110 fuel ...or NAVGAS

JasonR

avgas is not illeagle for the street and were talking about sand rails (off road )

avgas availability i didnt have much trouble

avegas lubrication ?? total myth not dryer the lead content is plenty for "earthbound" vehicles

avegas weight if it is lighter its because they dont add all those chemicals into it.

avgas does not cause lean burn again another myth

avgas can easily power 800 + hp on the ground or more and cheaper than the race fuel

bob, you didnt get my point. the bottom line is that all the guys who fly race planes, they dont use avgas, but racing fuel, so why should sandrails? avgas is just about only available at small airports and most have been instructed not to sell it unless for airplanes(been that way for years). yes, it is drier that other gas, it is lighter and you should richen jets to avoid detention. avgas is rated at altitude, not sea level. this is what I know, you know what you know. dont be hatin. :dunno:

this is a quote from wikpedia.

Avgas properties and varieties

The main petroleum component used in blending avgas is alkylate, which is essentially a mixture of various isooctanes, and some refineries also use some reformate. Avgas has a density of 6.02 lb/US gallon at 15 °C, or 0.72 kg/l, and this density is commonly used for weight and balance computation. Density increases to 6.40 lb/US gallon at -40 °C, and decreases by about 0.5% per 5 °C increase in temperature.[1] Avgas has an emission coefficient (or factor) of 18.355 pounds CO2 per US gallon,[2][3] or about 3.05 units of weight CO2 produced per unit weight of fuel used. Avgas has a lower and more uniform vapor pressure than automotive gasoline, which keeps it in the liquid state at high-altitude, preventing vapor lock. The particular mixtures in use today are the same as when they were first developed in the 1950s and 1960s, and therefore the high-octane ratings are achieved by the addition of tetra-ethyl lead (TEL), a highly toxic substance that was phased out for car use in most countries in the late 20th century.

Avgas is currently available in several grades with differing maximum lead concentrations. Since TEL is a rather expensive additive, a minimum amount of it is typically added to the fuel to bring it up to the required octane rating so actual concentrations are often lower than the maximum.

now back to what i was saying about myths, this is the same fuel used on ground vehicles "it is the same fuel " low lead rating is because they took out a lil lead and took the octain rating from 105 to 107 and dropped it to 100 octane. anybody that dynos there car on the wrong fuel is asking for trouble. avgas has nothing to do with it. tune your car on avgas or tune your car on race fuel or pump gas . you start mixing and your inviting trouble . oxygen sensors are commonly removed on high performance applications such as sandrails. so it doesnt apply.

avgas is not some speacial fuel it is effing 1970s "ethyl " gasoline with a lil lead removed to drop octain rating

race plains dont use it because there running huge hp there bigger motors and need more lead for cooling and higher octain. ground based vehicles in most performance applications have no need for that much.

till you push 900 hp or higher.

the first "unleaded" motors could run lead fuel. the only difference they made was hardend valve seats !!!

because lead helped keep this high heat area cool. hardened valve seats aloud more heat at the valve seats to do away with the need for cooling by the lead.also dropping compression because of the missing lead and lower octain rating. thats why the 70s and 80s big blocks only had like 180 hp :clap:

theres no mystry here, they are 4 stroke motors. in the air and on land. you could take your "race plain" land it at a chevron and fuel up on automotive 105 ethyl gasoline in the 70s same fuel same fuel same fuel

btw: don, kerosene is deisel fuel that doesnt have all the impurities filtered out. and back when the world still made sense kerosene was vastly cheaper. and there was several stations busted in barstow ca for selling kerosene for deisel. they got caught because the filters were plugging up and blowing the tips out of the injectors. from impurities. not because it is a different fuel.

side note: why do you think bert wont comment? and pete is laughing ?? because neither want to type all this info. and the myths you guys believe is comical. :blink:

of course if you still refuse to believe and hold on to your "myths" i guess ill go explain it to berts dog. i heard he at least listens !!!! :dunno:

Edited by barefoot bob

i have come to the conclusion that i need to talk to berts dog about this. im wasting my time :blink:

i love ya don but dam son !!!!!

I'll quit it now. I was just messing with ya Bob and ya kept taking the bait! Man I really hope I'll be able to get out to the dunes this season. We have had some really good runs and I am jonesing to do it again. :dunno:

Damn I am gone for 3 days and this blows up.

I am going to run methane gas from my a$$ on my new car because its unleaded so it wont hurt the o2 sensors and the octane rating is through the roof.

I should be able to run about 60 PSI of boost with it!!!!

I cant wait!!!! You effers are in trouble.

I am going to run methane gas from my a$$ on my new car because its unleaded so it wont hurt the o2 sensors and the octane rating is through the roof.

LOL BERT.. you cant do that methane if only good for 3000' and above meant for B-1 bombers only as their engines are tuned for that ..... pffffftttt :beercheers: :headspin: :laughoff:

what kills me is an airplane engine uses the MOST horsepower for take off!!!! :dope::whoop: but what do I know :P:P :DDR:

glad your back can i sit with your dog ???? :DDRrocks: :pumpkin: :pumpkin: