• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok here it is....

:laughoff:

http://www.dumontduneriders.com/videos/V_Rex.wmv

I love how quiet it is. :laughoff:

Ryan was hitting the rev limiter in 3rd geard at about half/three quarter hill too. :laughoff: Time to re-gear and go even faster!

thanks Pete :D ... but somehow it does not work :blink: ....all i get is a frozen pic :laughoff: ...maybe it is my computer :laughoff:

thanks Pete :D ... but somehow it does not work :blink: ....all i get is a frozen pic :laughoff: ...maybe it is my computer :laughoff:

Must be your pc. Works for me. :laughoff:

Here ya go. I have it on You Tube as well, but it's a smaller size than the one I put on our server.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ts4Zw2tAtSI

(BTW: check out the related videos to the right ;):laughoff: )

thanks Pete !!! :DDRrocks:

that jump on top in the 2nd run is cool :blink::driver:

it looks like the shocks are still a little soft valved and she is sitting too high

the gearing is way too short; you can hear the rev-limiter popping (i guess it would look cool at night when the turbos blow the unburned fuel out the tailpipe :loser::thumb: )

thanks Pete !!! :driver:

that jump on top in the 2nd run is cool :laughoff::loser:

it looks like the shocks are still a little soft valved and she is sitting too high

the gearing is way too short; you can hear the rev-limiter popping (i guess it would look cool at night when the turbos blow the unburned fuel out the tailpipe :blink::DDRrocks: )

Ryan thought it was pretty soft in the front end so we turned up the preload on the springs. What a pain in the a$$ that was. :grin:

We had to pull the bypasses out and then the coils to adjust them out of the car.

normal_S2010005~12.JPG

normal_S2010004~14.JPG

Then we did a dune run to the north pole and by the time we got to comp hill all 4 shocks had leaked. :thumb: Thats why it was riding like crap at that point.

Ryan thought it was pretty soft in the front end so we turned up the preload on the springs. What a pain in the a$$ that was. :driver:

We had to pull the bypasses out and then the coils to adjust them out of the car.

sorry for that :DDRrocks:

the coil-carriers have also a valving in it so we had to run the expansion can on them too....together with the big bypass there is just no room to get to the preload ring :thumb:

i guess that short fat fukker is just overstuffed :loser:

:loser::blink: now i see what you are talking about : that video is a classic and still funny as hell...poor Bert :thumb::DDRrocks:

no not that one (although that was great too). I meant the videos that come up on You Tube while you are watching the V Rex one on there. There are lots of space shuttle liftoff videos that come up since I used that as the keywords for the video. :driver:

Hey Ryan I didn't get a pic of your car where you blew that fuse, but buggychick did! That was a messed up spot to lose power. :lol:

P1020754.JPG

holly s...t :lol: amazing Ryan got out of that spot under his own power (after he had power again :thumb: )

darn 80! amp fuse :chug: ...V-Rex sure needs a lot of juice to run :laughoff:

We tried pulling the front end down the hill. Yeah right! :lol: Well we did manage to move it a little bit, but he just hit the gas and it pulled out ok. :D

I'll tell ya what...it was a pleasure to finally dune with Ryan and his new car. Its been a long time. I almost forgot that Ryan went to the dunes there for a bit. :thumb: