110 fuel ...or NAVGAS

JasonR

Anyone here know where to purchase 110 fuel at a good price???

I live in apple valley..30 miles south of barstow

also..anyone know about running "NAVGAS" (airplane fuel) in their cars...i was told that you can run aviation fuel in it and its cheaper..is this a true...let me know...thanks

Jason

also..anyone know about running "NAVGAS" (airplane fuel) in their cars...i was told that you can run aviation fuel in it and its cheaper..is this a true...let me know...thanks

Jason

http://www.dumontduneriders.com/invision/i...w=&st=&

AV gas is usually a hassle to buy outta the pump at airports.

AV gas is not good. It is formulated different for running a different mixture due to temperature and pressures and altitudes. I have heard of people using it but everything I've read says don't do it. I am not willing to take a chance with my motor to save a couple dollars.

I look at it this way I can buy alot of 110 race fuel for what it would cost me to replace my motor.

I just called Rasor Road Service. It is the Beacon station on Rasor Road. They have 110 at the pump for $7.58 a gallon. Their number is 800-828-5473.

thanks for the info guys...see ya on Halloween...2 pm S. pole.. ill be in the little blue rail :headbang1::driver:

Jason

Hey Jason im from AV to. When i used to buy high octane i bought it from Beck oil on D st, they have all diff octanes for what you need or want, it was about 6 bucks, its called trick race fuel. We should meet up out there for holloween :trickortreat: :beercheers: .

Dan

avgas may be illegal now for street

avgas is hard to get without pilots license and only at small airports

avgas is a drier fuel, no lubrication

avgas is lighter and weighs less than race fuels

avgas means you have to jet richer or you will go bang

avgas for engines at 2500-3000 rpm at altitude

avgas is not used by high performance aircraft, they use sunoco racing fuels etc.

so---------why the hassle?

you want performance with a performance engine, then buy the good stuff! :beercheers: :stir: :trickortreat: :ban-split:

Hey Jason im from AV to. When i used to buy high octane i bought it from Beck oil on D st, they have all diff octanes for what you need or want, it was about 6 bucks, its called trick race fuel. We should meet up out there for holloween :trickortreat: :ban-split: .

Dan

Ill be there... i usually camp in front of restroom 3... 35 41.077n, 116 14.576w there is usually about 4-6 MH with us..im the one with the older one and blue SR...stop by..we'll have a beer . :beercheers: im gonna be at the meet N greet on sat at 2... let me know

Jason

avgas may be illegal now for street

avgas is hard to get without pilots license and only at small airports

avgas is a drier fuel, no lubrication

avgas is lighter and weighs less than race fuels

avgas means you have to jet richer or you will go bang

avgas for engines at 2500-3000 rpm at altitude

avgas is not used by high performance aircraft, they use sunoco racing fuels etc.

so---------why the hassle?

you want performance with a performance engine, then buy the good stuff! :laughoff: :stir: :laughoff::laughoff:

avgas is not illeagle for the street and were talking about sand rails (off road )

avgas availability i didnt have much trouble

avegas lubrication ?? total myth not dryer the lead content is plenty for "earthbound" vehicles

avegas weight if it is lighter its because they dont add all those chemicals into it.

avgas does not cause lean burn again another myth

avgas can easily power 800 + hp on the ground or more and cheaper than the race fuel

AV gas is lighter because it is not as dense as race fuel. AV gas has a much lower specific gravity rating than race fuel. This means that an engine tuned on race fuel will run lean on AV gas. Also most high octane AV gas contains lead so if you are using an oxygen sensor for your fuel mixture adjustment through your computer you cannot use AV gas. Lead destroys oxygen sensors. AV GAS IS FOR AIRPLANES!