Headpipe Question

da_burgh

I just installed the Curtis Sparks X6 headpipe and exhaust on my 700 R. The stock heat shield is useless and I don't want to use header tape. I've called Quad Tech and some other carbon fiber manufacturers but they don't make them.

Do you guys know of any local businesses that can fabricate a heat shield or coat the headpipe w/ some sort of heat retardant?

just gotta weld the bungs on the head pipe so you can screw the heat shield to it.. :D besides unless its right next to your calf they are over rated anyhow.. :D

You said bung!!!! :redhat: :laughing:

FYI. did you know that the bunghole was the big hole with a cork in it on the side of the liquor barrels they used back in the day? if you didnt, now you do. whoever reads this will be a little smarter now. or at least a little more educated. now to find a big liquor barrel so i can tap that bunghole. :redhat:

You said bung!!!! :laughing::flipoff:

Someone need TP? :fro:

FYI. did you know that the bunghole was the big hole with a cork in it on the side of the liquor barrels they used back in the day? if you didnt, now you do. whoever reads this will be a little smarter now. or at least a little more educated. now to find a big liquor barrel so i can tap that bunghole. :redhat:

WOW, you guys are a huge help! :slap::flipoff::thumb::slap:

I think about the simplest way is to use some headder wrap but you'll hear people talk down on it... a coating isnt gunna keep you from melting off a layer of skin or two...

I see you too have a Sparks exhaust..thats what I run in my 660 worked great in the sand works great everywhere auctually...there not to happy with it where I ride back here in North Carolina...