali, im 99% sure we don't have them in Vegas, but the HUGE copper colored Wasps. I got stung on my ear lobe by 3 of those mothers.... I didn't swell up but, my head felt like Ghost Rider for like 2 days.

thats called a taranchula wasp

Taranchula Hawk. It is a wasp. This wasp has a rather unique way to spread its species. During the day it acts like any other wasp and feeds on flower nectar. At night it seeks out taranchula's burrows. It uses its feelers to entice the taranchula out. Sometimes the taranchula is too smart for it and won't come out. However if the taranchula is not smart it will come out. And a amazing dance ensues. If the wasp gets the better of the taranchula then it stings the taranchula until its docile. However it does not kill it. It then goes into the taranchula's burrow and does some rearranging and house cleaning. Mainly taking some rocks and dirt out and clearing the opening more. Once its done with the house cleaning the wasp stings the taranchula some more to make sure it stays docile and deposits it back into the burrow. The wasp leaves a little surprise however for the taranchula. There is an egg left on the the taranchula or in the burrow and when the larvae hatches it has a nice large meal to begin its life.

I had one of those :blury: things drop on my head. I was opening the garage and by the time I made it to the door itself it was almost all the way up. Well the little Effer was hanging on the rubber part at the bottom of the door and decided to let go as soon as i walked under :ah: . Didnt realize what was sliding down my chest until it hit the ground with a thud and ran away. Made me itch and feel like something was crawling on me and biting me for a few hours.