Got my rail!!

scott

Well, the car was delivered this morning. :woo_hoo:

I cant believe how big it looks in the garage. I took one spin around the block in the passenger seat and that was enough!!!! It is CRAZY FAST!!!! :idea::grin:

The former owner took me on a get to know it run around the block on some cheesy wheels/worn tires that he borrowed... I didn't even want to drive it after that! He got on the gas and I could swear the front wheels were off the ground and he barely got it into the power band. It hits hard! After the spin around the block, we put it in the garage and put the paddles on it. I cant wait to take it to the sand! Next week I should have a new set of 15x7 bead locks with 35x12.50 d*ck Cepek/ Micky Thompson Fun Country 2's and I will take it for another spin..

I will take some pics shortly..

Right on, Scott! ALL I have to say is BE CAREFUL!!!!!....EXTREMELY CAREFUL!!!! :idea:

Get to know that car well before you get aggresive at all with it in the dunes.

Congratulations, man! :grin::woo_hoo:

I would definitely agee.Just remember

SAFETY FIRST AND BE CAREFUL

Careful I will be!!! About 12 years back I flew off the top of a dune wide open at Pismo by mistake.. I was on a quad and very fortunatly I landed on all four wheels flat at the bottom of a 30-40 ft dune.. I never crashed but was very sore and pretty frightened. I remember screaming ohh $hit once I was airbourn and realized what had happened.

Frankly, even since then, the dunes kind of scare me... At least to the point that I am VERY cautious and try read the terrain much more carefully... Not to mention that I ride much slower.. I am sure it will be pretty easy to take it easy with the car since the power by itself is enough to scare the hell out of me. I am sure I will be laughing like there is no tomorrow on my first several runs!

I got my off road wheels and tires and installed my GPS. I made a small bracket to mount the GPS antenna above one of the lights. It worked out pretty well. I need to clean the bracket up a bit and polish it or paint it to match the light.

Here are some pics.

post-637-1151266734.jpg

post-637-1151266822.jpg

Here are some pics of the off road tires on the car. I drove it around the block this morning and it is definately too fast for the street. Red line comes extremely fast once it hits boost! :shocked2: I cant believe how fast it is!

post-637-1151280670.jpg

post-637-1151280705.jpg

how much did the set of tires and rims cost ya

I could have got the tires off Ebay for $670 delivered but I ended up paying $800 mounted and balanced including tax from my local tire dealer whom I have an account with. I didn't want to wait an extra week for them to cross the country and I did not want to deal with mounting the tires to the rims. Too many bolts to torque!

I bought the 16x7 bead lock rims from Joe at Fullerton Sand Sport for about $800. He has always taken great care of me when I needed sand tires and rims for the quads and I was thrilled to know that was carrying the BTR rims and at a very competive price. If you ever need rims or sand tires, I highly recommend him!

Edited by scott