what toy hauler do you recomend

jr1208

I been wanting to buy a toy hauler but would like to get feedback on members to see what brand of toy hauler do you recommend...i was looking at the attitude & the redlines...what do you recommend?

Hit up OGP. He will get you best deal dollar for $$$$

it isnt the brand so much that you have to worry about. its all about what model, floorplan, cargo room, sleeping arrangements, fuel station needs, bathroom amenities you are looking for.

i was in the same boat you were in 5 years ago...now im kicking myself, because my bathroom is too small, i dont have enough cargo for all my toys, and i zing through my 18 gal fuel cell of my fuel station in no time flat.

answer these questions, and you can be better prepared to find a hauler that suits your needs

how many toys do you have? what are they?

do you plan on adding any in the future?

how many people on average do you plan on having in your hauler?

most important question...what are you going to be towing with?

do you want a front bedroom, or do you mind sleeping in the back?

do you want a big bathroom, or will a small cramped one suffice?

answer those, and i can dial you in more...then hit up OGP and he will hook you up

it isnt the brand so much that you have to worry about. its all about what model, floorplan, cargo room, sleeping arrangements, fuel station needs, bathroom amenities you are looking for.

i was in the same boat you were in 5 years ago...now im kicking myself, because my bathroom is too small, i dont have enough cargo for all my toys, and i zing through my 18 gal fuel cell of my fuel station in no time flat.

answer these questions, and you can be better prepared to find a hauler that suits your needs

do you plan on adding any in the future?

do you want a front bedroom, or do you mind sleeping in the back?

do you want a big bathroom, or will a small cramped one suffice?

answer those, and i can dial you in more...then hit up OGP and he will hook you up

thanks for the help :flipoff: ......

Hit up OGP. He will get you best deal dollar for $$$$

yup i been thinking about that :flipoff: ,but i need to make sure 1000% before i take some of his time.....right now im shopping for a house first......

yup i been thinking about that :DDRrocks: ,but i need to make sure 1000% before i take some of his time.....right now im shopping for a house first......

Heck, get a huge 40 footer 5th wheel and forget the house. Get your priorities in order here!!! :DDRrocks:

Do you know how many sand spots you could visit in a year?????? :beerpint:

good luck and just don't buy too small :DDRrocks::DDRrocks:

Edited by SANDAWG

Heck, get a huge 40 footer 5th wheel and forget the house. Get your priorities in order here!!! :bawl:

Do you know how many sand spots you could visit in a year?????? :beerpint:

good luck and just don't buy too small :bawl::DDRrocks:

i thought about that :DDRrocks::DDRrocks::DDRrocks: or live week by week at different parking lots :bawl::bawl: ...i'm thinking between 26'-30'....

i thought about that :worthless_without_pics: :laughing::assblast: or live week by week at different parking lots :rolleyes::driver: ...i'm thinking between 26'-30'....

Key questions as far as I am concerned!!!!! :thumb:

how DARE you call my questions KEY :driver:

errrrrr :assblast: :worthless_without_pics:

I could have called them totally Gay, Irrelevant or down right Stupid but since I agreed with you, which I rarely do, :thumb: I had to call them KEY!! Back at ya!!!!! :rolleyes::laughing:

Key questions as far as I am concerned!!!!! :beercheers:

i have 4 quads.....,they are 1 raptor 660,2 honda trx 450r & 1 raptor 80....people btw 4-8.....i have a 6.0 chevrolet silverado 2500 hd ......that answers all key questions :old:

i have 4 quads.....,they are 1 raptor 660,2 honda trx 450r & 1 raptor 80....people btw 4-8.....i have a 6.0 chevrolet silverado 2500 hd ......that answers all key questions :beercheers:

I meant, and I think cheese meant........ those are the things that you should consider when looking for the perfect rig for you!

Good luck

4-8 people?? Sounds like you need a Motel 6 on wheels :old:

Good Luck!

I meant, and I think cheese meant........ those are the things that you should consider when looking for the perfect rig for you!

Good luck

4-8 people?? Sounds like you need a Motel 6 on wheels :old:

Good Luck!

:beercheers::rockwoot::blury:

I really really researched all the types of toyhaulers before we bought ours. Some things to consider...

Account for how much space you need for your current toys and possibly future toys (if you're thinking about getting a UTV, Rail, more toys, etc).

Make sure you have enough space to be comfortable with your family, pets and friends you might want to bring.

Look at things like wheel wells and really measure measure measure!!! We had a little area by the fuel pump that did not allow us to load both quads when we got our Rhino.

Make sure you have enough cabinet space.

Make sure your tow vehicle can handle what you plan to tow. Keep in mind that water, fuel and toys add a LOT of weight.

Are you planning on getting a tow behind or 5th wheel? If you have a lifted truck, a 5th wheel could not be an option (this was our case).

Really look at quality and the kind of service you'll get at the dealership. These things go across the desert and other places, where things can move around. We loved our dealership (Cal's)- that's one of the deciding factors, but it ended up closing. :(

Make sure you check how big the tanks are - fresh water, black and gray tank. I love my toyhauler (have a Raptor tow behind) and have had no major issues (knock on wood). The only thing we don't like is our model comes with a 28 gallon black tank, so we have to be careful on long weekends.

Here's a link from rv.net that will give you a list of toyhaulers: http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseacti...id/16259414.cfm

Good luck! :clap:

I just (Jun 09) bought a Fleetwood GearBox, 375FS, 39' toy hauler. Don't have any toys in it yet, but looking for a sand car now. From the cabinet to the back door is right at 20 ft., so I don't think I'll have to worry about the length of the car.

We're USAF retired, in our early 50's and this hauler fits our needs very well. We take it to the drag strip and entertain friends, BBQ, and drink too much. We have room for coolers, BBQ's, chairs, and all the other "stuff" we need to party well and would still have room for a car if we folded the furniture out of the way. We go to the lake and have too much fun there too. When we find that sand car, we'll hit the dunes and party big time there too. I wanted something this big to have the room WE needed. You might answer the questions that these folks have asked, and find out you need a 25' model. Whatever you do, don't settle. It took me over 6 months to find mine, and I had to drive from Tucson to Phoenix, AZ to look at, and buy it.

:clap:

Our Raptor is 30 ft and is perfect amount of space for us. So yes, keep in mind what YOU need. Also, if you look at a toyhauler and it has pop outs, account for how much space they take up. Some of our friends have a garage and love it, as it keep the toys separate. However, that will limit your space.

Shopping for one is really fun! :clap:

I just (Jun 09) bought a Fleetwood GearBox, 375FS, 39' toy hauler. Don't have any toys in it yet, but looking for a sand car now. From the cabinet to the back door is right at 20 ft., so I don't think I'll have to worry about the length of the car.

We're USAF retired, in our early 50's and this hauler fits our needs very well. We take it to the drag strip and entertain friends, BBQ, and drink too much. We have room for coolers, BBQ's, chairs, and all the other "stuff" we need to party well and would still have room for a car if we folded the furniture out of the way. We go to the lake and have too much fun there too. When we find that sand car, we'll hit the dunes and party big time there too. I wanted something this big to have the room WE needed. You might answer the questions that these folks have asked, and find out you need a 25' model. Whatever you do, don't settle. It took me over 6 months to find mine, and I had to drive from Tucson to Phoenix, AZ to look at, and buy it.

:lol:

cool thanks for the info & congrats on your new hauler :headbang1: ....hope you get your sand rail soon also....hope to see you out in the d..... :banghead:

i have 4 quads.....,they are 1 raptor 660,2 honda trx 450r & 1 raptor 80....people btw 4-8.....i have a 6.0 chevrolet silverado 2500 hd ......that answers all key questions :beercheers:

right off the top of my head im gonna say youre in need of a MINIMUM of 12-15 ft storage.... a newer model attitude 25 ak with a front bathroom has that, and can sleep 6-8 no problem...there a re many many other haulers out there that will work for you....