Prayers needed!

CaptNkllm

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well they are real impressed with his recovery the last couple days so they said if it keeps up they will try and wake him up in a few days...... exciting... This has been the 1st day that I have watched his wife leave the hospital upbeat and enthused.... We are awaiting good news for the next few days and soon my friend will be able to wake up..... Thank you all for your prayers, I believe it works (always have)..

Capt

• 1 month later...

Been A while sense an update..... Dallas caught an infection 2 weeks ago, they have been giving him antibiotics to fight the infection and that started working a couple days after that.. whait blood count was real low at that time..He was recouping good after about 4 days when they found an infection in his blood. They started some more antibiotics and those seem to work also. They think he has an ulcer from the feeding tube and they also think that is the cause of the blood infection...

As of last night his wife was down at the hospital and Dallas woke up when she was talking to him... He was trying to talk and his heart rate started to climb so she started explaining to calm down and that he couldnt talk because of the tubes... He relaxed and she talked to him for a bit< he was able to communicate through blinking his eyes. He was awake today listening to his brother talk and was able to move 1 hand and arm.

He is doing great today and tired from all the commotion with the visitors. This is the 1st time his wife has had hope that he will make it through this. She is excited and she can be... His mom and Dad and family are excited and I am grateful.. I will visit him tomorrow but I am looking for a full recovery and then some... soon..

9 weeks today he has been in the hospital and tomorrow would have made 9 weeks in a induced coma.

Thanks for all the prayers and thoughts

Capt

Awesome News Dave. I'm stoked for Dallas, his wife, kids, family, and friends.

Wow, This has been a long haul for them all so far, and some more to go.

Keep up the fight Dallas. :headbang1:

We will all get to meet you soon buddy. :D:D:D

Thanks for the update Dave. :MBdance:

R-

:praying:

• 3 weeks later...

Dallas Is now awake and Doing GREAT!!!!... Thanks to all the Prayers on this and other sites.. Everyday he is more and more alert and asking questions.. Doctors said he wouldnt be able to drink from a straw for 3 days... it took him 1 HOUR :rtd: .... they also told him that he wouldnt be able to move his arms till about 2 weeks after therapy..3 Days he is moving his arms... When I was in there talking to him on thurs.. he was telling his dad to get his legs out.. LETS WORK THEM>> he said.. He wants out of that place.... He asked me about work and how the shop is doing ... the field crews and so on... very coherent.... He knows who you are when he sees ya.... :rtd: ... He has 2 therapy girls that give him a work over..... He told 1 of the girls ... Your a big b*tch lol....

He is fully and truely on the road to recovery.. He told me he will be back to work in 2 weeks.....then he said... maybe 3 lol.. He wants to work that body as much as he can right now and he wants out of the hospital.

So I am happy to inform that his is doing better than a normal patient and his recovery is going real fast... it even impressed the docs..... I am so happy to see my friend and to be able to talk to him and to see something actually happening that is good... its even better than good

Capt

We ran into a problem partially sunday and kinda went south yesterday..... He started talking funny things on sunday... his wife thought it was the meds... Monday he was talking way out things like he was on his meds again or stuck in a dream.

They sedated Dallas Last night and put him back under... transported him back to the ICU and planned on a Cat scan and a spinal tap today..

Spinal came back normal which I am not sure if that is good or bad seeing how they do not know what is happening and why. What they do know is that he has had 2 seizure and his brain is swelling... Hope they are able to find the cause and I hope it is easy treatment...

So this is a big step back as of right now... I am praying for him and I know you guys are also...He was doing so good and things were looking awesome... I will continue to pray for a full recovery

Capt

We ran into a problem partially sunday and kinda went south yesterday..... He started talking funny things on sunday... his wife thought it was the meds... Monday he was talking way out things like he was on his meds again or stuck in a dream.

They sedated Dallas Last night and put him back under... transported him back to the ICU and planned on a Cat scan and a spinal tap today..

Spinal came back normal which I am not sure if that is good or bad seeing how they do not know what is happening and why. What they do know is that he has had 2 seizure and his brain is swelling... Hope they are able to find the cause and I hope it is easy treatment...

So this is a big step back as of right now... I am praying for him and I know you guys are also...He was doing so good and things were looking awesome... I will continue to pray for a full recovery

Capt

I appreciate everyone prayers and thoughts... Dallas is sedated again and they ran a cat scan last night and reviewed today and everything is normal... Not sure if that is good or bad?... they dont know what the cause is... Maybe god healed him? I believe god has kept him and will continue to do so. Even though I dont Practice my religion fully I have faith in my God...God is Good and he is Faithful... Next few days will tell the story

Capt

I have faith in my God...God is Good and he is Faithful...

I've never met you, or Dallas, but I have and will continue to pray for him,...and you, as this is hard on you as well. You are right! :thumb: God is good, even when we don't understand our trials. Keep us up to date!

I have to say.......Its POSITIVE again.... the News that is...Dallasi s back in a regular room again.. :rtd:

Docs didnt find anything out of the ordinary with his test results... Cat scan is normal :sampler: :rtd:

He Know where he is, He understood and answered all the doctors questions ... he is coherent again... Wow... I am thrilled.....They think when they put a medical patch on him it caused the seizures..

Either way ... he is back on the road to recovery.... and he is determined to make the best of it....

Prayer works....Thanks again for all the thoughts and Prayers... I appreciate it..

Capt