thinking outloud

Vegas250rr

has anyone ever seen a F-250 diesel 4x4 truck in the dunes on paddles? Now that I am packin a little more umpphhhh... I would love to see if I can climb a hill or two... before I tried with the mudders and got about 30' and sank... it was quite depressing, too much torque and not enough speed.

Its all different now though

Smokincopy.jpg

Please take into consideration that, you might reck or roll your daily driver.

Then what? Just a thought.

\

yeah, I am not talkin about getting crazy... I just want to do some climbing on some rollers... you wouldnt catch me trying anything big :D ... Believe me, I know what I paid for my truck! and it didn't come easy.

8.jpg

has anyone ever seen a F-250 diesel 4x4 truck in the dunes on paddles? Now that I am packin a little more umpphhhh... I would love to see if I can climb a hill or two... before I tried with the mudders and got about 30' and sank... it was quite depressing, too much torque and not enough speed.

what was your air pressure at?

mudders arent best for the sand anyhow.. I duned my sonoma best on the stock a$$ street tires. The A/T's were nice but they dug a lil too much sometimes making the truck work quite a bit harder.. Just my 2 cents. :D

yep, you get the best flotation out of street tires or all terrains aired down

I never dropped the pressure, I had to tow out of Rasor and didnt have a compresser on hand to fill back up for the trip out.... I just thought it would be kinda cool to throw on some paddles for a few minutes.

Well in that case if you aired down to 10psi or so you probably would have gone right to the top. It's amazing the traction you get with a drop in air pressure. :D

I'd be kinda worried about breaking drivetrain components though with paddles on there. That's alot of hook.

I'd be kinda worried about breaking drivetrain components though with paddles on there. That's alot of hook.

I am sure that its less traction than at the drag strip, 4x4 launches at 1600 RPM give a nice chirp then a jump and gone

You would be surprised at how much hook and power are robbed from putting a set of paddles on a truck. Personally unless you built a monster and have it all setup trophy truck style like SDHQ did with thier pre-runner f-250 i wouldnt put paddles on it. A nice set of a/t's aired down will get you just about anywhere you need to go.

Duning an 8000lb truck is never a good idea, it doesn't matter what tires you put on it.

Well here's my $0.02. I have duned my 8200lb diesel all over Dumont. Was is stupid? Maybe. Did I have fun? Hell yeah! As long as you don't get stooopid you can have a lot of fun. No worse than taking a 4x4 offroad, you always have a chance of breaking something. Now that being said, I have learned that its sometimes not a good idea to play in the dunes with your ride home. Its best to leave the tow rig at camp so that you and your family can get back home without any problems. Oh yeah and on my 38's aired done to around 20lbs I had no trouble going anywhere, even raced some quads up banshee hill. :dunno: